Previous   Next

Are you tired of the Tiger Woods saga?

Asked at Wayne and Larry's Sports Bar, 933 Iowa on February 20, 2010

Browse the archives

“Very tired of it because it’s just drawn out and the guy just wants to play golf.”

“No, but I want him to get back on the golf course. I want to watch him play.”

“I am, just because I think there are bigger and more pressing issues going on in the world.”

“Yes, I’m tired of hearing about it from the media and I don’t think it’s any of our business.”

Comments

grammaddy 4 years, 1 month ago

I have a question for the fellas out there.When you have a supermodel for a wife, why would you mess around with an IHOP waitress or a hotel maid? The whole thing just seems dumb to me and I don't get this "sex addiction" schtick. If alcoholics can never drink again and drug addicts can never use drugs again, does that mean a sex addict can never have sex again? How does that work? FREE THE BLOG!!

Bob Kraxner 4 years, 1 month ago

Hopefully this will be the end of his career, his dumba$$ wife needs to take every penny he's stolen from the public thru his tv commercials, and his other commercial thievery. What in the world did she think would happen when she married outside her race? He goes whoring around, when she refused to perform oral sex on him, or do anything other than the missionary position in their bedroom, once she had some leverage on him (kids). And what happens? He goes public to apologize to everyone except her!!! What a joke!! Is this world truly fvcked up or what? The game of golf will get along just fine without him. The whole reason for bringing this guy on the scene was a big marketing scheme, to get black people interested in golf, so that the TV networks could make even more money, and the PGA could compete with the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Now they can quit giving him the doctored golf balls, that make him appear to be better than the other golfers. His behavior should be no surprise to anyone, it was just a matter of time before it happened. If he were married to a black woman, do you really think that it would be plastered all over the media on a daily basis? Hell no it wouldn't... why? because, as Richard Pryor once said, this kind of behavior by black people is a part of "the black cultural imperative", it is expected to happen, in due time. The media, which is controlled by our government, has the job of portraying black and white marriages as "normal and acceptable", ever since Obama got elected. In case nobody has noticed, there have been a whole lot more TV shows and TV commercials containing black people, so that Mr Obama and family don't feel so alienated, or out of place. So, yes I am sick of this bull$hit soap opera being run into the ground, all these idiots in the media talking as if the game of golf can't survive without him, well it sure as hell did for many decades before him, so why wouldn't it continue on without him?? he is after all, only human, and no where near the greatest that ever played the game.

thebcman 4 years, 1 month ago

If Tiger were here, he'd say, "♣ Free the Blog ♣"

jumpin_catfish 4 years, 1 month ago

Funny the media asking if we are sick of the media coverage of a celeb. You know LJW making people curious about stuff gets them to look at your paper or web site and then see your advertiser's ads. You know the old nose and spiting your face thing.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

riverdrifter, I meant BEFORE 1970. Nice avatar, makes me wanna pluck my banjo and get friendly with my brother.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

Marion "Jones" for President:)

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

I don't know about most women, but snaggletooth is in it for the $$$$$!! She gets like $75,000,000 if she stays with him for 7 years. Power of the pen.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

You got it, riverdrifter, I think. Born after 1970, I'm guessing.

Bill Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

Phoggyjay, soccer doesn't ever require a court, just a ball and an open space.

Tiger has prolonged this saga by not saying anything until yesterday. If he'd come forward with his apologies sooner, the story would be dead for now. It will return when he returns to golf, but that won't be right away.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 1 month ago

Jenny Sanford didn't

Jenny Sanford for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blackfox 4 years, 1 month ago

The thing I dont get, is why do alot, not all, of the wives that are married to these cheaters stay with them? Have these women lost all self respect for themselves?

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

"I'm in charge here, at my funeral."

phoggyjay 4 years, 1 month ago

golf is such an expensive and elitist sport. now basketball, that's where it's at. all you need is a ball and a court. anyone could play without paying.

beatrice 4 years, 1 month ago

spacehog: "I'm in charge here!"

Who said it? I'm pretty sure I remember my mom saying that at some point growing up. How did you know?

bf: "Tiger is just another Bill Clinton! WORTHLESS!"

Actually, I think he is worth like half a billion.

Also, why stop at Bill Clinton? What about John McCain, Ronald Reagan, John Kennedy, Rudy Guiiani, Martin Luther King, Jr., John Edwards, Bill Cosby, Jimmy Swaggart, Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich ... well, I think you get the point. The list of men who have cheated could very easily exceed the length limitations on posts.

Oh, and no, I'm not tired of the "saga," because I haven't been paying attention to it. It effects me not at all.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 1 month ago

It was regarding a nun named Sister Jodie.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

" I'm in charge here!!"

Okay, historians. Who said that, and when?

dajudge 4 years, 1 month ago

I can't wait for the soon-to-be released made for tv movie "the Life and Times of Tiger Woods". He's no Jack Kennedy.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 1 month ago

space, When did you realize Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" was a marriage handbook.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

I are ejicated. I done gadjiated form KU in 1987. "Sometimes You Tell the Day by the Bottle that You Drink." -The only cool line in a Bon Jovi song

BABBOY 4 years, 1 month ago

Media frenzy is getting old.

But, it is clear that people tange are still obsessed with what Tiger has and tange has not..............

autie 4 years, 1 month ago

Who is Tiger Woods? Why does he have a saga?

tange 4 years, 1 month ago

Poor little Tiger. Worked so long and hard to be a member of the "clubhouse."

... and then proved himself worthy of it.

Boosh 4 years, 1 month ago

wat do edumacation consultants do?

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 1 month ago

denak (anonymous) says...

Yes, at about mistress number 14 is got a little pathetic.

Yup, anything above a baker's dozen is just whording.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

How can anyone Not like Bill Clinton, politics, aside?

rbwaa 4 years, 1 month ago

absolutely! who gives a damn about it?

♣ Free the Blog ♣

blackfox 4 years, 1 month ago

Tiger is just another Bill Clinton! WORTHLESS!

nobody1793 4 years, 1 month ago

Roy Williams doesn't give a %&# about Tiger Woods.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

Here's my take on Tiger. He was driven, hard, almost to the brink by his pathetic father who wanted to live vicariously through him. The only reason he married that Hutchinson's Teethed freak, or anyone for that matter, was to complete the perfect picture for daddy. Well, my man, daddy's gone. Get divorced and cut your losses. Then you can do all the floppin' and poppin' you want and at at worst, be known in certain snob circles as a man-whore. There are only two never-ending battles on this earth: the Israel-Palestine nonsense and Marriage.

denak 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes, at about mistress number 14 is got a little pathetic.

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

Oh, and regarding all those scrubbers Tiger had the misfortune to get involved with: No more interviews. Just shove a big red gag ball in each of their mouths, hog tie 'em, and dangle juicy steaks in front of their fat faces. Well, maybe ask them one question: You knew he was married, right?..........

spacehog 4 years, 1 month ago

There is no saga. The guy is human. Get a life. I just want him to start golfing again. Sex addiction? I have a breathing addiction. Where do I go for that? The dude owes no one an apology, except for his family, and even then it's up to him. That press conference yesterday was embarrasing and uncalled for. Must have been part if his Nike contract. Rock On, Tiger!

yankeevet 4 years, 1 month ago

Golfers do that alot; they drive from hole too hole............with their putters..........