Previous   Next

How do you think Danica Patrick will do in her NASCAR debut?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Massachusetts St. on February 13, 2010

Browse the archives

“I don’t really follow NASCAR, but I think she will finish in the top 5.”

“I hope she does well; she did good in her practice runs. … It would be cool to see a chick win a NASCAR race.”

“She won’t be in the top 5. I’m going to put her 18th or 19th.”

“She’s going to do great, power to her!”

Comments

looza 4 years, 9 months ago

my guess is she will ...crash and burn!

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 9 months ago

I wonder if she will stop and ask for directions?

(ducking now)

diplomacy205 4 years, 9 months ago

I think she will finish in the middle of the pack which is better than most rookies do.

blackfox 4 years, 9 months ago

She will crash or be in a crash. Just another over rated open wheel driver turned NASCAR. Oh, all the nascrap drivers are OVERRATED!

BorderRuffian 4 years, 9 months ago

Won't it be difficult for her to drive, apply make-up, and talk on the cell phone at the same time?

randysavage 4 years, 9 months ago

edjayhawk (Anonymous) says… As comedian George Karlin once said: Racing isn't a sport. Same five rednecks win it every time.

I'm not familiar with this 'Karlin' character, but he is wrong; racing is a sport, but it's not a part of what we call 'athletics'. Much like golf...any thing you can do while smoking cigarette or cigar (and not suffer for it) can't be a sport....

While she does have some of the best equipment in the Nationwide series, some of the Cup guys (Stewart, Jr., Kahne and Kyle Busch, etc.) are racing today too. My bet is she gets collected in a wreck, or causes one. But if she can keep the fenders on her car, she could see the top 15....

beatrice 4 years, 9 months ago

TOB: "She will turn left early and often."

Very funny.

I'm with spacehog -- not a sport.

Randall Barnes 4 years, 9 months ago

MOST OF YOU ARE BLOGING TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO AND DON'T EVEN FOLLOW NASCAR SO GET A LIFE. SHE SHOULD OK MABY BETTER THAN MONT GIVE HER CREDIT FOR BUT PRACTICE DIDN'T GO AS GOOD AS EXPECTED.

Steve Jacob 4 years, 9 months ago

Not much of a racing fan. But it has been noted this car has won before many times last year, so she will be forced to do well quickly.

Boston_Corbett 4 years, 9 months ago

yea I forgot about her equipment. Good shield, great fenders.

TheStig 4 years, 9 months ago

Garmin nüvi® 1200 GPS: "At the next corner turn right." Garmin nüvi® 1200 GPS: "At the next corner turn right." Garmin nüvi® 1200 GPS: "At the next corner turn right." Garmin nüvi® 1200 GPS: "At the next corner turn right." Garmin nüvi® 1200 GPS: "At the next corner turn right." Garmin nüvi® 1200 GPS: "At the next corner turn right." Garmin nüvi® 1200 GPS: "At the next corner turn right."

riverdrifter 4 years, 9 months ago

""There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

I think she gets knocked out of the race. Just not enough experience to be a factor -yet.

ms_canada 4 years, 9 months ago

Definitely not a sport. Driving well at great speed should be classed as a skill the same as shooting a gun. Where the h is the sport in those two actions. And on second thought, bullfighting is not a sport either. I have seen plenty of those and there was nothing sporty about those bloody actions anymore than the gladiator bouts in ancient Roma were. Hey, how about my mother and I beheading a bunch of chickens when I lived on the farm. Maybe that could be classed as a sport also.

riverdrifter 4 years, 9 months ago

Chrissy Wallace is also in the Nationwide race today. Danika starts from the 15th position. Qualifying was rained out yesterday so the grid was set on owners points and her team bought her points position from a team that's no longer racing. 15th -she could screw things up right from the get-go. We'll see.

ms_canada 4 years, 9 months ago

Hey Babboy, be a sport, I was being facetious. :o)

puddleglum 4 years, 9 months ago

its like days of thunder all over again.

or was that talledega nights?

Tony Kisner 4 years, 9 months ago

Seems she has a weight advantage over the other drives. I know she must be 100lbs. less than Tony Stewart.

gsxr600 4 years, 9 months ago

She crashed!!!! How unanticipated LOL

Boeing 4 years, 9 months ago

I know there is this whole "girl power" thing...but shouldn't women back a woman who can actually win rather than fail expectations time after time? Doesn't do much for girl power...

nobody1793 4 years, 9 months ago

Danica wasn't the only woman driving in that race, by the way.

ozzynbn 4 years, 9 months ago

Some of you are joyous that she wrecked? You heartless b@st@rds.

riverdrifter 4 years, 9 months ago

sierraclub (Anonymous) says…

She drove straight into the wreck. She did not even try to go down low. The bottom was clear. She said that she could not see. Priceless.

Your TV opinion is worthless. Also looks like she could've gone left onto pit road without a penalty. Unfortunately, everybody was doing ~175. The wreck sequence was over in about 2 seconds. Stuff happens. Danica did OK. At least she didn't make a jackass of herself like Carl Edwards did.

Liberty275 4 years, 9 months ago

I saw Danica running her indy car at the kansas speedway. It was kinda cool getting some shots of her getting into the car before she hit the track.

OTOH, I don't really care about the drivers. I am a fan of the cars. NASCAR is OK for a few laps and any time something wrecks, but it pales in comparison to the way a top-fuel car will litterally rattle your brain inside your head from 100 yards. If you have never experienced it, it will redefine what you consider to be violence.

Boosh 4 years, 9 months ago

@ The Stig

YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!

Boosh 4 years, 9 months ago

As to Patrick, she may do okay in Indy and Nascar but I don't think she could handle it at the pinnacle of MotorSports. WRC and Formula One http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqQqI...

Boosh 4 years, 9 months ago

Obviously I prefer my racers to know how to turn right as well as left or just go straight :)