Previous   Next

Do you observe speed limits?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on July 6, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, always and everywhere.”

“Yes I do, I think I’ve had one ticket in my life.”

“Yes I do, pretty much everywhere. I don’t want to get pulled over.”

“Yes I do because I ride a bicycle.”

Comments

K_Verses_The_World 3 years, 9 months ago

Warning signs are flashing everywhere, but we pay no heed Instead of slowing down the place, we keep a picking up speed Disaster's getting closer every time we meet Going ninety miles an hour down a dead end street

Dixie Jones 3 years, 9 months ago

LOL ROE ok blonde moment .... lmao silly me...

Dixie Jones 3 years, 9 months ago

a speed limit is only a recomended speed... isnt it ???? (dear in headlights look)....

fancy80 3 years, 9 months ago

is it just me, or does Maddie (pictured above) seem as though she might NOT obey the speed limit?? She has that funny little grin that makes it a little hard to believe she is telling the truth...

good answer though.

riverdrifter 3 years, 9 months ago

I always obey the speed limit. Except for that one time, years ago, that I got a ticket for doing 131 mph in a 55 out in 'western Kansas'. Smokey was in an airplane.

sundancewierdo 3 years, 9 months ago

"West bound and down, eighteen wheels are rollin' , we're gonna do what they say can't be done. We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm west bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run.

Keep your foot hard on the pedal. Son, never mind them brakes. Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make. The boys are thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarcana. And we'll bring it back no matter what it takes."

Liberty275 3 years, 9 months ago

I observe the signs and drive 7-9 mph faster than they say.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

CW, There is a reason Jesus was hot for the ladies of ill repute...

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

She ain't bad rights now but you wont be a crossin the river tomorrow.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 9 months ago

Autie quick, swim out to the garden while you can and grab what you need for supper before it starts again.8-[ Good night for fried green t'maters with chops.

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

Anyone seen the movie ZombieLand? I watched it over the weekend. Great flick.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

I thought I saw Jesus driving a 1972 SS 396 Chevelle....I must have been high.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Jesus would have driven a Montreux Blue '67 Goat with Rally II wheels.

Just saying.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Ah, 10-4, Pig Pen, what's your twenty? OMAHA? Well, they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for sure. Well, mercy sakes, good buddy, we gonna back on outta here, so keep the bugs off your glass and the bears off your... tail. We'll catch you on the flip-flop. This here's the Rubber Duck on the side. We gone. 'Bye,'bye.

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

The planets feel out of alignment or something. LG40 should be here complaining about radar traps and how speed limits oppress his personal freedoms....

oneeye_wilbur 3 years, 9 months ago

Don'thave to .The potholes dictate thespeed on each and every street. The closed off streets for repair dictate speed. The many,many vehicles in Lawrence that were purchased with out turn signals is a real help in assistingdrivers to drive slow. ONe never knows when the car will turn left, turn right or not turn at all.

Speed has always been favored in Lawrence. Of course, after LSD.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

The other day I was driving my Ferrari on K-10. That's all. I just wanted you to know I have a Ferrari.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

Can God make a car that goes so fast, that even he can't catch it?

gphawk89 3 years, 9 months ago

I "observe" the signs as I drive by them going 10-15mph faster than they are telling me to go, but only on the highway. On city streets and residential areas I stay at or below the limit.

mom_of_three 3 years, 9 months ago

In town, I drive the posted limit, depending on the traffic. on the highway, usually a couple of miles over the posted limit, depending on traffic.
And I will be very glad when everyone learns the law that, unless passing, traffic is in the right lane, including you pokey people who want to drive 60 in the left.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

autie, How much have you gotten?
I think we may have escaped our rain today...

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

those ARE serious answers. One must merely pick through the BS first.

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

OK, how about tomorrow we all answer the question seriously? Nah........

pace 3 years, 9 months ago

I wish they would impose the 55 mph speed limit and other fuel saving efforts while we are at war.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Ah, breaker, Pig Pen, this here's the Duck. And, you wanna back off them hogs? Yeah, 10-4, 'bout five mile or so. Ten, roger. Them hogs is gettin' in-tense up here.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoying the ride. I'm speeding, too.

sputum 3 years, 9 months ago

In town I drive exactly the speed limit or under. Usually 5 to 10 under. On the two lane highway it's 55. Yes Sammy, I can drive 55. On divided highway within city limits it's normally 5 under in the left lane with my flashers going. Outside city limits I move to the right lane cus that's the law. Can't be too safe these days. Lots of crazy folks texting and with phones stuck in their ears. Whenever I see someone behind me with a phone in their ear, I slow down another 5 to 10, maybe even more. Yes I use my mirrors.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

I may become a believer in high ground before this day is over. It ain't done nothing but rain since ...too long.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

I've been a firm believer in bud nippin for a long time now.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Okay, let's nip it in the bud. Nopolitics or religion on the OTS page! I command it!!

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

Does Jesus drive? What kind of car? Prius?

Romans832 3 years, 9 months ago

My reason for staying within the speed limit has nothing to do with being "caught." It's because my conscience will not allow it. I believe that Romans 13:1-2 applies to me in regard to speed limits, so it would be a sin against God. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%2013:1-2&version=NLT

Again, FOR ME. I'm not going to play the role of Holy Spirit for you. But don't resist if He does start poking around in your life. ;-)

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Gotta love the texting thing. I've seen people driving with their elbows and wrists, with the phone right in front of their face. Brilliant. At least the body shops really dig you idiots.

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

So with the proliferation of the cell phone, I think we have possibly seen the downfall of the CB radio. The song Convoy would go over less than spectacular via tiwtter.

sigh

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon? Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure. By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon. Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen, yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy. Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy...

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I got a cravin' love for blazin' speed I got a hopped up Mustang Ford Jump into the wagon, love Throw your panties overboard I can write you poems, make a strong man lose his mind I'm no pig without a wig, I hope you treat me kind Things are breakin' up out there Highwater everywhere

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

What really irks the hell out of me is cars with missing hubcaps. I mean, have some pride. It's a cheap fix. Get some damn hubcaps!!

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Yeah! Speedway Shell! Kickass! You mean those white signs with black numbers? I observe them all over the place. What a waste of money. Here's my rule of thumb: The posted speed is the implied or recommended speed limit. You're always good for 5-9mph above that. I haven't had a ticket yet, besides DUI's.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

"Six posts and not one relevant in the mix. Typical. Well, I guess you can include this and make the count Seven."

What did you want? An in-depth post concerning each poster's research into their willingness to follow the speed limit? They ask the OTS 365 times a year. There are bound to be some duds. Roll with it and have some fun.

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

My eye sight is fine so I do observe them. However I may not obey so much.

BABBOY 3 years, 9 months ago

In City, all of the time.

Highway, usually five over all the time sometimes more

aeroscout17 3 years, 9 months ago

I am all for deregulation. I am tired of the government sticking its nose in my business and telling me what to do. We don't need those dang limits, as free Americans we should be able to drive as fast as we want. Next thing you know they will want us to start paying fees to license our cars. When will it end?

OonlyBonly 3 years, 9 months ago

Bob Kraxner 3 years, 9 months ago

I try really hard, but these days I'm gettin too old to get my bicycle up to the posted speed limit anymore !

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I just have difficulty with stop signs and signals.

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

I "observe" the speed posted on signs, but that's not generally the speed at which I drive. I'm one of the many who drive 5-10 miles faster than that whenever traffic allows.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

"Convoy" - C.W. McCall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO_AIh8drk

I says, "Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck. "And I'm about to put the hammer down."

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

In a flat Forty-One with my strat on the doorwe was goin' to the country for what we came for.I'm sure you've smelled the trees in the air.The best of motor cruisin's just the joy to get there.I was approachin' Simonton down by the cotton gin.There was old man Berkman trying to flag me in.He asked if I would stay awhile and if I needed gas.I said, "No thanks, anyhow I don't drive too fast."