Previous   Next

Which way are the hands going to move on the Doomsday Clock?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on January 14, 2010

Browse the archives

“I believe they will move forward, closer to midnight.”

“It’s going to move towards midnight because we’re really bad to our world.”

“Away from midnight … with all the extensive spraying they’ve been doing in the sky, I’m pretty sure that’s kind of curbing global warming.”

“My gut says closer to midnight - call it a ‘maternal instinct.’”

Comments

Flap Doodle 5 years, 6 months ago

"...extensive spraying in the sky..."? Shiny side out, dude.

Boeing 5 years, 6 months ago

Did they ask anyone who doesn't look like a modern-day hippy? Well, the first guy kind of passes.

snap_pop_no_crackle (Anonymous) says…

“…extensive spraying in the sky…”? Shiny side out, dude.

Ahahaha

gphawk89 5 years, 6 months ago

I have to go with Iron Maiden on this one: "Two Minutes to Midnight"

Seriously, though if we move this historic symbol (originally intended to indicate the likelihood of nuclear war) closer to midnight due to the supposed threat of "climate change", then it's significance ranks somewhere way down there with the Nobel prize.

K_Verses_The_World 5 years, 6 months ago

Are you ready for the judgment? Are you ready for that terrible swift sword? Are you ready for Armageddon? Are you ready for the day of the Lord?

Bob Dylan Are You Ready

Flap Doodle 5 years, 6 months ago

My Doomsday Clock has its hands in its trousers.

Kirk Larson 5 years, 6 months ago

Hands on the clock? I've met kids who can't say what clockwise or counter-clockwise are 'cause all they know is digital.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 6 months ago

Tuesday..... my clock just shows the day of the week.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 6 months ago

Bob, no it wasn't me, I just got on and I have no idea what he wrote. Your comment was really out of line. I believe that life on this planet will end when the sun goes nova, whenever that end. Lurking? Come on now!

tolawdjk 5 years, 6 months ago

Thank His Noodlily Apendage that Patrick is a musician. I think I would have been more terrified if he had stated his profession as "brain surgeon" or "rocket scientist."

BorderRat 5 years, 6 months ago

Hands? It went digital years ago and has been blinking 12:00 because nobody knows how to reset it after the power went out.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 6 months ago

spacehog, i know, right? i gave teddy a shout out in my music thread.

i'm tired of hearing about the doomsday this and that. hogwash-- all of it.

jonas_opines 5 years, 6 months ago

I predict that it will move past 12:00, and that they will then realize that the clock was running on military time and so we have quite a ways to go.

somedude20 5 years, 6 months ago

Do go off the one around flavor flav's neck?

Yeah boy!

Christine Pennewell Davis 5 years, 6 months ago

I say back one minute.. ok I cheated they just announced the clock reset.

Larry Bauerle Jr. 5 years, 6 months ago

It will have to either go forward or be close to "doomsday," otherwise the doomsdayers would have no reason to exist.

Kat Christian 5 years, 6 months ago

Who cares? I don't! Life is to be lived, not regretted by worrying about when it will end. It will end when it is your time to end. If doomsday comes, it comes. Nothing we can do to stop it is there? I think humans have created enough havoc in this world - perhaps doomsday is our just cause... In the meantime I LIVE - because I'm ALIVE!!

John Hamm 5 years, 6 months ago

I see it was moved back a minute. Surprised me.