Previous   Next

What would you say is your primary source for news?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 W. Clinton Parkway on January 23, 2010

Browse the archives

“It would be a toss-up between newspaper and television.”

“The Internet because that’s what I’m on the most; we don’t watch a lot of TV.”

“The Internet. It’s easy access and you don’t have to wait around for a certain time.”

NPR. … I can just listen to it on my way to work.”

Comments

Tony Kisner 4 years, 2 months ago

After one too many fantasies about Anderson Cooper I joined a sewing circle which is just as timely and less all that.

jumpin_catfish 4 years, 2 months ago

NPR..........seriously NPR?! People really listen to that dribble?

oneeye_wilbur 4 years, 2 months ago

Actually all sources provide the same old news, just rewritten. My best source was a stack of magazines from Wasilla AK, some old stuff sarah palin had gotten finished with.

I just make up news, that way it is more interesting and each day there can be something different. Don't understand how the population can be so concerned about the news, since most of it does not affect us personally.

No news is good news.

So, there you have it!

diplomacy205 4 years, 2 months ago

Mike George Ken Norton Kevin Sullivan Ron Star (Mr. Wrestling) Kevin the Magnificent Bruiser Brody

I still remember taunting Robley by calling him YellowBelly

Bulldog Bob Brown was my favorite.

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

Right witcha, Thing. NPR is just sooo cooool! I'd listen to it if I had a ham radio. The polar opposite of Fox News, but still a load of crap. I do actually watch Fox for entertainment sometimes because it reminds me of All Star Wrestling when I was a kid. Bill O'Reilly= Bob Geigel Shawn Hannity= Col. Buck Robley Neil Cavuto= Bruiser Bob Sweetan Sarah Palin= Bulldog Bob Brown Harris Faulkner= Rufus R. Jones Steve Ducey= Handsome Harley Race Anyone remember any of that nonsense?

Pywacket 4 years, 2 months ago

Spacehog~ That's some inspired stuff! ;-)

News: KC Star sub, KCUR FM, internet: CNN, LJW, The Guardian (London), Wash Post, Chicago Trib & Sun-Times, etc. If it's big news, I like to get several perspectives on it, including whatever the locals are saying. I'm a news junkie. Then, we move on to analysis--more sources...

Rarely ever catch any TV news. Can do without the preening anchors & reporters. Walter, Chet, & David were classics; it's been downhill ever since.

H_Lecter 4 years, 2 months ago

I try not to stick to one source, so I alternate

Melissa Theuriau

Rudi Bakhtiar

Laura Logan

Erin Andrews

Cokie Roberts

Michelle Gielan

Megyn Kendall

Laura Logan

Bob Kraxner 4 years, 2 months ago

There is very (and I do mean very) little that goes on in this world that is newsworthy, and no....sports isn't news worthy, at least 90% of it. Remove all the sensationalized bullsh*t, as well as all the "non-issue" news, and you'd have enough for one 15 minute news cast every morning and one at night, with the exception of acts of God, inclement weather, and traffic problems.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 2 months ago

Children? He actually spawned? Oh god.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 2 months ago

If it's not on E News! or again on the Daily 10 then it's not important to me.

Thing 4 years, 2 months ago

Merrill, you apparently can't deal with the facts or truth, based on the propaganda websites you listed as your news sources. Your children must be ashamed of you!

Thing 4 years, 2 months ago

Well, Natalie has identified herself as a flake I would not want teaching my kids!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 2 months ago

Shortwave radio, http://dprogram.net, and Twitter. Defiantly Twitter.

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

I might check out http://jewishworldreview.com/. Sounds groovy. BTW, anyone know where I can get a hold of some of that Tefillin? Or are they banning it along with K2?

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

Wow! All the links on this page are gonna give me a siezure, nothing new. On TV, I get all my news from The Soup. In print, the usual; newspaper, Playboy, and Hustler. And no, I do not shower at the gym. I just don't like being around strange naked men. I shower at home. I mean c'mon, if you're gonna do that, fine. Get in the shower, dry off, get dressed and leave. Please don't stand there naked with one foot up on a bench talking about your golf handicap for 20 minutes. Jeez....

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 2 months ago

from Marion. 'cause he already knows everything anyways.

Pilgrim2 4 years, 2 months ago

merrill (Anonymous) says…

These sources hit on both sides of the aisle…

ROFL!!!!!

But if you really meant it, Richard, you missed a few.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 2 months ago

I love me some Spacehog.

News... my motto is... if it isn't cut and pasted, I'm not reading it.

commuter 4 years, 2 months ago

I main source of the news is viewing what Merrill posts and accepting the exact opposite.

jonas_opines 4 years, 2 months ago

I'm actually a satellite that became sentient. Many of you actually get your news from me, if only you knew.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 4 years, 2 months ago

"When the cops got there I explained I wasn't stealing the vice grips, I just thought it might feel good to put them down my pants. They were cool with it."

Did they let you keep the vice grips, spacehog? (and more importantly, are they still down your pants?)

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 4 years, 2 months ago

Primary source of news? The same old (same old) outlets.

autie 4 years, 2 months ago

The front door window. Every morning I look out to see what is going on in the world. The computer is a distant second.

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

Haiti mon amour, Multi! Haiti mon amour....

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

I used to be a housewife, but now I'm a stay-at-home Mom. I get all my news from Wal-Mart. Attention Wal-Mart shoppers! Have you ever seen the "undercover" security guard at Wal-Mart? Tall, slender, glasses, always wears jeans, generic t-shirt and ball cap. He tries to blend in but once in a while he peeks at people thru the shopping racks. One time, as I was putting a pair of vice grips down my pants, he grabbed me. He didn't know he had just laid a hand on Spacehog. I turned, put him face-first on the floor and tuned him up. When the cops got there I explained I wasn't stealing the vice grips, I just thought it might feel good to put them down my pants. They were cool with it.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 2 months ago

We cuzins iz swarn ter seekercee, but sum times tin cans an sum streeng duz rit dandy. Iffin that streeng aint long nuff we jus hollers.

Donnuts 4 years, 2 months ago

friends.... TV.... radio.... websites.