Previous   Next

How did you spend your summer vacation?

Asked at Kansas Union, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd. on August 17, 2010

Browse the archives

“I spent it looking for a job, mostly, and moving down here to Lawrence.”

“I spent my summer working in a bank as a teller.”

“I baby-sat for a family with an in-ground pool and swam all summer.”

“I hung out with friends and worked two jobs.”

Comments

uncleandyt 3 years, 8 months ago

I spent many hours listening to AM talk radio. By doing that, I learned how things are in the world. I learned that we have enemies, and found out what they are thinking and why they think that way. I learned what to worry about, and what not to worry about. Turns out that the hungry people can simply look in the fridge and the cupboards and the pantry, for that is where the food is. If those spots are empty, the poor should go to McDonalds or eat out of dumpsters, according to one of my trusted sources of info. The Japanese are Buddhists?, I had no idea. The Gulf of Mexico will clean itself. Less than 2000 birds died as a result of the oil-spew. We are winning our wars, and should consider starting a third. I am proud to be considered a "mouth-breathing troglodite".

IndusRiver 3 years, 8 months ago

I watched it go by from my back porch.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Went to Cuba too. Tried to find La Bodeguita del Medio.

Ended up buying some ring garlic bologna and jaternice at Cuba Cash Store.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Greensburg, the new Gay Capital of the World. I've heard there are lots of salons and coffee houses there now. Why did the wing nuts make those poor hicks go green and gay. Just leave them alone. Oh boy, hand dug wells and balls of twine. Ah, Kansas......

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

I guess I should have spent it looking for a new man.

sigh

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

I spent it flying around with Lew

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

autie, Have you ever been to the David Rice Atchison Presidential Library?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

The world's largest hand dug well is a heck of a thing. The lemurs always want to stop and visit it when we are driving thru Greensburg.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

jeezzus R_I. take a break man, that must have been exhausting. I hear there is cheese in Wamego?

I really need to get out west and go see the world's largest hand dug well. I hear that is breath taking.

calwt262 3 years, 8 months ago

Tyler spent his summer hair farming

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

What didn't I do? Caught dozens of crappie and bass, ate exotic cheeses and put rounds down range and had things go boom, saw Boston Corbett's hole in the ground he lived in, stopped at every Czech meat market I could find, experienced the little flavor crystals exploding in my mouth at White Castle, saw a crazy dead white guy in Lucas, climbed in and through this huge ass scrap metal jungle gym, looked out of a school bus hanging over the edge of a building 13 stories up, went to the suckiest OZ museum in the world in Manhattan, rode a tram to the top of the memorial to the domination and exploitation of the Western United States, saw Truck Henge, and about 1017 other things.

Donnuts 3 years, 8 months ago

Avoiding the bullies that chased me around all during the school year.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I have no idea. Mostly drinking and drugging. Oh, and I fought with the neighbor about the property line, and I saw Bob Dylan again.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

Vacation? What is that? Not sure I understand the concept...

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Restocking the bunker. Zombies are coming.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

Caught dozens of crappie and bass, ate exotic cheeses and put rounds down range and had things go boom.

BigPrune 3 years, 8 months ago

An Essay on....How I spent my summer vacation

The first day on my vacation, what I did on my summer vacation, the first day on my vacation, I woke up. Then, I went downtown to look for job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The second day on my summer vacation, I woke up, then I went downtown to look for a job. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The third day on my summer vacation, I woke up, then I went downtown to look for a job....Then I got a job, keeping people from hanging out in front of the drugstore. The fourth day on my...

milkman_dan 3 years, 8 months ago

I spent most afternoons next door at my neighbor's pool. They weren't home, but I was made sure the babysitter had enough suntan oil to keep from burning. Milkman's a giving kind of guy, always thinking about others.