Previous   Next

How do you cure ‘cabin fever’?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Massachusetts St. on January 9, 2010

Browse the archives

“Get me a hot chocolate with a little ‘taste’ in it.”

“I play games like checkers and tic-tac-toe.”

“Get outside, no matter what the temperature.”

“Get out and go shopping or run errands.”

Comments

Catzilla 4 years, 7 months ago

Like Theotis and Bill said, leave the cabin.

Christine Anderson 4 years, 7 months ago

Sleep. Sleep all day. Huddle underneath covers and watch dvd's of "I Love Lucy". Take Lunesta and sleep off break-up. Celebrate adult daughter moving home soon, as it means she is leaving bad relationship.Cry over man. Watch scary movies-laugh at them. Cry over man some more.

Rae Hudspeth 4 years, 7 months ago

What cabin fever?

As an introvert with a job dealing with folks on the phone all day, I'M LOVING THIS!

Movies, books, hot drinks, making jewelry, eating, all the treasures of winter hibernation.

PS.. We find shoveling the sidewalk and drive is a really fine antidote to being inside, makes us appreciate it that much more.

My sympathies to the hard workers who don't have the luxury of "cabin fever" and my thanks for being out there in service to our community.

Mary Darst 4 years, 7 months ago

Well, the sun is shining in the south, so I opened all my shades to the top. The sun is so warm and the house is bright, just that makes me feel not so shut in. Will be looking forward to next week. High in the 30's and low 40's. Will seem like a heat wave.

AnnaUndercover 4 years, 7 months ago

How to bust up cabin fever?! I go to the finer establishments of Lawrence, KS of course!

Aside from the various ballerinas in the area, I still really want to see that (upcoming?) flick "A Spacehog Christmas" that was proposed a few polls ago.

And Spacehog, if you do want to film it, I would definitely help you put together the Youtube version (from behind the camera, where my talents definitely lie).

Tony Kisner 4 years, 7 months ago

Taken my Swiss Miss over to Mr. Hunter's house tomorrow.

SLOPOKE 4 years, 7 months ago

There is much healing in going out side where the sunshine off the new snow almost blinding me. This really helps my depression,the more light, the better I feel. I love it!!!!!! GOOD STUFF...

bosephus 4 years, 7 months ago

jerry is the smartest man in kansas. bravo, my friend. bravo.