Previous   Next

Are you happy about the recent success of the Kansas State University men’s basketball team?

Asked at Wayne and Larry’s Sports Bar, 933 Iowa on January 21, 2010

Browse the archives

“I think I’m more than happy because I’m a K-State fan and they’re doing extremely well this year. ”

“Absolutely. My son goes to K-State.”

“Yes, I am. I’m a KU fan, but I’m happy for K-State.”

“I am happy for them. I’m all for the state of Kansas, but I am a Jayhawk fan.”

Comments

billbodiggens 4 years, 3 months ago

I used to follow KU basketball, but since they have abandoned basketball for driveway slop ball KSU is becoming more and more interesting.

CWGOKU 4 years, 3 months ago

Are you giving Bella Sloe gin? That'll stop the gnawing anyway. I swear, our Lab has chewed glass. He is the kid's dog. Mine is the German Shepard. So smart. Sorry for your loss Spacehog and I am sure the new dog will be a family treasure. Dogs are great.

spacehog 4 years, 3 months ago

Yeah, my HS memories are pretty much blurred by Sloe Gin, Malt Duck, and Little Kings ale. And opening Johnny's at 7:30am before class.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 3 months ago

"I'm putting some Sloe Gin (do they still make that?) in her water sso she's learning the Spacehog way already."

Oh, yeah. I haven't had that since high school. The Spacehog way must be an interesting way to live.

jaywalker 4 years, 3 months ago

Absolutely. As long as they're not playin' the 'Hawks I always root for the 'Cats, whatever the sport.

spacehog 4 years, 3 months ago

Strike that. As I was typing, I heard a strange sound in the other room. She chewed into the arm of an old wooden chair and was nawing thru the rataan covering when I went in there. Like I didn't expect that to happen...we don't use that chair anyway.

spacehog 4 years, 3 months ago

You got it, Prospector. We have a new baby, a 7 mo. old black lab we've named Bella. She's a beauty and a bundle of love. The potty training is going great. We brought her and The Girl's ashes home last Friday Very touching. I'm putting some Sloe Gin (do they still make that?) in her water sso she's learning the Spacehog way already.

spacehog 4 years, 3 months ago

CW, I posted a riddle for you yesterday, but you already dug out. I don't blame you. Nasty topic. RI got the answer. Hey, when are the Luck Few shirts coming in at College Joe's?

couranna1 4 years, 3 months ago

ksu sucks they are just a lil better this year they will collapse and KU will win twice by average margin of 25

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

Hopefully autie did not overdose on Roquefort.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 3 months ago

RI-

I ate my weight in peppar jack and gouda. I also had a string cheese with the boy, but I'm not all that wild about that garbage.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

T_O_B, Yesterday being National Cheese Lovers Day, how did you celebrate?

prospector 4 years, 3 months ago

I don't look to basketball for happiness. Puppies make me happy. Spacehog sounds happy today.

CWGOKU 4 years, 3 months ago

Yawn............. a blatant attempt to get comments. Spacehog, you are up and at it early today. At what I am not sure, but you always have fun. I like that.

beawolf 4 years, 3 months ago

LJW must have a staffer get high, jot down questions, throw in a hat and pull out on slow news days.

consumer1 4 years, 3 months ago

I am going to buy a K-state T-shirt this weekend. To protest KU's bullying a local merchant.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 3 months ago

Sure, why not? Glad they are actually decent.

looza 4 years, 3 months ago

I am more impressed with North Carolina's 3 game losing streak. What up Roy?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

I would say about 800mg on the Lithium Carbonate scale.

spacehog 4 years, 3 months ago

My favorite sax solo? It's a tie. Clarence Clemons' 3.5 min. solo in "Jungleland" on Born to Run, and his solo in "Drive All Night" on The River. Springsteen was my idol until Born in the USA.

Donnuts 4 years, 3 months ago

No, actually I hate K-State. I have been to Manhattan several times and never ran into anything I liked there including the people.