Previous   Next

Do you still send or receive greeting cards?

Asked at Lawrence Post Office, 645 Vt. on January 13, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes I do, mostly birthdays, Christmas. The physical card has meaning for me.”

“I sure do, about a month before Christmas.”

“I still receive a few; haven’t given any for quite some time. It just seems kind of outdated.”

“No, I don’t give them and I very seldom receive them. They cost too much and it’s easier to e-mail.”

Comments

Bill Lee 5 years, 3 months ago

I love sending Christmas cards, but I seldom send out as many as I plan to. I received about 15 Christmas cards this year. Birthday cards are hit and miss. A lot of the time I do a card and and an email.

hallmarker 5 years, 3 months ago

Yes and I'd really appreciate it if everyone would buy more cards.

grammaddy 5 years, 3 months ago

All the time! E-mail just seems so impersonal but I use it as a follow-up, especially if I'm putting cash or gift cards in the mail.

trinity 5 years, 3 months ago

yes i sure do; i've got some older dear friends that receiving a card in the mail just makes their week. also love to choose&send cards to family, friends of all ages. it's just fun!

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 3 months ago

for birthdays, yes. and occasionally thank you cards.

somedude20 5 years, 3 months ago

I will send one to the parents for b-days/x-mas/anniversary cause it makes them feel good. I'll send b-day or so to any "lady friend" that I may have so that I do not get into trouble but as a rule I do not buy them. Most of the cheesiest emotional drivel does that I have heard does not come from the Lifetime network, rather it the messages on those $4-6 cards

coolmom 5 years, 3 months ago

at christmas and some birthdays yes.

paisley 5 years, 3 months ago

I am a die hard Christmas Cards sender. For many years, they have been homemade with handwritten messages. I also STRONGLY believe in sending Thank You cards or notes. E-mail is too lame to really convey sincere gratitude.
Cards in general are cool and anyone that uses the excuse that postage is too high is, well, is just cheap. There were are groups of people that band together to send cards to our military and I think very highly of them for doing so.