Previous   Next

What is your favorite Winter Olympic sport?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on February 12, 2010

Browse the archives

“Any kind of snowboarding or ski stunts. ”

“Curling. It’s interesting.”

“Hockey. It’s the only one I could follow outside the Olympics. ”

“Ice skating. It’s beautiful and peaceful.”

denak 5 years, 9 months ago

I agree with Becky. The Ice Skating events are the only events I watch.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 9 months ago

This year my favorite sport is watching Democrats decide not to run for re-election. Patrick Kennedy is the latest rat to jump off the sinking ship.

jonas_opines 5 years, 9 months ago

Ice cold beer can curls. Not to be confused with the summer program, luke-warm beer can curls.

Dateable_Shelter_Dude 5 years, 9 months ago

Check out those photos. Sunny day on Mass, no leaves, yet warm enough for people to be out, smiling, answering questions. The kind of OTS interviewing day that reappears months later with some time irrelevant question and some user mentions, "Why are they wearing coats and what happened to the leaves?. Why? OTS reporter has gone to Cabo.

Liberty275 5 years, 9 months ago

Women's figures skating. Duh. It isn't as good as women's gymnastics, but it will have to do.

d_prowess 5 years, 9 months ago

If anyone wants to try out Curling, go here: It is cheap to learn and play and actually a lot of fun!!

1029 5 years, 9 months ago

I like the javelin. It reminds me of my childhood and how my dad would sometimes take me with him to go find dinner.

beatrice 5 years, 9 months ago

Klondike Bar consumption, although it is more of a participation-type of thing to really enjoy it. I also like the one where teams go cross-country skiing, then take turns shooting at each other.

(... or, I think that is what happens. I've never actually watched it.)

RI, just remember, the doctor isn't supposed to have both hands on your shoulders when giving you an "exam."

Snap, you have officially become Tom Shewmon. Sad.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 9 months ago

Good luck with facebook Spacehog, it's even more addicting then posting comments on ljworld.

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

I would have to say hockey is my favourite sport to watch since my grandson plays for Rockford Ill. Icehogs. But of course they are not in the Olympics so I won't be watching any of the goings on in Vancouver. I do have the TV on right now with the final running of the flame. How stupid can anything be. There was a protest at one spot by a couple hundred people with signs saying HOMES NOT GAMES. They had to change the route of the flame. I hear that Arnold Schwarzenager? will be carrying it for a wee bit.

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

I must say this, although I feel all the hulabaloo about watching and cheering that stupid looking flame is over rated. I am watching some of it as Vancouver is my old home town and it is nice to see some of the streets that I roamed through years ago. Takes me back to my teen years.

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

Oh my gosh, I just looked at the spectacle and low and behold the flame carrier just got onto the prow of a large canoe and is carrying it across Burrard Inlet from one side of Vancouver to the other.

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

Oh golly, I gotta say that was a sight to see. He stood on the prow all the way across the inlet with the downtown buildings in the background. Vancouver really is a very good looking city with the mountains in the background and all the gorgeous ships along the waters edge.. Sheesh, makes me homesidk.

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

Hi yourself RI and Autie - that aboot business gets me. I have never heard anyone say aboot. But then I guess I have not heard all canadians speak. So sad to relate that a young man - a luger_ from the Republic of Georgia, Nardor Kumaritashvilli was killed today on the luge run. His dream of being an Olympian smashed. How tragic.

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

Say, spacehog and a Zamboni - what a sight that must have been. Hey, spacehog, do you thing Zambonidriving should become an Olympic sport?

Deja Coffin 5 years, 9 months ago

Opps, I meant Autie!! Sorry..... hope you still appreciate the link!

Deja Coffin 5 years, 9 months ago

Nope, just proving once again my typing makes me out to be a bigger spazz then I thought I was..... I once found a note I wrote to a boy telling him I had a huge crust on him. Thank goodness I never gave it to him. That would have been a tough 5th grade year :-)

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

It is 10pm MST and I just finished watching the opening ceremony, WOW WOW WOW wish I could sing WOW like Kate Bush (songstress from Britain)

beatrice 5 years, 9 months ago

Hi Ms_C.

Nice going with that out of the blue Kate Bush reference! You win the Gold for that one!