Previous   Next

Which way are the hands going to move on the Doomsday Clock?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 14, 2010

Browse the archives

“I believe they will move forward, closer to midnight.”

“It’s going to move towards midnight because we’re really bad to our world.”

“Away from midnight … with all the extensive spraying they’ve been doing in the sky, I’m pretty sure that’s kind of curbing global warming.”

“My gut says closer to midnight - call it a ‘maternal instinct.’”

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

"...extensive spraying in the sky..."? Shiny side out, dude.

Boeing 5 years ago

Did they ask anyone who doesn't look like a modern-day hippy? Well, the first guy kind of passes.

snap_pop_no_crackle (Anonymous) says…

“…extensive spraying in the sky…”? Shiny side out, dude.

Ahahaha

gphawk89 5 years ago

I have to go with Iron Maiden on this one: "Two Minutes to Midnight"

Seriously, though if we move this historic symbol (originally intended to indicate the likelihood of nuclear war) closer to midnight due to the supposed threat of "climate change", then it's significance ranks somewhere way down there with the Nobel prize.

K_Verses_The_World 5 years ago

Are you ready for the judgment? Are you ready for that terrible swift sword? Are you ready for Armageddon? Are you ready for the day of the Lord?

Bob Dylan Are You Ready

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

My Doomsday Clock has its hands in its trousers.

Kirk Larson 5 years ago

Hands on the clock? I've met kids who can't say what clockwise or counter-clockwise are 'cause all they know is digital.

Chris Ogle 5 years ago

Tuesday..... my clock just shows the day of the week.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years ago

Bob, no it wasn't me, I just got on and I have no idea what he wrote. Your comment was really out of line. I believe that life on this planet will end when the sun goes nova, whenever that end. Lurking? Come on now!

A20271 5 years ago

I went to HS with Patrick. lol He's probably talking about airplane emissions?

tolawdjk 5 years ago

Thank His Noodlily Apendage that Patrick is a musician. I think I would have been more terrified if he had stated his profession as "brain surgeon" or "rocket scientist."

BorderRat 5 years ago

Hands? It went digital years ago and has been blinking 12:00 because nobody knows how to reset it after the power went out.

Mel Briscoe 5 years ago

spacehog, i know, right? i gave teddy a shout out in my music thread.

i'm tired of hearing about the doomsday this and that. hogwash-- all of it.

jonas_opines 5 years ago

I predict that it will move past 12:00, and that they will then realize that the clock was running on military time and so we have quite a ways to go.

somedude20 5 years ago

Do go off the one around flavor flav's neck?

Yeah boy!

Christine Pennewell Davis 5 years ago

I say back one minute.. ok I cheated they just announced the clock reset.

Larry Bauerle 5 years ago

It will have to either go forward or be close to "doomsday," otherwise the doomsdayers would have no reason to exist.

Kat Christian 5 years ago

Who cares? I don't! Life is to be lived, not regretted by worrying about when it will end. It will end when it is your time to end. If doomsday comes, it comes. Nothing we can do to stop it is there? I think humans have created enough havoc in this world - perhaps doomsday is our just cause... In the meantime I LIVE - because I'm ALIVE!!

John Hamm 5 years ago

I see it was moved back a minute. Surprised me.