Previous   Next

What are you going to miss about the summer of 2010?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 19, 2010

Browse the archives

“Swimming at Bloomington Beach.”

“I’m going to miss having free time. … I’m going to have papers to grade and projects and stuff.”

“Definitely the lack of traffic.”

“I’m going to miss the fact that I will never have a summer again because I will have to get a big-person job.”

Comments

bobberboy 3 years, 8 months ago

nothing - for the most part it sucked.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

OH my god, what have I done? forgive me.

blindrabbit 3 years, 8 months ago

KU once had a Basketball player known as the Big Dripper; something to do with a late night trip to 4091/2 Topeka Avenue.

blindrabbit 3 years, 8 months ago

Chiggers, ticks, squitos, turkey vultures and bullbats.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

I ♥ bacon as much as the next person, but has anyone tried the bacon infused vodka besides Marion?

Andini 3 years, 8 months ago

I'll miss the sound of my son driveling a basketball in our dribeway.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

I think someone needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. I don't think we need to be proud dribbling anything. There may be enough of that to go around in another 40 years or so. Besides, dribbling not directly associated with basketball is not right. And if we all got together and had an intermural team (the leaping lemurs circa 1977) we would flat suck. So...I can be a Yahoo...but we need a different adjective. We'll leave the dribbling to the dip wad that brought that up the other day.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I'd like to think I'm a proud member of the Dribbling Yahoos. I know I was in a former incarnation. But I'll leave it up to Autie, TOB, and Ret. Oh, please?

uncleandyt 3 years, 8 months ago

I will miss the happy laughs of people in the parks and pesticides. I'll miss the gentle hum of air-conditioners and the stupidity of fireworks, the lack of flu-shot hysteria, the relative quiet of global warming deniers.

1029 3 years, 8 months ago

The free houseplants they put out front of Dillon's.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

And big ole drippin bacon and tomato sandwiches..fresh cold tomatos slathered up with miracle whip..about three pieces of thick ass bacon..maybe a leaf or two of green things....

Defender 3 years, 8 months ago

Some of you folks say too much!

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

Going commando to keep cool.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

sgtwolverine made the Wall St. Journal today...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704557704575437610042280480.html?mod=WSJ_LifeStyle_Lifestyle_5 Click on view slideshow to see big picture. Print edition too besides online edition.

Practicality 3 years, 8 months ago

I will miss the commentary by bozo on the LJW, it will be harder for him while he is attending 8th grade at West Jr. High School.

Remember bozo, no comments until your homework is done!

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

I'll miss everything about Summer. It is my favorite time of year. Everyone at the pool won't miss me showing up in my Speedo, I know that.

Andini 3 years, 8 months ago

I'll miss the daily updates of Brett Favre & LeBron James.

Andini 3 years, 8 months ago

Nobody likes Summers. Nobody.

Esq2eB 3 years, 8 months ago

I think we will look back on this as the last summer of freedom. With the direction Obama is taking the country by next summer we will have no choices, freedoms, or liberties left. We will stripped of everything, working in labor camps (for the common good, of course) being watched over by the jack booted thugs of the Democratic party to ensure our loyalty and continued enslavement to their ideals. People who refuse to do will be re-eduated and never heard from again. Others will go underground to try and resist. Where will you be?

Viva La Resistance!

bad_dog 3 years, 8 months ago

Dribbling Yahoos? That sounds like a good name for a rural-based exhibition basketball team. You know, like the Globetrotters. I can see them now in their cut-off bib coveralls, straw hats & boots. Fast breaking up court after a defensive rebound...

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"AND the same old dribbling yahoos on the OTS . . . "

The Dribbling Yahoos are a year round occurence.

ebyrdstarr 3 years, 8 months ago

Not one thing. Worst summer ever.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

AND the same old dribbling yahoos on the OTS . . .

;-)

kernal 3 years, 8 months ago

Low traffic and fresh local produce.

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

in shape women in small fitting clothes summer heat forcing me to down my drink before it gets warm less bad drivers (from May-Aug)

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

I'll miss watching Joe "where's the Xanax?" Biden flitting around the country proclaiming the success of the Recovery Summer while job losses spike again.

BABBOY 3 years, 8 months ago

I love summer. I love the warm temperatures and late sun light. I hate winter for the opposite of these reasons -- specifically the lack of sun light.....

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

T_O_B, Hell yeah, this is much more than an affair, we are soul mates. I danced briefly with the Green Farie, but oh, such a fickle mistress.

Bill Lee 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm going to miss fresh tomatoes from my small garden.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm going to miss having my oldest daughter home all day with the two little ones. She's in kindergarten now and gone all day Moday-Friday. No one warned me how hard it'd be to let her go to school all day and she went to preschool for half-days so I thought I'd be ready but no way....I'm so bummed. I mean her teacher will see her more during the week then I will, that's just not right! I'm just going to say it... school sucks. You know why? What is the purpose of school? It's to teach kids to grow up and leave their moms, that's what school does. Boo. But I will admit that she really really likes being in kindergarten and her teacher is a great teacher. Plus she is so excited to eat lunch at school and tells me all about her day when she gets home. Her little sister also has enjoyed being the big kid at home and helping momma while getting more attention. So okay... maybe school is somewhat of a good thing. Thanks for letting me get that out! :-)

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

RI -

Will your mojito madness continue when the weather chills?

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

my cuzins coming to visit....again. They drink all my liquor and eat everything in sight and don't never bring nothing with them. We's locking the doors an acting like we ain't home next time.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

I will NOT miss the stupid summer cold that I ended up with several weeks ago. And ants. Bring on the fall!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Whats the rush? Summer does not end until September 21st. We still have 33 days of Summer left, and I for one am going to ride'em hard and put'em up wet!!

Donnuts 3 years, 8 months ago

Boy, that pissed me off. Bloomington brought back some memories. Look at how young those graduates are. Masters ... big person job.