Previous   Next

Have you spent more or less on holiday shopping this year?

Asked at South Wind 12 Theaters, 3433 Iowa on December 19, 2010

Browse the archives

“The same amount. I keep track of my finances meticulously.”

“A little less. I’m keeping track of my money. ”

“I’m saving more money, so it’s been a little better. ”

“I’m a Jehovah’s Witness, so I haven’t had any holiday shopping.”

Comments

Gandalf 3 years, 4 months ago

Dang, guess I'm so bad I can even PO a jehova witness! I don't know whether to be embarassed or proud.

smitty 3 years, 4 months ago

Most of these posts need to be removed.

Mr Hopkins politely answered the question. No proselytizing in his statement either.

According to Witnesses, the scriptures do not call for the celebration of the birth but of the death of jesus.

Why does the JW allow for this disparagement of a member of a religion when it comes to Witnesses?

Gandalf 3 years, 4 months ago

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Autie, Basement Boy is a Jehova's Witness. Whatever he witnessed, he is severely traumatized. He keeps calling me from a pay phone at 2am. He just giggles and screams a lot, then he hangs up.

grammaddy 3 years, 4 months ago

More of course.Seems like there's a new grandbaby every year.

Lacy Mohler 3 years, 4 months ago

We voted not to purchase gifts this year. We are 23 to 57 in age and can afford to buy whatever we want. If we had little kids it would be different. My son did talk us into buying a Wii on sale --he gets an employee discount also--which we have had fun with and will break it out when the family gets together. And yes the wine and beer have been replenished for the festivities.

beatrice 3 years, 4 months ago

I wonder if Danny was at Southwind to see Burlesque?

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

No Christmas at Danny's house. Wow that must really suck. I always wondered, what did they all witness anyway? Is the Watchtower printed on re-cycled paper? Why has it been the end of times for so many years now? Hollis, can you help me out here?

sputum 3 years, 4 months ago

Definitely more. I have been hunting down poor unfortunate folks who are not yet allowed to become citizens and buying them all the lovely things they deserve so they will see that this country is great and they will be inspired to become the most productive members of society and then joy will snowball until everyone is living in a land of eutopia where everything is free. It's a wonderful life.

prospector 3 years, 4 months ago

The same, they have not raised the prices at the Free State Brewery this year.

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

yes, I has spent more or less.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

More or less, but considerably less of more than more of less.

psycho_theclown 3 years, 4 months ago

Being the devout person I am, I like to buy spiritual gifts for those on my list...

This one is my favorite. Just fill it with water and ask for a miracle.

labmonkey 3 years, 4 months ago

That is what I have a wife for.