Previous   Next

What was the best thing that happened to you in 2010?

Asked at downtown on December 31, 2010

Browse the archives

Meeting my girlfriend.””

My promotion.””

Celebrating our one-year anniversary with my boyfriend.””

I got a tour of the West Wing.””

Comments

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 3 months ago

My granddaughter (5th grandchild) was born in October.

acg 3 years, 3 months ago

Got a great new job. It's challening, stressful, fun and interesting and I love every minute of it.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

Had some good biscuits and gravy.

autie 3 years, 3 months ago

right on CWGOKU!.....We is we and us is us all the time.

Does Tom S. and Todd Palin seem kind of the same to anybody? Or is it just me? No offense Tom, but I watched the show and it reminded me of you.

ndmoderate 3 years, 3 months ago

I'm lucky to report that I have TWO great things:

1. I quit smoking after 19 years (pack a day)
  2. I got a job after grad school

CWGOKU 3 years, 3 months ago

T_O_B, Andini, Autie, SpaceHog(et al)... Thank you all, and Happy New Year!

My family stayed healthy.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 3 months ago

"Almost no serious answers here."

You've come to the wrong spot for seriousness.

Whitney graciously undisaperedededed me this year. So, that was cool.

Sarah St. John 3 years, 3 months ago

I have had the fun part-time job of writing the "Old Home Town" since mid-May and it's a blast for a local-history fan like me! Tip o' the hat to Bill Mayer for training me before his retirement, and to all the kindly folks at the J-W.

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 3 months ago

It was a hum-drum year-----there's no way to search out "best" thing that happened to me. Well, there is one kinda sorta. My doctor does blood work on me 3-4 times a year. The last time, a few months ago, they gave me my results and I called BS----the numbers were horrible. I demanded a re-test. My doc called me the following Sunday morning (when the number popped up on the TV screen, I nearly messed myself with fear) and sure enough, they'd somehow mixed my results up (or something)----he had no explanation except to blame the lab of course. I'd been worried for days and days about it. They had my A1C at 8.7 which is totally out of control; it was 6.7 on the re-test which for a diabetic is considered "under control". They had my liver enzymes off the charts too, and they came back much lower, among several other key numbers. The relief was huge.

KansasPerson 3 years, 3 months ago

I saw at least four sincere answers -- maybe five or six -- not including yours.

Congratulations Mr. Lee! I've been a long-time fan. :-)

davidsmom 3 years, 3 months ago

Almost no serious answers here. Really, folks, you can't think of one good thing that happened to you in 2010? I gained a wonderful daughter-in-law. I ran my first half marathon. I can think of more but those would probably be the top two.

looza 3 years, 3 months ago

I won a boat load of cash pitching pennies.

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 3 months ago

Ummm, uhhh, let's see, I, umm, wow.....let me get back to you on that.

autie 3 years, 3 months ago

an not none of my cousins gots rressted again that we know of. at least in this state.

thuja 3 years, 3 months ago

Discovering a huge hole I could fall into, called Fly Fishing.

grammaddy 3 years, 3 months ago

New year's Day 2010- a new grandson!Poor baby, will he ever have a birthday party without hungover relatives? Grandma loves you Bruiser!!

Bill Lee 3 years, 3 months ago

I was inducted into the Kansas Music Hall of Fame. It came as a total surprise.