Previous   Next

Have you started listening to holiday music yet?

Asked at Borders, 700 New Hampshire St. on December 2, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, it’s too early.”

“No I haven’t, probably because I can’t believe it’s Christmas already.”

“I try not to. I try to a little closer to the holiday.”

“It’s on the station that I listen to and I turn it off.”

Comments

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes. I have about a dozen Christmas CDs in my car with one in the player. I look forward to this time of year.

sherbert 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I've been in the mood for it, but the 98.1 which is playing all Christmas music, has found the WORST Christmas songs there are, where is all the good music??!!

LadyJ 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm with Hollis, all year, only it's Mannheim Steamroller.

schula 3 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I have started listening to it. I am particulary fond of anything by Kenny Chesney!

labmonkey 3 years, 9 months ago

You a fan of Metalacolypse too? You should see the Christmas special one where Murderface puts on a Christmas special and the only sponsor he can find is the Church.

ohjayhawk 3 years, 9 months ago

Not yet, but I may have to break the Bob Rivers CD's out this afternoon.

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

AC/DC's "Got You by The Balls" "Heatseeker" "If You Want Blood, You Got it" "Kicked in the Teeth" "Night of the Long Knives" "Walk All Over You"

Boston_Corbett 3 years, 9 months ago

I would gladly switch political candidates and/or parties if I was promised a removal of pernicious Christmas music on the airwaves, stores, elevators, and gas stations, before an appropriate mid-December date. It is pure fingernails on the chalkboard before then.

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

I don't care for Christmas Jazz, those voices and any operatic style x-mas song stinks. To me, that junk sounds like what AC/DC and Slayer sounded to my (for HB) Mother. FYI: "Mistress for Christmas" is one of the best Christmas songs out there (My Moms did not even like Slayer's cover of "Inagodadavida" from the "Less than Zero" soundtrack) King Diamond, "No Presents For Christmas" Venom, "Black XMAS" Lemmy, Dave Grohl and Billy Gibbons, "Run, Rudolph, Run"

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

Anybody else notice the inbox thingy in the dropdown menu under your username?

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 9 months ago

I've been hearing it, that does not mean I've been listening to it!

Deja Coffin 3 years, 9 months ago

Once I'm done with all my Christmas shopping I'll be in the mood for it. Right now instead of holiday cheer.... I just have holiday fear. Only a couple more gifts to go though... thank goodness!!

purplesage 3 years, 9 months ago

What's holiday music? Are you serious? LJW - it is Christmas music - and despited your sorry attempt at being pc, everyone seems to know exactly what it is!