Previous   Next

Is Sherron Collins the best player in college basketball today?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 22, 2010

Browse the archives

“Probably, yeah. It’s really fun to watch him play, and I always enjoy watching the KU basketball games.”

“Hands down, no doubt about it.”

“Absolutely, (the) most reliable.”

“He’s close, if not top three.”

Comments

parrothead8 4 years, 2 months ago

Somebody needs to mention Artsiom Parakhouski...the kids gets no press because he plays at Radford, but he is a dominant, dominant center most nights. Top 5 in the nation in both scoring and rebounding.

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

I always feel dirty and used. Dirty for sure. The city cut my water off 3 weeks ago. That's why I put ether in my bong instead of water the other day. That, and another failed attempt at freebasing. Hence, the explosion.

beawolf 4 years, 2 months ago

He may be the best point guard but as pointed out he needs to be more consistent and take KU to the Final Four. It would also help his draft prospects as he is not in the top 30 on most boards. Also, interesting to note that Aldrich is dropping like a stone on many boards. He needs to pick it up offensively. Maybe he'll be back for 1 more year.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 2 months ago

I know T_O_B, I didn't even get a dinner out of it.

It makes me feel so dirty and used

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 2 months ago

Irish had her way with the comments on her blog.

autie 4 years, 2 months ago

Whatever you call it R_I, makes sure we can pronounce it and spell it.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 2 months ago

T_O_B, I should call it Spacehog Bong Rips?

commonsense 4 years, 2 months ago

Great player, but I'd like to see his turnovers and sometimes poor shot selection become assists. Than he'd be right at the top with the others people have mentioned.

Steve Miller 4 years, 2 months ago

It's all a matter of opinion.. I'm sure there is another avid fan out there that see's his player as the "best".

BABBOY 4 years, 2 months ago

Given that KU is not as strong as originally predicted, and winning seems to revolve around Collins putting them on his back and carrying the entire team, I would say that if his back is strong enough to take them to the national title, he should get the player of the year award.

(that hurts to read, but seems pretty much right on)

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 2 months ago

I invented the most wonderful side item to go along with my salmon steaks last night, Tomatoes, steamed green peppers, sauteed onions, feta cheese, some basil, then spread the mixture on some bread I fried/toasted in olive oil. Now I just have to come up with a name to call it. Something catchy...

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

-Keep your foil shiny side out so the mind waves can't penetrate your skull. Didn't you ever feel funny when a black heliocoter comes by?-

Autie, I totally realate!!

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

Go ahead and ban K2. Not very cost effective. I smoked 5 3g bags and mainly just broke out in hives and crawled under the coffe table. If you know here to get it, weed is still better. They'd better not ban KY. Rosey Palm would be furious.

spacehog 4 years, 2 months ago

I've always said he was the MVP of the 2008 tourney, but he doesn't come close to Bob Dylan. No one ever will. Time to warm up the crack pipe. I miss my bong.

edjayhawk 4 years, 2 months ago

Definitely. He carries the team on his back.

CWGOKU 4 years, 2 months ago

He is up there at the top. Wait until the season is over to decide. Are they banning K2 or KY?

autie 4 years, 2 months ago

Now, what to do with the rest of the day...furlough is boring. Maybe a little recon is in order.

hotrodlincoln1 4 years, 2 months ago

He is at least in the neighborhood.

ChiHawkInKS 4 years, 2 months ago

Not right now but if he continues to put up 25-30 a game then he will have a strong case.

jaywalker 4 years, 2 months ago

He's right there. Damion James, Wall, and Reynolds might have something to say about it before year is over. Right now I'd lean toward James, but man oh man it's great to have Collins.

autie 4 years, 2 months ago

Interesting blog there, L'Bob. That phrase may hang in my mind for a day or two. Especially since my kid and group is "camping" for the Missouri game. And they got a pretty good draw yesterday.

rukus 4 years, 2 months ago

If he takes the hawks to another national title there will be no doubt.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 2 months ago

Of course, he isn't. Damn fine player, though.

autie 4 years, 2 months ago

I think it is due to all the microchips that the CIA has put in the flouride in the water. When you brush your teeth the enamel absorbs them then they can control your thoughts. The CIA can make you think whoever they want is the best basketball player. Just like they can make you like wierd cheeses. Keep your foil shiny side out so the mind waves can't penetrate your skull. Didn't you ever feel funny when a black heliocoter comes by?

jonas_opines 4 years, 2 months ago

I'd say probably top 10, don't know about more than that. John Wall and Scotty Reynolds, Damion James, Collins, Wesley Johnson, a few others. I think the ultimate determinant will depend more on their respective teams' success come March.