Previous   Next

If you had the $194,000, would you buy the new flying car approved by the FAA?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, but I would probably want to buy a plane before it because we have less roads where I live.”

“I’d probably wait till it had been out for a while, when they worked out some of the defects. My boyfriend would want it right away, but I would be more hesitant.”

“I saw a thing on ‘60 Minutes’ about it, and the thing that came to me was I’m gonna be scared if a bunch of us are up there in the sky just flying around. I think we would have to come up with some kind of system.”

“I wouldn’t buy it because I think it’s a waste. There’s no point in it.”

Comments

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

I'll wait until they have one that can take off and land in traffic, on roads. I expect more for this kind of money.

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

In 1970 I had a '67 Firebird. Man, could I make that bird fly!! Then one day I took up a new career. Magician. Yup. Turned that Firebird into a telephone pole. Quite a trick really. Haven't done anything like that since, but that was enough. Now I let everyone else do the flying. No more flying cars for me.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

I'd buy a 911 and save the rest of the dough for speeding tickets.

Marty_McFly 4 years, 5 months ago

You can have mine when I'm through Autie.

Liberty275 4 years, 5 months ago

Don't you shake too much to drive it theses days?

Kontum1972 4 years, 5 months ago

i would prefer buying a real plane...mb a P-38A Lightning, or a P-51A Mustang...

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

IMHO, the P-38 was the best looking fighter of the WW II era.

puddleglum 4 years, 5 months ago

I have to go with the dornier 335 pfeil.....I am probably the best looking fighter of any era, but I am beautiful and obviously offspring from zeus.

somedude20 4 years, 5 months ago

I always thought that I would get the money from saving Brooke Shields from drowning but I would hire Van Halen to play my birthday party

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

Maybe it is a regular gig, like Cher in Vegas. Doesn't Rash Limberger get married every few months?

somedude20 4 years, 5 months ago

Oh hell no! Best three man band ever? Cream! The Police! Band of Gypsys! Primus! <====GREAT ZZ Top, Fun Boy Three, Nirvana, Beastie Boys<===NOT SO GREAT

and do not forget Peter, Paul, and Mary<===people who influenced Rush

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

Cool! Maybe they will make a live album from the tour!

(okay, that was sarcasm)

bliddel 4 years, 5 months ago

Before you buy cat litter, remember that the 400 pounds the craft will carry also has to include FUEL, at 6 pounds per gallon, 4-6 gallons per hour.

jonas_opines 4 years, 5 months ago

Good news. The immature tattletale's attempt has proven to be fruitless. I contacted the holder of the cartoon and they thanked me for my professionalism and said that as long as the original blog was pulled or I purchased the rights then no further action would be required. I'll have it spitefully put back up in better form by tomorrow morning.

Truthspeaker 4 years, 5 months ago

I can't wait to get one so I could get into traffic and drive 15 mph slower than everyone with my down blinker on.

gphawk89 4 years, 5 months ago

I bought my tickets yesterday. Woo hooo!! Never miss a Rush concert. They won't be around forever.

Richard Payton 4 years, 5 months ago

I heard autie smoked a flying squirrel with his 12 gauge out of his flying contraption.

Newell_Post 4 years, 5 months ago

For $194,000 I could buy a new vette and a good, used airplane. That way I could have a good car and a good airplane, instead of this bastardized thing that probably flies and drives equally badly.

Newell_Post 4 years, 5 months ago

Or better yet, for $125,000 I could buy a good used airplane and rent a luxury car at every airport where I ever needed one for the rest of my life.

Richard Payton 4 years, 5 months ago

p>Bostonherald.com reporting FAA gives approval of flying car. They have seventy orders with deposit money paid to purchase the new fed approved car or plane?