Previous   Next

If you had the $194,000, would you buy the new flying car approved by the FAA?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, but I would probably want to buy a plane before it because we have less roads where I live.”

“I’d probably wait till it had been out for a while, when they worked out some of the defects. My boyfriend would want it right away, but I would be more hesitant.”

“I saw a thing on ‘60 Minutes’ about it, and the thing that came to me was I’m gonna be scared if a bunch of us are up there in the sky just flying around. I think we would have to come up with some kind of system.”

“I wouldn’t buy it because I think it’s a waste. There’s no point in it.”

Comments

bobberboy 3 years, 9 months ago

does it fly itself and have surround sound ?

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

Just took a look at the flying car on Google. Not bad, but I'll pass. Gonna wait for the George Jetson model. Wish I could go to the Rush concert, but got prior plans. I'll get out my old cassette and rock the neighborhood. Saw them on TV two weeks ago, great music.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

I could live for 12-1/2 years on $194,000 and never once have the desire to see a sparkly vampire movie.

Richard Payton 3 years, 9 months ago

p>Bostonherald.com reporting FAA gives approval of flying car. They have seventy orders with deposit money paid to purchase the new fed approved car or plane?

Newell_Post 3 years, 9 months ago

For $194,000 I could buy a new vette and a good, used airplane. That way I could have a good car and a good airplane, instead of this bastardized thing that probably flies and drives equally badly.

Richard Payton 3 years, 9 months ago

I heard autie smoked a flying squirrel with his 12 gauge out of his flying contraption.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 9 months ago

Oh seriously now, come on Whitney! :) Apparently you haven't ever READ the threads here on LJW..good grief..by these standards, you could literally go back and remove a couple thousand comments that JK and others have allowed, that you seem to now find offensive. And don't say 'not all comments are screened'. I know that, but I also know lots of threads that were watched diligently, and what was left ON those threads and what was removed.

TOB's comment was a natural twist to what I said, and quite comical. It lead to mine, the two would usually lead to a string of "Airplane' jokes on here. You want that kind of thing to happen, even at the cost of a slight bit of blue humor, that's what makes people laugh here, come back for more. He wasn't being gross or offensive, just making a play on words!

Jonathan...should she read the Frozen Pipes OTS as a primer? ;)

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

I typed "fellatio" and was summarily disappeareeedededeed.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

TOB, did you use some questionable verbage in a risque manner? Maybe we should quit calling the new girl Lindsey. I mentioned he who can never be spoken of again the other day and I got removed for violation....I guess it was the other part that put over the edge though..something about a profession and a mode of transportation.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Oh, Bob, now I'm all sick. The whole album?! I'm just too broke.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

I used to have a floormate that drank Mickey's and listened to Rush.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

""Jack Frost" reminds me of someone..."

Churchill?

OldEnuf2BYurDad 3 years, 9 months ago

"Jack Frost" reminds me of someone...

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

"The first time was on the "Moving Pictures" tour." Jack

They are playing the entire album on this tour.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

"This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

July 1, 2010 at 11:09 a.m. "

Feel free to email me why that comment was deleted, Lindsey. Please point out in the user's agreement what I violated.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Hey Autie, I think. Bring back that youtube clip from "Airplane".

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 9 months ago

Don't miss this 100 years ago. Can you imagine today's KU athletes doing these things during the summer? http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/jul...

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Go easy, Lindsey. My brain is fried but I don't mean to offend anyone.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I've seen Rush 3 times, all at Kemper, many years ago. The first time was on the "Moving Pictures" tour. Bunch of heads were holding up a banner that said "Leavenworth Welcomes Rush With A Head Rush". Some dude with feathered red hair and the letters SCOTT ironed on the back of his t-shirt was sitting near us. We had some really bad K-weed. My friend smoked almost all of it and he got a headache.

Truthspeaker 3 years, 9 months ago

I can't wait to get one so I could get into traffic and drive 15 mph slower than everyone with my down blinker on.

jonas_opines 3 years, 9 months ago

Good news. The immature tattletale's attempt has proven to be fruitless. I contacted the holder of the cartoon and they thanked me for my professionalism and said that as long as the original blog was pulled or I purchased the rights then no further action would be required. I'll have it spitefully put back up in better form by tomorrow morning.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 9 months ago

Assuming that I not only had the money to buy it, but more money for other expenses you bet woo hoo! On the other hand, I believe it said it only carries 400 lbs? Seriously folks, that's not much. If you're planning to make a run into town for supplies, and have to adults, and need to have anything else in there, you need to think.

A 6ft+ man say, 200, a woman at say, 150, you've got only 50 left for cargo. Buy a 35 lb tub of cat litter, and a 16 lb bag of cat food at Walmart..

...and someone better blow chow BEFORE boarding that plane.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Rush is playing at the Starlight tonight.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

Somedude -

Elton John played Rush Limbaugh's wedding, so I guess anything is possible.

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

I always thought that I would get the money from saving Brooke Shields from drowning but I would hire Van Halen to play my birthday party

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

autie, "infamous fig newton defense?"

And my name is Ronaldo.

Kontum1972 3 years, 9 months ago

i would prefer buying a real plane...mb a P-38A Lightning, or a P-51A Mustang...

BABBOY 3 years, 9 months ago

Hope the everyone was safe in the crash

BABBOY 3 years, 9 months ago

Wow, just as I posted that, I notice the breaking news of a small plane crashing in Jeff County. So, make that as "safe" as the cars on Jetsons....

BABBOY 3 years, 9 months ago

Maybe. But, only if it was as easy to handle as George Jetson's car......

lawrenceguy40 3 years, 9 months ago

CWGOKU 3 years, 9 months ago

"Where we're going, we don't need roads.........."

g_rock 3 years, 9 months ago

I would totally have to wait for the flying car that is a time machine too. Is the flux capacitor fluxing?

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

Good day to you, dear fellow Shewmon......where ever you are.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

"Isn't a flying car just a plane?" -T_O_B,

Would you really call a 1987 Dunhill Cabinetta just a smoke?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Damn prospector, that is seriously freaky.

Someone must have angered the thetans.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

Lindsey is a tough mistress. She follows the letter of the user's agreement and kills posts with evil-hearted joy.

Oh, wait, she pissed off Tom? Nevermind. Lindsey is awesome.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

Hey JackFrost...go easy man, you don't want to rile up Lindsey today.

autie 3 years, 9 months ago

A flying car? That is BS. I'm holding out for a DeLorean that goes places when it hits 88 mph. Isn't it Friday yet?

prospector 3 years, 9 months ago

I would rather have one of those cars that goes into the water and can be a submarine.

Is that Jack's brother that was style scouted today in the LJW?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 9 months ago

$194K? I'd probably just go follow the Drive-By Truckers on their summer tour and stay at those fancy hotels that put chocolate on your pillows at night.

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I'll give you a free ride in my El Camino. I kick it hyphy. I mean I really serve that shat!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdeNxh...

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

I didn't know Tom Cruise was a barista, too. Man, they teach you everything in Scientology!

JackFrost 3 years, 9 months ago

Dude, if I had that many fat stacks of Benjies, this would be my shopping list: -2400 tabs of Groovy Lemon -1 lb of blow -40 lbs of blurple purple sticky icky -5 cases of Cuervo Gold -2 drums of pseudoephedrine for the lab. I wouldn't need a flying car, believe me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Jim, Do the English people eat English muffins, or are they just called muffins?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 9 months ago

I'd buy a 911 and save the rest of the dough for speeding tickets.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Besides Jim, The "Sport Pilot" class license has been around since 2004. How many sky traffic pileups have you heard about in the last 6 years?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 9 months ago

Jim, It's a big sky, just like it is a big road.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

In 1970 I had a '67 Firebird. Man, could I make that bird fly!! Then one day I took up a new career. Magician. Yup. Turned that Firebird into a telephone pole. Quite a trick really. Haven't done anything like that since, but that was enough. Now I let everyone else do the flying. No more flying cars for me.

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

I'll wait until they have one that can take off and land in traffic, on roads. I expect more for this kind of money.