Previous   Next

Have you started listening to holiday music yet?

Asked at Borders, 700 New Hampshire St. on December 2, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, it’s too early.”

“No I haven’t, probably because I can’t believe it’s Christmas already.”

“I try not to. I try to a little closer to the holiday.”

“It’s on the station that I listen to and I turn it off.”

Comments

purplesage 3 years, 4 months ago

What's holiday music? Are you serious? LJW - it is Christmas music - and despited your sorry attempt at being pc, everyone seems to know exactly what it is!

Deja Coffin 3 years, 4 months ago

Once I'm done with all my Christmas shopping I'll be in the mood for it. Right now instead of holiday cheer.... I just have holiday fear. Only a couple more gifts to go though... thank goodness!!

BABBOY 3 years, 4 months ago

I am not sure I have ever intentionally listened to Holiday music. Are there really people who play on it purpose?

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

Seriously though, how could one not friggin hear it? They started in with that crap in WalMart right after flippin Halloween. They flat skipped over Thanks givea ma callit. I tend to sit around an invent my on creative lyrics to the tunes..kind of weird Al style....when life gives you lemons, make a pie or get some vodka....or both.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 4 months ago

I've been hearing it, that does not mean I've been listening to it!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

You can call me anything but a lawyer...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

Hey Hollis, The spousal unit said that this morning about 4 am I shouted out "Bob Dylan!", then went back to snoring.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Hey, wait a minute. I just read the question. Which holiday are we talking about? Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, or Pastor Terry Jones Birthday? I guess any song by Bob Dylan would apply to most holidays.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Anybody else notice the inbox thingy in the dropdown menu under your username?

This is kinda fun!

somedude20 3 years, 4 months ago

Anybody else notice the inbox thingy in the dropdown menu under your username?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

Anybody else notice the inbox thingy in the dropdown menu under your username?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

Anybody else notice the inbox thingy in the dropdown menu under your username?

somedude20 3 years, 4 months ago

I don't care for Christmas Jazz, those voices and any operatic style x-mas song stinks. To me, that junk sounds like what AC/DC and Slayer sounded to my (for HB) Mother. FYI: "Mistress for Christmas" is one of the best Christmas songs out there (My Moms did not even like Slayer's cover of "Inagodadavida" from the "Less than Zero" soundtrack) King Diamond, "No Presents For Christmas" Venom, "Black XMAS" Lemmy, Dave Grohl and Billy Gibbons, "Run, Rudolph, Run"

Boston_Corbett 3 years, 4 months ago

I would gladly switch political candidates and/or parties if I was promised a removal of pernicious Christmas music on the airwaves, stores, elevators, and gas stations, before an appropriate mid-December date. It is pure fingernails on the chalkboard before then.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm actually hoping for a Beavis and Butthead Christmas. It's pretty much my life story anyway. I miss those guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-ZVMGobls

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

"What kind of music is there for "National Kick a Lawyer in the Junk Day"

I would suggest "Mother" by Danzig. It's also a good Christmas song. I've doled out many a tuneup to that song, with my shirt off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts37Iy...

prospector 3 years, 4 months ago

The Singing Senators for "National Kick a Lawyer in the Junk Day"

Lawyers are horrible horrible singers.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

What kind of music is there for "National Kick a Lawyer in the Junk Day"

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

"No, National Be Kind to Lawyers Day is a long way off."

True, but National Kick a Lawyer in the Junk Day is everyday.

ohjayhawk 3 years, 4 months ago

Not yet, but I may have to break the Bob Rivers CD's out this afternoon.

bobberboy 3 years, 4 months ago

somewhat - but at this point it's slightly irritating.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

No, National Be Kind to Lawyers Day is a long way off.

Besides, it is a horrible, horrible holiday.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

The Rev. has a Christmas album? Color me shocked.

g_rock 3 years, 4 months ago

I have a few CDs that I actually like of holiday music. My favorite are Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Reverend Horton Heat's Xmas albums. But they are in a box in storage somewhere. Not sure I have the gumption to pull them out to listen to for the 2 days that I can tolerate the tunes..

demonfury 3 years, 4 months ago

Hell yes !!!! How do you not listen to it all year long. I can't get so jazzed up over Chipmunks Singing Christmas songs that I now celebrate their entire catalog !!! I've got an entire 32G iTouch full of nothing but Chipmunks Singing Christmas crap. It's freaking awesome man !!!! I get so darn amped over Christmas that I'm thinking of moving to Santa Claus Indiana just so I can savor it everyday.

CWGOKU 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes, since the day after Halloween. Nothing like stealing the kids Halloween candy while listening to Bing Crosby...

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

Scandanavian Death Metal knows no season.

schula 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes, I have started listening to it. I am particulary fond of anything by Kenny Chesney!

prospector 3 years, 4 months ago

I just love me some James Cagney singing "I'm a Yandeedoodle Dandy" and blowing stuff up. Man, what a holiday!

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

I wish John Jacob Niles did some Christmas songs. Man, that guy could sing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaAeq...

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

Ninth. Nobody likes Christmas music. Nobody. Woof, woof.

ibroke 3 years, 4 months ago

its Christmas music! Christmas,Christmas,Christmas and one more time----- Christmas

LadyJ 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm with Hollis, all year, only it's Mannheim Steamroller.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Worst Christmas songs? Mariah Carey's Oh Holy Night. - One note per syllable, please. Stevie Nicks Silent Night Barenaked Ladies/Sarah McLachlan-God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. THE WORST!

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes. Bob Dylan's Christmas album. I listen to it it year round.

sherbert 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes, I've been in the mood for it, but the 98.1 which is playing all Christmas music, has found the WORST Christmas songs there are, where is all the good music??!!

Bill Lee 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes. I have about a dozen Christmas CDs in my car with one in the player. I look forward to this time of year.