Previous   Next

What was your favorite extracurricular activity in high school?

Asked at Wayne and Larry’s Sports Bar, 933 Iowa on August 23, 2010

Browse the archives

“Playing music, rock and reggae in a band.”

“I was in drill team for many years. It was really enjoyable getting out there and performing.”

“The school newspaper, I was the editor-in-chief. I really liked being in touch with the voice of the student body. ”

“For me it was golf and theater. Free golf after school, nine holes, sometimes 18 everyday, and theater was the place where I could drop my pants on stage and no one would yell at me.”

Related story

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years ago

Sneaking out at noon to make a run to Griff's! 39 cents bought a hamburger, fries and a coke, 12 cents more got you an apple or cherry turnover! Sometimes we would skip the afternoon and play pool at the pool hall at 23rd and Naismith where the KU credit union is now.

H_Lecter 5 years ago

whats_going_on 5 years ago

I had a Sloan class too. I think he passed a few years ago

trinity 5 years ago

autie, stole my thunder, lol! i was going to say the 10 a.m. smoke break. yes we had one! hard to believe, today! wow. we were allowed to smoke in a designated area right by the doors of the high school-before school, during smoke break, at lunch, after...wow.

Chrissy Neibarger 5 years ago

and one day.. at band camp...

boy those band people were rowdy! :)

somedude20 5 years ago

going down to the pipe to smoke and makeout

Mary Darst 5 years ago

Poor kids today, no time and closed lunch. We went to our cars and smoked cigarettes. I must say a little doobie wouldn't have been bad. I had geometry after lunch...that would have improved class time a whole lot. If they had open lunch today...there would be not much reason to have school in the afternoon. hahaha

Mary Darst 5 years ago

whats_going_on 5 years ago

the high schools here have closed lunch now???

Hilary Morton 5 years ago

No, they have open lunches still.

Mike Hatch 5 years ago

Going across the street to the "Jesus" laundromat with the "awful, cheap girls" that I mostly hung out with. Lunch out of their vending machines, and smoking.
I remember the outside 'smoking section' at LHS. Teachers would often come outside and join.

snoozey 5 years ago

Girls, spliffs, beers - hey, some things are forever !

mr_right_wing 5 years ago

Watching Kelly Coffelt & squad prectice their routines.