Previous   Next

Do you try to eat healthy when you eat at restaurants?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 26, 2010

Browse the archives

“Definitely. Lawrence has so many healthy options, it’s foolish not to.”

“No, I eat junk food when I go out to restaurants. I eat healthy at home.”

“Yes, I got a little extra in the middle. I haven’t touched fast food restaurants in eight years.”

“I do because I eat out a lot.”

Comments

Bill Lee 4 years, 3 months ago

I'm like Chad. I try to eat healthy at home, so on the rare occasions when I eat out, I indulge in the opportunity to eat an unhealthy meal. The biggest indulgence is in portion sizes offered by most restaurants. It's a good thing Furrs closed, although it would be nice to have a buffet like Golden Corral in town.

CreatureComforts 4 years, 3 months ago

Yeah, that dog TOTALLY doesn't look like it wants to kill itself...

purplesage 4 years, 3 months ago

I'm a junk food junkie but I try to use proper grammer. "Eat healthy" is one of those expressions that bugs me. How about "eat healthily" - since healthy modifies a verb, it should be used in an adverbial form.

rumor_man 4 years, 3 months ago

I think it's the dog in the other pictures tail.

Richard Payton 4 years, 3 months ago

Surprized unemployed worker can eat healthy. I must be living wrong since when I'm unemployed I live on ramon noodles.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 3 months ago

Depends on the restaurant. If I'm walking into Ribs-O-Rama where they keep a hose in the parking lot so customers can clean up before leaving, I'm not going to opt for a salad.

Ceallach 4 years, 3 months ago

Can't honestly say that I do, seems I'm more like Chad. I've been loitering around KCK for the last week or so and finally gave in to "Rosedale BarBQ" for ribs. Sooo good, sooo bad for you. But I did not put sugar in my iced tea! No sir, no sweet tea for me (had to draw the line somewhere :)

Flap Doodle 4 years, 3 months ago

Next thing you know, they'll ban pointy sticks.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 3 months ago

I always get a chuckle from people (for instance) who go to BK and order a double-whopper with bacon and cheese, large fry and a DIET coke! (Really cutting down the calories there!) Or a triple 'baconator' (three slices of cheese, 9 slices of thick bacon) at Wendy's, large fries and LIGHT lemonade. (the lbs will melt away!)

Does Burrito King have a 'health food' menu yet??