Previous   Next

Compared to last year, are you more or less excited about this year’s KU football team?

Asked at Wayne and Larry’s Sports Bar, 933 Iowa on August 12, 2010

Browse the archives

“I am less excited since we lost everybody…we got to look to a new team and see how they do.”

“I’d say definitely less excited. We lost pretty much the whole offense, and we just don’t know how Turner (Gill) is going to coach. It’s totally different.”

“I’d say I’m more excited. Turner Gill’s here, it’s kind of the start of a new era, and we might have lost some players, but they (new players) provide some promise and maybe a new direction.”

“I was more excited last year because of Kerry Meier and Todd Reesing and their senior seasons, but I am looking forward to this season.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 8 months ago

A lot of people didn't know he could sing. He was hosting the John Lennon tribute, and after several had sung, they go to start a song and he's going to sing. You can tell people are surprised..then OMG..he BELTS out this 'knock people out of their seat' version of Mind Games. It's on youtube, but that little screen, and it buy itself doesn't begin to capture the surprise and intensity of the evening.

Here is one reporter's version:GIVE PEACE A CHANCE The biggest surprise at last night's two-hour John Lennon tribute, featuring a slate of mostly younger pop stars and non-musical actors: host Kevin Spacey, belting out a passionate version of Lennon's ''Mind Games.'' His unexpected musical turn was in keeping with the everyone-must-do-their-part spirit of the evening, which had been planned a year ago as a benefit against gun violence but was transformed into a tribute to New York's heroic emergency workers and a fundraiser for the terror relief effort. ...........

LJ Whirled 3 years, 8 months ago

KU Football has resumed its rightful position in The Cellar. This year's team will be the worst in memory.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

If you ever want to see a bunch of pissed off, confused old hippies, go to a Bob Dylan show. I always see a few Wavy Gravies who haven't seen him and think he's some kind of pansy protest singer who's gonna play album-loyal versions of his old stuff. Hey, Pigpen, you need to check out what he's been doing since 1990 and come correct. Word.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

Christy is a Hugo fan. There is no other explanation.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

I thought Chill lay un was what I did Sunday afternoon. Man, I gots to catch up with the times. It was groovey just laid out under the air conditioner. And that Chilean....un huh...that's a fish from south merica.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Dammit all to H. E. Double hockey sticks T_O_B.

You of all people should know Lindsey's sore spots are guns and goats. So mentioning a shooting sport such as skeet is off limits. You should try substituting something like Awesome Sauce McCoy instead.

Have you listened to Morbid Goat Fornicator? They are this cool Chilean death metal band. (Chilean is pronounced "Chill-lay-un" for the non-initiated)

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Bob, I think you got on Misty's bad side today. Is there a map for that? I have a GPS.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Is Brianna still here? I'm surprised any of my comments are still up.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

Britney has really zapped the fun out of the comments section.

"Maybe he has Romo tatted on his backside." Autie

Or on the inside of his thigh.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

The style scout dejour sez she has a tat of Texas. I hope she left room for the other states. Maybe she is one of them Secessionists.

I have a tat of Florida because it reminds me of my ...... uh, the grand times on the Redneck Riviera.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

Why do so many actors hate america? And...is it true that the only NFL teams Hugo will watch is the Chowboys and/or the Raiders? Maybe he has Romo tatted on his backside.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh, hey. Wasn't Kevin in "Pay It Forward"? Really, I'm not sure. I didn't even see the trailers for that gag-inducer. Well, there you go.......

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh Jeez, are we gonna get into it again, Jimmy? Iwas just starting to like you. Well, put this in your Kool Aid cup and drink it: I wish that for just one time You could stand inside my shoes And just for that one moment I could be you Yes, I wish that for just one time You could stand inside my shoes You'd know what a drag it is To see you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK1pFWXywA8&playnext=1&videos=c3LPBJ7t69M

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

You have got to be kidding me, Ret!! Why, that dirty, no good, stink-acting, piece of pedophile slime. He goes on my People I Wanna Fight List. Pronto. I knew there was something wrong with that creep when he played a laughable serial killer in "Seven". Then there was that awful "American Beauty", another gem I avoided like a trough of pig slop. I can let that slide. But no one, I mean no one, messes with a Dylan and gets away with it.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Jack, Kevin Spacy, former stalker of Jakob Dylan.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

The reason Mel Gibson hates black people is because of working with Danny Glover.

jimjones 3 years, 8 months ago

Less.
Terry Allen part II Fire Lew Perkins before he leaves.

Jaminrawk 3 years, 8 months ago

More because my expectations are lower. Last year the expectations were very high and as a KU football fan, you always expect the worst. This year, there is a new crop so I'm excited by the prospect of them surprising everyone.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh, boy. Another one. Good Ole' Danny Gloveracist. Complete turd. Another one who showed his true self after 9/11, along with Harry Beleracist and Spike Lee Racist. Wait, we already knew Spike was a racist, but at least he has a career. Danny just sits around all bitter because he hasn't done anything since he played that cute old man opposite Crazy Mel Gibson and his mullet. Next, Bob?

BABBOY 3 years, 8 months ago

Excited to see Turner Gill. He is a good coach. I hope they can keep him.

I think NU is going to have troubles and Pelini is kind of an idiot so the concern would be Gill doing great and Pelini struggling at NU causing that fan base to come callling for Gill.

NU going to Big 10 just makes that more likely.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

"I wear my cover in the house" - autie

Damn Walt Whitman lovers and their French kisses...

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

autie, Just stop filling at Citgo, remove your hat indoors, and remove your hat and place your hand over your heart when the Star Spangled Banner plays...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

TopJayhawk 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm excited about the new era starting. Last years team quit. I don't think that will happen this year. Really don't know what to expect.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

How is it these so called Mericans have these weird relationships with communist dictators? How do they get away with it? How comes the CIA ain't got rid of Hugo so we don't have to feel so guilty about buying all that communist oil? Or is that Facist oil? I don't know. Good thing North Korea doesn't have any oil.....we'd be buying that too. I think Dear Leader and Hugo might be cuzins...

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

CreatureComforts 3 years, 8 months ago

I am mixed. We lost some good players, but I think some good ones will come out of the woodwork too. Hope Coach Gill proves himself to be as good as we all think/hope, so that is excited. All in all, I am mixed.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

more excited. it is a new year and hope springs eternal...new heroes to cheer for. and I will be keeping a close eye on TOB and Sean Penn. They might get into a fight and that would be cool.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

More or less, I'm gonna find out who the really simpletons are when I go to the theater parking lot tomorrow night and spy on people going in to see "Eat, Pray, Love". Blecckk! I think it's one of those crappy movies that's supposed to cause a paradigm shift, like "Pay It Forward", another movie I avoided like the plague.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

More or less, I'd just like to know what constitutes a strong-arm robbery vs. a weak one. I guess it's kinda like a hard-boiled detective vs. an armchair detective.

tsunami9320 3 years, 8 months ago

Depends on which part of the season you're talking about. If you're talking about this time last year, before the wheels came off, I'd say less excited. If you're talking now vs the end of last season, more excited.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Actually, I might watch just to see Coach Gill chain smoking and cussing his head off. He's gonna be pissed when he can't remember who anyone is since he made them take the names off of the jerseys.

purplesage 3 years, 8 months ago

There was a football team last year?

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm only interested if they are rumbling with the basketball team.

Jets. Sharks.

//dance

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Less. I'll be too busy keeping an eye on Sean Penn and Wyclef Gene in Haiti. I think they might get into a fight. That would be cool.