Previous   Next

How did you take advantage of the cool weather break?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 18, 2010

Browse the archives

“I got a hot cup of coffee and went walking with my friends downtown.”

“I was walking over the place because it was nice and cool.”

“I went and got ice cream with my roommate Chelsea and we’re walking down Mass. Street.”

“I’m about to go play tennis.”

Comments

blindrabbit 3 years, 8 months ago

Sharpened the snow shovels, put up snow fence and looked for geese flying South to the oil-soaked gulf marshes.

riverdrifter 3 years, 8 months ago

I couldn't sleep last night either. Got up at 230a and went out to a pond and caught 18 little crappie off the dock in as many minutes, give or take. Skin-on filleted them. Back before first light & got some more shuteye. Cool nights are cool.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"T_O_B, How do you keep those damn Jehovah Witnessii away?"

I always answer the door dressed as Xenu.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I guess Mariah is here. She yanked one of my comments. Hey, nobody likes sputum. Nobody.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Chiggers do not burrow under your skin, as many people believe, nor do they feed on animal blood. They actually feed on the fluids in skin cells. To get the fluids, they attach themselves to a skin pore or hair follicle and inject a digestive enzyme that ruptures the cells. The enzyme also hardens the surrounding skin tissue, forming a sort of straw for sucking the skin cell fluids. The whole process irritates the skin, causing an itchy red bump that continues to cause discomfort for several days. Chiggers are only about 1/50th of an inch (0.5 mm) in diameter and so are too small to be seen with the naked eye. This invisibility is the reason so many people believe chiggers burrow under the skin.

I have no idea what all of that means, but I'm going to Walgreen's to get some of that stuff Ret mentioned. And some Vicodin, too.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

You've gotta be firm. Make your house look like a mosque and if they persist say something like "The streets will flow with the blood of the infidels". Usually works for me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

T_O_B, How do you keep those damn Jehovah Witnessii away?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

I find if I'm drinking and sweating, the chiggers, mosquitos, and turkey buzzards stay away.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Jack, You need to go to the pharmacy and get some "flowers of sulfur", then dump it in a sock, and bounce the sock on your body to disperse the sulfur power.
Nary a chigger will you find again.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Did anybody catch the David Hasselhoff Roast the other night? I didn't, but I'd like to roast him. Start off with some sulfuric acid on his face. Then make him down a cup or 2 of gasoline. Finally, shove an apple in his mouth, hog-tie him, and slow roast him over an open spit. That should do it.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Well, the chiggers sure as hell didn't take a break. I passed out on the front lawn last night, nothing new. I woke up and have about 3800 chigger bites between my waist and my sac. I'm talking totally 70's chigger belt. I think I'm gonna have a seizure, especially since I haven't had a drink in 4-5 hours.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Well I'll be a dribbling yahoo . . .

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"Whenever I read comments on this website it's the same bunch of yahoos posting their same old pathetic dribble. " Spittle

His comment history is worth looking at. His obsession with Vern Troyer is disturbing.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Did the Web really die?

Ray Bradbury said we have too many internets. Sunday is his birthday. I know what Rachel Bloom is giving him...

Ray Bradbury, Sex Machine.

trinity 3 years, 8 months ago

and misusing and/or incorrectly spelling the word "drivel".

sputum 3 years, 8 months ago

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

No one works in this town anymore? Cool Monday, at work. Cool Tuesday, at work. Cool today, at work but hey, they say it will rain on Saturday which means little to people who have seven days off

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

The dog told me to make sure and find time to go bass fishing within the next three days. He says that cool weather will have them all stirred up and ready to smack some top water lures.

meggers 3 years, 8 months ago

I wonder what place Laura was walking over?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"Will they remove my comment for that? "

I don't know. It just depends what mood Meridith is in today.

Bob_Keeshan 3 years, 8 months ago

Chip Knapp thought he was going to play tennis, but his grandpa Smails told him he'd play golf and like it!

And don't even get me started about his food order. You'll get nothing and like it!

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

I went outside, realized the skeeters were still in full force, went back inside.

Autie was up eating cheese. Or cutting it.
Oops, ended a sentence in a preposition. Will they remove my comment for that?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

T_O_B, Pondering why the LJW will not let you use the Hebrew word for magnolia tree?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

Autie -

The hell you doing up at 2:37?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Friday night. It's been bothering me all this time.

Late arrival and early dismissal bother the hell out of me too. Bad poetry. Obama administration blocking the importation of M1 Garand and Carbine rifles from South Korea lend-lease. People that open presents on Christmas Eve.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

What the hell is up with the Ghost of Grey Goose's pirate eye patch?

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 8 months ago

The 1st OTS'r, Jeff Smyl has a very suitable last name.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

I celebrated by sweating less.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I wonder what Jeff is sitting on.......

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I got back into window peeping. And hanging out with Chip, Engelbert Humperdinck's grandson.

jonas_opines 3 years, 8 months ago

Playing some disc golf and only sweating mildly. As Autie said, the dog also has had much more energy, so we've taken him to the park more.

Bill Lee 3 years, 8 months ago

Sat out on my balcony and read, then enjoyed watching the neighbor kids playing.

Donnuts 3 years, 8 months ago

Go and juggle in the park. Sit out and finish one of my drawings of architecture in the area.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Streakin' in the yard. The neighbor's yard. Gonna have to quit though. Either I'm not as fast as I used to be or his aim is improvin' . . .

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

This cooler weather has brought renewed energy to the dogs. We had a Battle Royale in the living room last night until we knocked a cup off the coffee table and Momma made us all go back outside.