Previous   Next

Which do you prefer: hamburgers or hot dogs?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on July 3, 2010

Browse the archives

“Hot dog because I can put on all the stuff like tomatoes and pickles and onions, really make a meal out of them.”

“One of both; I like food.”

“Hamburgers because I do not like hot dogs.”

“Hamburgers; it’s just way more fulfilling.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years ago

I've never quite recovered from the grade school field trip in '58 where we watched the meat cutters in their rubber suits and boots shovel the scraps they had been working and walking in for at least as long as we had been there down a stainless steel chute and being told it was all being ground up to make wieners. Yeah, I'll still eat them, but after one or two I get a little gagged up just looking at them. I'll take a pound of ground round any day over hot dogs.

beatrice 5 years ago

Seconded. Just knowing a little of how a hot dog is made is enough to make me avoid them altogether.

I guess my answer would be ... steak.

denak 5 years ago

Thanks for the visual Roe. 'preciate it.

Dena (putting down her hot dog)

Bill Lee 5 years ago

Hot dogs at the ballpark, burgers everywhere else.

Nikki May 5 years ago

I've tried them. Maybe it wasn't a "good" one. I'd rather NOT eat hot dogs, if this is the option.

ms_canada 5 years ago

Lamb burgers are the best, especially when consumed in St. James' Irish Pub in Banff, Alberta along with a bottle of Harps lager. Took my 2 daughters to Banff last weekend to be enraptured by the amazing guitar of Alpha Yaya Diallo in The Club at the Banff Center for Fine Arts. Grand evening, it was.

ms_canada 5 years ago

Oh yeh! I hope that you all have a wonderful happy day tomorrow. We did our thingy on Thursday with fireworks and the whole stramash! It was fun.

Deja Coffin 5 years ago

Blue cheese stuffed burgers are the best....... but a nice cheddar brat is also good.

galwaygal 5 years ago

I love a good Chicago style dog but it must be an all beef dog in a poppy seed bun along with mustard, two kinds of sweet relish (one must be neon green), onions, tomatoes, a dill spear pickle and celery salt. I pass on the jalapenos peppers, tho. Otherwise, I'll take a bleu burger at The Streetcar grill in KCMO.

dogsandcats 5 years ago

Holly looks like she eats a lot of hamburgers.

ms_canada 5 years ago

I say, one of the great joys of life is to celebrate the birthdays of one's family members, especially children. We have two such celebratory events coming up this month and two next month. And then next month there is the grand event of the year in Edmonton, The Folk Music Festival. Can't wait. Five days of jolity. Van Morrison is here this year. We have waited a long time for this.

independant1 5 years ago

hot dog with chili, onions, mustard, shred cheese on cheap white bun sporks come in handy 2nd place, kraut and hot mustard

worked at IBP and oscar meyer plants whilst in school, don't bother me, probably cause also helped the family (pig/beef/sheep/corn farmers) make the best pork/beef summer sausage and brauts. The best is always prepared at home.

When in grade school the guvment provided some surplus fish dogs in 60's, anybody remember those?

And Happy BD Autie/dodder!