Previous   Next

On a scale of one through 10, where would you rank your gift-wrapping skills? What’s the hardest part?

Asked at Signs of Life, 722 Mass. on December 23, 2010

Browse the archives

“A nine, I have no problems doing it.”

“A one. I usually cheat and put everything in bags. ”

“A six. I struggle getting the folds right. ”

“A five. I have trouble getting the corners folded.”

Comments

RaynRavyn 3 years, 12 months ago

Unfortunately (for me) a 10... I always get stuck wrapping everyones gifts. :D

RoeDapple 3 years, 12 months ago

And there ya go . . . We always save gift bags for re-use. According to size needed, I might get a "Happy Birthday Mrs Roe" bag with my Christmas gift in it. With bright orange Halloween tissue paper around the gift. Much more practical than a bunch of brightly covered paper that will be ripped to shreds and tossed into the trash.

pace 3 years, 12 months ago

Minus 5, It looks like I just smash the paper down, usually have to add little scraps of paper to cover missed spots and often swallow little pieces of tape in the process. The bags usually tear, they are too small and I compensate by putting them inside grocery sacks. I have used felt markers in lieu of cards.

Bill Lee 3 years, 12 months ago

8.5 with the biggest problem being that I sometimes cut the paper a little too small. When I do, I save it for another time. I'm learning to measure before cutting. What do woodworkers say, "measure twice, cut once?"

Gene Wallace 3 years, 12 months ago

Had an Ebay business for three years. I'm a 10 with benefits. Except you would never want to try to open a box I had packed. I hear it takes hours. CCG! (Cheshire Cat Grin)

beatrice 3 years, 12 months ago

I go to 11. I've been know to wrap gifts to look like other things -- a bug, a house, a tank, etc... depending on the recipient.

kernal 3 years, 12 months ago

Not even going there, except to say thank gawd for gift bags and Weavers wrapping department!

GreenEyedBlues 3 years, 12 months ago

~9.5. I got so busy this season I resorted to gift bags. I let down my friends, family, and the baby Jesus.

Rae Hudspeth 3 years, 12 months ago

10! It's pretty easy to stuff a bottle into a paper sack.

whats_going_on 3 years, 12 months ago

7.5-8

I'm getting better, and it depends on what I'm wrapping. Odd shapes are a challenge. I also hate it when you get that crappy thin paper that rips with one fold.

budwhysir 3 years, 12 months ago

Im a 10 at everything.... Its amazing how easy it is now adays with all the super sized gift bags on the market

riverdrifter 3 years, 12 months ago

Py rules. And she lives ~a mile away. Dang. All men love Py.

jonas_opines 3 years, 12 months ago

1. Functional. Not pretty, but gets the job done.

/that's what she said

riverdrifter 3 years, 12 months ago

Oh, yeah. 2; dysfunctional. My sister does it for me. I hate it.

I've got little use for Christmas anymore.