Previous   Next

Have you ever donated something to charity?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 3, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, absolutely. We donate to the United Way, food banks, schools, the YMCA, public television and public radio.”

“I donate a couple dollars to the Salvation Army.”

“Yes. I donate at church.”

“Yes. I donate at the D.A.V.

Comments

cutny 4 years ago

You are a true champion KU Law. First commenter nearly every day this week. I'm so proud of you and can only imagine how proud you must be of yourself. Way to go!!!

grammaddy 4 years ago

Clothing to Planet Earth, household and non-clothing items to Goodwill, and I give each of the grandkids a quarter to put in the bell-ringer's bucket any time they are with me at the grocery store.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Time. Money. Clothing. Couple of old cars. Tools. Furniture. Stereo equipment. Blood. Sweat. Tears.

By the way, when you decide to get rid of the old 8-track, cassette player, turntables and related electronics, Audio Reader takes those items and auctions them off as a fund raiser. Call them if you have items to donate.

redmoonrising 4 years ago

Yes, often, goods, money and time. It's a selfish thing, makes me feel good.

rockchalker52 4 years ago

We had a family estate sale recently. (Good prices, you should've come!) Not all of our bargain basement goodies sold, so the Salvation Army hauled off about 30 boxes, 15 pieces of furniture & 7 bags of clothes. A child development center was the recipient of a few hundred Beanie Babies. There was this hideous sleeper sofa that we couldn't give away. Somebody told me they saw it at the Salvation Army store for $100.

rockchalker52 4 years ago

Risky business, T.O.B. You might get sued! If that happens, will you represent yourself in court?

kernal 4 years ago

I think you should go national with this. Come to think of it, I think I know a couple of lawyers who would join up.

nlf78 4 years ago

Yes - used clothes and goods go to the Social Service League store. Money donations to the Salvation Army.

Romans832 4 years ago

I learned the habit of picking up money others lose from my father. I started giving that money to others in 1995. I agree with redmoonrising--it's selfish, because I get as much out of it as the recipient.

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

The current regime should have donated what it cost to send "Let 'em go" Holder begging to the FIFA to charity.

rockchalker52 4 years ago

A pragmatic man you are! When is NKALITJ Day? Cuz I'm thinkin' we can reduce our liability by getting Hollis drunk & have him run them all down.

somedude20 4 years ago

I donate alcohol to young women. I donate my musicial skills to the people who live downstairs. I donate sperm to females in need. I donate my trash to the city (so they can employ people to pick it up). I donate my time (by going there) to help keep Harbor Lights, Freestate, Replay, Jazzhause's pockets full of money. Wow, after reading all that I do (and this is not even 1/2 of it), I feel like I should get the Elie Wiesel Humanitarian award

I also donate my posts so Whitney can have something to do! Hi Whit

BorderRat 4 years ago

I gave a can of tuna to the food bank to piss off PETA.

oklahoma 4 years ago

Now that's just comedy! Oh the irony of PETA trying to pay rent to the State to post a no-fishing sign to help with the budget, and then having the State announce the next day that it is buying land for hunting purposes. That just has to make for some unhappy vegans...and during firearms hunting season for deer, no less! Makes you want to down a shot of Beefeater.

booyalab 4 years ago

Per the first response, does it count as a donation if your taxes already contribute to said organizations? Because, in that case, I donate to schools, public radio/tv, the public library, local law enforcement, the elderly, disabled, lower-income (though not lower than me, necessarily), the unemployed, law enforcement, defense, firefighters, government administration, and accrued interest on government debt.

somedude20 4 years ago

Ding ding ding and we have a winner folks. Nice!

beeshlii 4 years ago

not yet, but i am donating it to " Zombie Club"