Previous   Next

Do you still send or receive greeting cards?

Asked at Lawrence Post Office, 645 Vt. on January 13, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes I do, mostly birthdays, Christmas. The physical card has meaning for me.”

“I sure do, about a month before Christmas.”

“I still receive a few; haven’t given any for quite some time. It just seems kind of outdated.”

“No, I don’t give them and I very seldom receive them. They cost too much and it’s easier to e-mail.”

Comments

BERNWARD 4 years, 3 months ago

yes - SIX boxes of them this past Christmas!

Marion Lynn 4 years, 3 months ago

E-Cards mostly except for my freinds who still live in 1969 and I snail-mail those.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

prospector, Too warm for quail to hold for the cat. Cat would probably point ok, but she's gun shy...

thin little pancake eaters = devil.

prospector 4 years, 3 months ago

"PAT ROBERTSON: And, you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French." True story. And so, the devil said, "OK, it's a deal."

And they kicked the French out. You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other. Desperately poor. That island of Hispaniola is one island. It's cut down the middle. On the one side is Haiti; on the other side is the Dominican Republic. Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, et cetera. Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. They need to have and we need to pray for them a great turning to God. And out of this tragedy, I'm optimistic something good may come. But right now, we're helping the suffering people, and the suffering is unimaginable. "

If those thin pancake eatin' folks had shown some backbone back when, the earthquake in Haiti would have been prevented. According to Pat Robertson.

prospector 4 years, 3 months ago

Are the cats getting lazy or are you teaching them to point?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

This is why I love Januaries in Kansas.

Chasing quail singles in a t-shirt.

There should be a card for that...

paisley 4 years, 3 months ago

I am a die hard Christmas Cards sender. For many years, they have been homemade with handwritten messages. I also STRONGLY believe in sending Thank You cards or notes. E-mail is too lame to really convey sincere gratitude.
Cards in general are cool and anyone that uses the excuse that postage is too high is, well, is just cheap. There were are groups of people that band together to send cards to our military and I think very highly of them for doing so.

CWGOKU 4 years, 3 months ago

Yes. Well the wife sends out birthday and Christmas cards. I'm too anti-social. We don't receive as many cards as we used to. Again, most likely due to me.
We still like to send and receive Christmas cards but they are most likely a waning item. Time to sell the Hallmark stock.

coolmom 4 years, 3 months ago

at christmas and some birthdays yes.

somedude20 4 years, 3 months ago

I will send one to the parents for b-days/x-mas/anniversary cause it makes them feel good. I'll send b-day or so to any "lady friend" that I may have so that I do not get into trouble but as a rule I do not buy them. Most of the cheesiest emotional drivel does that I have heard does not come from the Lifetime network, rather it the messages on those $4-6 cards

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 3 months ago

I send out handmade cards I make with my electronic die cutter.

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

Cards are an insufferable waste. Nothing says Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas like a bottle of scotch.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 3 months ago

for birthdays, yes. and occasionally thank you cards.

trinity 4 years, 3 months ago

yes i sure do; i've got some older dear friends that receiving a card in the mail just makes their week. also love to choose&send cards to family, friends of all ages. it's just fun!

grammaddy 4 years, 3 months ago

All the time! E-mail just seems so impersonal but I use it as a follow-up, especially if I'm putting cash or gift cards in the mail.

hallmarker 4 years, 3 months ago

Yes and I'd really appreciate it if everyone would buy more cards.

Bill Lee 4 years, 3 months ago

I love sending Christmas cards, but I seldom send out as many as I plan to. I received about 15 Christmas cards this year. Birthday cards are hit and miss. A lot of the time I do a card and and an email.