Previous   Next

What is your favorite movie theater snack?

Asked at Southwind 12, 3433 Iowa St. on December 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“Popcorn.”

“Sour Skittles.”

“Hot dogs.”

“Popcorn.”

Comments

OldEnuf2BYurDad 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm reading these posts and wondering why we don't step in more barf at the theater. How can we do such things to our bodies and live to tell of it?

LogicMan 3 years, 4 months ago

The chocolate-covered worms of my home worlds. My eating orifice is watering with the thought!

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

" With lots of butter?

"

Yes. Hold the salt.

kernal 3 years, 4 months ago

The old Fox Theater in downtown Topeka used to sell a soda pop called Green River which was bright green. Used to get that with one of the huge (to a 10 year old) whole dill pickles they sold out of a jar. They'd wrap it in white paper for you so pickle juice wouldn't run down your arm quite so much.

CWGOKU 3 years, 4 months ago

Popcorn, with lots of butter and salt. But really anymore, I agree with that A$$ T_O_B, I watch movies at home. I see about one movie a year at the theaters.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

Who's up for naked virtual Twister?

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Hole. Straight from the 1985 edition of the Associated Press Style Manual.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

If it feels alright Maybe you can stay all night Shall I leave you my key? But you've got to give me a sign Come on girl, some kind of sign Tell me, are you hot mama? You sure look that way to me

monkey_c 3 years, 4 months ago

Junior Mints or Nachos with lots of jalepenos.

somedude20 3 years, 4 months ago

The Sith strikes again! Is "mammaries" a bad word or was it the word "groped" that did it? You guys really need to have a set standard or at least let two other people read the posts because it may just be YOU who has no sense of humor (oh, and a few weeks ago you said that if ANYONE uses a word like a$$ or anyother word of that ilk you remove the post...look around kids) HollisBrown for managing editor of LJW!!!

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

The most violent reaction to a movie I've ever seen occurred when I was living in Hawaii. A friend of mine and I took a cab from Waikiki to the Kahala 8-Plex to see "Braveheart". When the movie finished we went outside to grab a cab home. This middle-aged European man came running and screaming from the theater and asked if he could share the ride. He and his wife and son had been in another theater watching"Water World". He actually left them at the movie. I mean this guy was shaking and sweating and could barely talk. He was mumbling about how that movie was so awful and disturbing he just couldn't take anymore. He was on the verge of a complete break down.

sissezz 3 years, 4 months ago

Popcorn with Hot Talmales sooooo gooood

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Jesse, I was tempted, but very little naughty thing I post gets removed.

HollisBrown 3 years, 4 months ago

Renaldo, the key is to bring a pint of liquor rather than beer. My problem with beer is I always brought bottles in. I lined the empties up under my seat, and yes, Doofwad behind me would always kick a couple over when he got up to go get more food in the middle of the movie. A pint of vodka is easier to carry, and unless you're a drunkard like I was, you won't finish the whole thing. The last time I did that was in 1991 at a horrible film called 'Stone Cold", starring ex-OU football player Brian Bosworth. I downed a whole pint before the movie was halfway over, probably a violent reaction to Brian and his acting. I was so freaking drunk I had to leave. I'm pretty sure I fell down in the aisle, and I might have yakked.

somedude20 3 years, 4 months ago

bangaranggerg 3 years, 4 months ago

Southwind is such a dirt theatre, I wish we had a decent one.

autie 3 years, 4 months ago

Last time I went to a real movie at the theatre, I spent 40 dollars before we sat down and then promptly fell asleep. Nope, I ain't going back no more. I'll wait till it comes to the house via netflix.

Roland Gunslinger 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm disappointed in you people. I left the door wide open with my 5:53 remark and not a single one of you jokers walked in. Oh well. You've been called out. Anything posted past this time won't count.

;)

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 4 months ago

I'm there with you Bobby. Except: onay onway ethay upersay-utterybay opcornpay.

Somewhere in time, when there was still a theater on 9th & Iowa, I was sitting down to enjoy a movie. Well, maybe it was the Varsity downtown, hell it could have been the Granada. Anyway, the lights went down, and the movie started. As I was lining up my beer cans on the floor, some super klutzy dumbass next to me knocked one over, and then the dreaded domino effect came into play. The real problem was those damn sloped floors, and the propensity for full unopened beer cans to roll when they are on their sides. The whole Acceleration = Force รท Mass crap. Of course this happened at a quiet period of the film, so you have the synergistic effect of sloped concrete, and a full aluminum beer can combining to create that so distinct sound as they roll the 30 rows of seats down to the very front of the theater. Now take that disheartening sound and multiply it times the 8 or 9 cans of beer that were forever lost, leaving me with only 2 for the movie. So here I am, stuck in a 1-1/2 hour movie with just 2 beers, and there is of course no way in hell that I could retrieve the cans from the front of the theater, the movie was playing. Plus they would have sprayed over half of the theater when I pulled the tab, leaving me with just foam. So I decide to get a tub of that super-buttery popcorn. The stuff was rancid or something, anyway, it did not play well with my stomach, and well, you know the story.
So no vomit inducing super-buttery movie popcorn ever again. And that is the last time I went to a theater.

looza 3 years, 4 months ago

raisinets ........then a sip of jack & coke.

prospector 3 years, 4 months ago

Free State beer at Liberty Hall.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 4 months ago

I haven't seen a movie in a theater in five years. Once Tom Cruise started singing in War of the Worlds, I decided I was done spending money on movies that looked cool in trailers. I do miss the super-buttery popcorn.

thuja 3 years, 4 months ago

Looks to me like 3 of the 4 respondents should have said "weed"

grammaddy 3 years, 4 months ago

Popcorn with junior mints or milk duds

Deja Coffin 3 years, 4 months ago

Well it's not a snack, but I love getting a cherry and cola mixed icee when I go to the movies.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

beans and cornbread. nothing like a little methane for getting the best seats

Bill Lee 3 years, 4 months ago

Burritos or popcorn. It depends on the season.