Previous   Next

Have you ever donated something to charity?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 3, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, absolutely. We donate to the United Way, food banks, schools, the YMCA, public television and public radio.”

“I donate a couple dollars to the Salvation Army.”

“Yes. I donate at church.”

“Yes. I donate at the D.A.V.

Comments

beeshlii 3 years, 4 months ago

not yet, but i am donating it to " Zombie Club"

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

Maybe what we have here is some pre law students, practicing for the day that they too will be lawyers:

psycho_theclown 3 years, 4 months ago

I donated some ones to a girl that apparently didn't have enough money for clothes. I don't remember her name; it could have been Charity.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

I gave some roofies to a girl once. I only donated to a homeless guy once, and he was cool. I was in SF and this dude was sitting on the sidewalk with a sign that said "Why Lie? I Need Money for Beer". He earned it. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to go missing or go out and bully someone.

prospector 3 years, 4 months ago

Sure, you can't take it with you.

UCLA's charity was greatly appreciated.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

"A pragmatic man you are! When is nkalitj Day? Cuz I'm thinkin' we can reduce our liability by getting Hollis drunk & have him run them all down."

Ha! I can picture Hollis running around kicking balls.

booyalab 3 years, 4 months ago

Per the first response, does it count as a donation if your taxes already contribute to said organizations? Because, in that case, I donate to schools, public radio/tv, the public library, local law enforcement, the elderly, disabled, lower-income (though not lower than me, necessarily), the unemployed, law enforcement, defense, firefighters, government administration, and accrued interest on government debt.

BorderRat 3 years, 4 months ago

I gave a can of tuna to the food bank to piss off PETA.

somedude20 3 years, 4 months ago

I donate alcohol to young women. I donate my musicial skills to the people who live downstairs. I donate sperm to females in need. I donate my trash to the city (so they can employ people to pick it up). I donate my time (by going there) to help keep Harbor Lights, Freestate, Replay, Jazzhause's pockets full of money. Wow, after reading all that I do (and this is not even 1/2 of it), I feel like I should get the Elie Wiesel Humanitarian award

I also donate my posts so Whitney can have something to do! Hi Whit

g_rock 3 years, 4 months ago

I've decided that I'm not feeling charitable anymore. I'm putting myself up for adoption.

CWGOKU 3 years, 4 months ago

Hey we got a Lawyer up there who not only donated to charity, but did so at Church. Shocking for a heartless breed.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

"Risky business, T.O.B. You might get sued! If that happens, will you represent yourself in court? "

Oh, hell no. I'd hire a lawyer. Most of them are good at what they do. Even if it is Satan's work.

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

there was the one time last year...down by the Ben & Jerrys ice cream place on Mass...this dude was sitting there holding a piece of torn cardboard the said "Change?" I handed him a McDonald's job application. He tried to spit on me. Screw charity.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

I donated some of my underwear at a mission once. As I was leaving I saw a hazmat team arriving.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 4 months ago

The current regime should have donated what it cost to send "Let 'em go" Holder begging to the FIFA to charity.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Where do you contribute to National Kick a Lawyer in the Junk Day? The morons that handled 16 of my DUI's were completely worthless. I had a homeless guy help me with the last one. We did pretty well. Something needs to be done about this.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes. I contributed to the Sean Penn for President of Haiti campaign. It doesn't seem to be going so well. Haiti mon amour.

Romans832 3 years, 4 months ago

I learned the habit of picking up money others lose from my father. I started giving that money to others in 1995. I agree with redmoonrising--it's selfish, because I get as much out of it as the recipient.

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

What TOB said is most true. I used a couple of big words one time and he chased me for a quarter of a mile before I convinced him I really was NOT a lawyer.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

My in-laws are republicans, they donate all the time.

/Suckers...

nlf78 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes - used clothes and goods go to the Social Service League store. Money donations to the Salvation Army.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

"I assume that it because you are not man enough to do it yourself........" Apologistboy

That's just silly. I do it all the time. I'm the local chairperson of National Kick a Lawyer in the Junk day.

rockchalker52 3 years, 4 months ago

We had a family estate sale recently. (Good prices, you should've come!) Not all of our bargain basement goodies sold, so the Salvation Army hauled off about 30 boxes, 15 pieces of furniture & 7 bags of clothes. A child development center was the recipient of a few hundred Beanie Babies. There was this hideous sleeper sofa that we couldn't give away. Somebody told me they saw it at the Salvation Army store for $100.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

Of course not. I am a democrat. That is for the government to do.

michaelclayton 3 years, 4 months ago

Every year. Thousands of dollars in cash. Furniture, some really nice stuff too. Clothing. Food. Sever on Boards of Directors. Been in the trenches. Rang bells. Pretty much done it all.

redmoonrising 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes, often, goods, money and time. It's a selfish thing, makes me feel good.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

Time. Money. Clothing. Couple of old cars. Tools. Furniture. Stereo equipment. Blood. Sweat. Tears.

By the way, when you decide to get rid of the old 8-track, cassette player, turntables and related electronics, Audio Reader takes those items and auctions them off as a fund raiser. Call them if you have items to donate.

g_rock 3 years, 4 months ago

I have donated enough time, effort and emotion to charity case men. How about that? Can that count?

OK well I put my spare change in the red kettle last night at Dillons.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

I contribute 5% of my salary to the National Kick a Lawyer in the Junk Day festivities.

grammaddy 3 years, 4 months ago

Clothing to Planet Earth, household and non-clothing items to Goodwill, and I give each of the grandkids a quarter to put in the bell-ringer's bucket any time they are with me at the grocery store.

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

you mean like when KU tried to give UCLA a win?