Previous   Next

Do you try to eat healthy when you eat at restaurants?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 26, 2010

Browse the archives

“Definitely. Lawrence has so many healthy options, it’s foolish not to.”

“No, I eat junk food when I go out to restaurants. I eat healthy at home.”

“Yes, I got a little extra in the middle. I haven’t touched fast food restaurants in eight years.”

“I do because I eat out a lot.”

Comments

mr_right_wing 3 years, 8 months ago

I always get a chuckle from people (for instance) who go to BK and order a double-whopper with bacon and cheese, large fry and a DIET coke! (Really cutting down the calories there!) Or a triple 'baconator' (three slices of cheese, 9 slices of thick bacon) at Wendy's, large fries and LIGHT lemonade. (the lbs will melt away!)

Does Burrito King have a 'health food' menu yet??

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I guess they might as well ban pencils, too. Schools don't teach writing anyway. What the hell is going on?! I think I'll go snack on some lead paint.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

Next thing you know, they'll ban pointy sticks.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

snap, Oh and this also includes lead sinkers for fishing... And that 11% excise tax you pay on ammo is the primary source of wildlife conservation funding. Here are the steps to take: 1. Submit comment online to the EPA. http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#submitComment?R=0900006480b3974b 2. Contact your congressman and senators and urge them to stop the EPA from banning ammunition. 3. Contact EPA administrator Lisa P. Jackson directly: Phone: (202) 564-4700 Fax: (202) 501-1450 Email: jackson.lisa@epa.gov Twiter: @lisapjackson http://twitter.com/lisapjackson

Stop the madness!

Ceallach 3 years, 8 months ago

Can't honestly say that I do, seems I'm more like Chad. I've been loitering around KCK for the last week or so and finally gave in to "Rosedale BarBQ" for ribs. Sooo good, sooo bad for you. But I did not put sugar in my iced tea! No sir, no sweet tea for me (had to draw the line somewhere :)

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh yeah autie? How about trying this on for size: Today the EPA headed by Obama appointee Lisa Jackson has opened comments on a petition by the Center for Biological Diversity to ban all traditional ammunition via the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976 which exempted ammunition. The comment period ends on October 31, 2010. The EPA must decide to accept or reject this petition by November 1, 2010. Is it coincidence that the date for acceptance/rejection is the day before the midterm elections? And you guys first thought my buddy Freeman Fly was "out there".

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

Depends on the restaurant. If I'm walking into Ribs-O-Rama where they keep a hose in the parking lot so customers can clean up before leaving, I'm not going to opt for a salad.

BABBOY 3 years, 8 months ago

To be honest, sometimes I do. It is next to impossible. So, I am not going to make fun the healthy option thing.

But, more often then not, I eat too many chips, too many Nachos or whatever else is bad for me

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I really miss Furrs, too. Before I got married, it was as close as I could get to a good home-cooked meal. But DO NOT eat at Golden Corral. It tastes like they put butter, on everything, even the water.

Richard Payton 3 years, 8 months ago

Surprized unemployed worker can eat healthy. I must be living wrong since when I'm unemployed I live on ramon noodles.

countrygirl 3 years, 8 months ago

Do wings and beer count as healthy?

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

With the economy the way it is, I don't go to restaurants.

Now I'm down on my luck and I'm black and blue Gonna give you another chance I'm all alone and I'm expecting you To lead me off in a cheerful dance I got a brand new suit and a brand new wife I can live on rice and beans Some people never worked a day in their life Don't know what work even means.

Rice and beans are actually pretty tasty. I eat a lot of lard, too.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

What the hell is on top of Ewan McGregor's head? I'm not gonna eat that. It looks like one of those wussy appetizers on "Top Chef".

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

One more reason to avoid Topeka. Dob't get run into during a police chase or be a Looky Lou.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

careful there son. If you go gettin all serious you might endanger your pundit status.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

What I can't swallow is the Senate is attempting to sneak through the infamous Internet kill switch cybersecurity bill by attaching it to another piece of legislation that is almost guaranteed to pass – the defense authorization bill.

Dolph knows something is coming down the pike, thats why he dumped sunflower.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"Quiet about that Stormwatch, less for me. Did you not see me sitting at the bar having a bowl of the Black Eyed Pea Posole?"

I looked for you, but we didn't get there until 7:00. The boy and I had a dentist appointment, so we didn't get there until late. I did bring a growler of Stormwatch home for enjoyment this evening.

purplesage 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm a junk food junkie but I try to use proper grammer. "Eat healthy" is one of those expressions that bugs me. How about "eat healthily" - since healthy modifies a verb, it should be used in an adverbial form.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

No worries, CW. A lot of us talk that stuff about what we gonna do. Then have another drink and calm down, become a little more rational.

If I was going to be all healthy about it, I would not be in a restaurant.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

Nobody likes healthy food. Nobody...

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

Heck no, I go out to eat to get a change from the baked chicken, steamed broccoli and rice that the wife serves up. Friday night we went to the Brew Top and I almost tried to eat the super large tenderloin and get my picture put on the wall and win the t-shirt, but she wouldn't let me and bought me another beer instead. To us going to a restaurant is for fun and we go maybe once or twice a month, otherwise we eat healthy at home. Pizza

Andini 3 years, 8 months ago

Of course I do.

I stopped super sizing my Big Mac extra value meal and now drink Diet Coke instead of regular Coke at McDonalds.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Of course. I live to eat, and eat to live. It is no fun to choke.

Better living through mastication.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

After I've had a few cocktails, I have a hard time remembering what I've ordered...

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

Not really. Last night I had a few Stormwatches, cheddar ale soup, and shrimp pasta something at Free State. If I'm paying premium dollars for food, I'm eating what I want.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

Jena, you have 1 cute puppy-dog.

Bill Lee 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm like Chad. I try to eat healthy at home, so on the rare occasions when I eat out, I indulge in the opportunity to eat an unhealthy meal. The biggest indulgence is in portion sizes offered by most restaurants. It's a good thing Furrs closed, although it would be nice to have a buffet like Golden Corral in town.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Depends on what's in the dumpster.