Previous   Next

Do you observe speed limits?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on July 6, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, always and everywhere.”

“Yes I do, I think I’ve had one ticket in my life.”

“Yes I do, pretty much everywhere. I don’t want to get pulled over.”

“Yes I do because I ride a bicycle.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

"Convoy" - C.W. McCall http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWO_AIh8drk

I says, "Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck. "And I'm about to put the hammer down."

puddleglum 4 years, 5 months ago

so we crashed the gates doin' 98-I said "let them truckers roll 10-4"

redneck 4 years, 5 months ago

I can't drive ..... 55!!! I don't know why they say speed kills. Yes, I can agree with that if you're driving like 50 over the limit. It's stupidity that kills, and we are all guilty of that from time to time. Ever notice how the slower drivers are not safe drivers? Left lane fast, right lane slow. Got it?

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

I "observe" the speed posted on signs, but that's not generally the speed at which I drive. I'm one of the many who drive 5-10 miles faster than that whenever traffic allows.

John Hamm 4 years, 5 months ago

Six posts and not one relevant in the mix. Typical. Well, I guess you can include this and make the count Seven.

aeroscout17 4 years, 5 months ago

I am all for deregulation. I am tired of the government sticking its nose in my business and telling me what to do. We don't need those dang limits, as free Americans we should be able to drive as fast as we want. Next thing you know they will want us to start paying fees to license our cars. When will it end?

jonas_opines 4 years, 5 months ago

I think you're too tired. It's making you grouchy.

jonas_opines 4 years, 5 months ago

Whoops, my apologies. Got scrambled in the references.

cozy 4 years, 5 months ago

I'm missing one thanks to the city and their sh!t response time to fixing potholes. 23rd street is a main street, a 2X3 hole should have been fixed long before it got to that point.

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Among truck drivers,(what the song is about) CB radios still rule. With over 1 million trucks nationwide it would be difficult to communicate with the trucker passing you if you had no idea what his cell number was

Romans832 4 years, 5 months ago

My reason for staying within the speed limit has nothing to do with being "caught." It's because my conscience will not allow it. I believe that Romans 13:1-2 applies to me in regard to speed limits, so it would be a sin against God. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%2013:1-2&version=NLT

Again, FOR ME. I'm not going to play the role of Holy Spirit for you. But don't resist if He does start poking around in your life. ;-)

aeroscout17 4 years, 5 months ago

Still waiting for the authorities to honor me... ;)

Romans832 4 years, 5 months ago

I agree, aeroscout. I have often wondered when that would happen. Especially when they turn a blind eye to those in violation. Remember the song about the guy who was treed by a bear? He was praying for God to help him, and at one time changed the prayer to, "If you don't help me, please don't help that bear!" ;-)

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

" 1.Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished."

"All authority"? Anybody wanna go Godwin here?

Sorry R832, but my fear of being fined for speeding a few mph over outweighs my fear of going to hell for it

independant1 4 years, 5 months ago

I'm a charter member of that club, dues free, like the old AARP. The good old days (no not the good old days of slavery, just covering my a$$ for the rabid libs/progs on this forum). (Now to inflame them, 'The good old days when out of wedlock births were much lower than today for all races. Walter Williams)

puddleglum 4 years, 5 months ago

jesus drives a '71 hemi cuda. sassy grass green with a white top

Mixolydian 4 years, 5 months ago

The Bible says that Jesus and the disciples were "all in one accord."

Obviously he drove a Honda.

Sheryl Wiggins 4 years, 5 months ago

dork laugh Thanks Mixo. Now just let m clean Mtn Dew off my keyboard.

denak 4 years, 5 months ago

The Bible says that Jesus and the disciples were "all in one accord."........

Were they Mexican???? :)

redneck 4 years, 5 months ago

Didn't you know he drives a friggin Hummer? WWJD? Probably run over youre butt if you don't get out of the way? lol

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

JackFrost has spoken the Word, and the Word is good. All hail JackFrost!

pace 4 years, 5 months ago

I wish they would impose the 55 mph speed limit and other fuel saving efforts while we are at war.

mom_of_three 4 years, 5 months ago

In town, I drive the posted limit, depending on the traffic. on the highway, usually a couple of miles over the posted limit, depending on traffic.
And I will be very glad when everyone learns the law that, unless passing, traffic is in the right lane, including you pokey people who want to drive 60 in the left.

gphawk89 4 years, 5 months ago

I "observe" the signs as I drive by them going 10-15mph faster than they are telling me to go, but only on the highway. On city streets and residential areas I stay at or below the limit.

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

BUT . . . do you have any Grey Poupon?

independant1 4 years, 5 months ago

potholes are just reverse speed bumps, innies.

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Ah, 10-4, Pig Pen, what's your twenty? OMAHA? Well, they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for sure. Well, mercy sakes, good buddy, we gonna back on outta here, so keep the bugs off your glass and the bears off your... tail. We'll catch you on the flip-flop. This here's the Rubber Duck on the side. We gone. 'Bye,'bye.

Liberty275 4 years, 5 months ago

I observe the signs and drive 7-9 mph faster than they say.

sundancewierdo 4 years, 5 months ago

"West bound and down, eighteen wheels are rollin' , we're gonna do what they say can't be done. We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there. I'm west bound, just watch ol' "Bandit" run.

Keep your foot hard on the pedal. Son, never mind them brakes. Let it all hang out 'cause we got a run to make. The boys are thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarcana. And we'll bring it back no matter what it takes."

riverdrifter 4 years, 5 months ago

I always obey the speed limit. Except for that one time, years ago, that I got a ticket for doing 131 mph in a 55 out in 'western Kansas'. Smokey was in an airplane.

fancy80 4 years, 5 months ago

is it just me, or does Maddie (pictured above) seem as though she might NOT obey the speed limit?? She has that funny little grin that makes it a little hard to believe she is telling the truth...

good answer though.

Dixie Jones 4 years, 5 months ago

a speed limit is only a recomended speed... isnt it ???? (dear in headlights look)....

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Wouldn't that be "deer" in headlights? Or maybe not . . .

Dixie Jones 4 years, 5 months ago

LOL ROE ok blonde moment .... lmao silly me...

K_Verses_The_World 4 years, 5 months ago

Warning signs are flashing everywhere, but we pay no heed Instead of slowing down the place, we keep a picking up speed Disaster's getting closer every time we meet Going ninety miles an hour down a dead end street