Previous   Next

Are you excited about a second NASCAR race coming to the Kansas Speedway?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on August 10, 2010

Browse the archives

“No I am not, I never got into NASCAR.”

“I’m excited for some family members because they love NASCAR, and I’d like to go one time. ”

“Yeah I am, I think it’s great for the Kansas City area. ”

“Yeah, it would be all right, as long as it brings money.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 8 months ago

You can get the genuine autographed Dale Earnhardt #88 handmade pottery grease keeper at www.nascar.com/gearhead/greasekeeper/....

Maybe...

Deja Coffin 3 years, 8 months ago

***This is completely off subject but does anyone know where I can get a handmade pottery grease keeper for bacon grease?? Phoenix Gallery does not have them and I'm having a hard time finding a place online that carries them. My MIL saw one in Branson that she absolutely loved and I'm trying to find one for her birthday.... or even Christmas. THANKS!!!

GO NASCAR?!?!? I don't follow the sport but I'm sure if I did I'd be super excited it was coming to Kansas Speedway.

whats_going_on 3 years, 8 months ago

just about as excited as I am to see all the trash that comes with it, if you catch my drift.

Bob Kraxner 3 years, 8 months ago

I have been a Nascar fan since '69, and I believe that the sport is long past its best years. It is now overhyped, overblown B.S., that's been run into the ground, there is no parity any more, none of the drivers even gets their hands dirty by working on their own car, and whichever team has the most money, always wins. In the old days (back in the 20th century) it was fun to watch, and very competitive,and each team had a group of maybe10 people who worked on the car, including the pit crew (unlike todays groups of 80-90 people) now its a complete and total joke, due to the greedy idiots that make the rules. It is also a major tax write-off for the corporate sponsers, who pour millions of dollars into the sport. In years past, I have been to tracks all over the country, but not anymore, and especially not to Ks. speedway, as I don't care to spend 125.00 for a decent seat, so my Nascar ( live in person) days are over, mainly because like all professional sports, the players are way overpaid, and none of 'em can drive any better than I can. This new generation of Nascar fans have made these new generation drivers think that they are "gods". It used to be that the drivers were the peers of those who paid to see the race, now these crybabies in the race cars are millionaires, even the ones who are unknown, and rarely finish in the top 20, while the fans are all working class people foolish enough to pay ridiculous prices to watch cars going in circles.

yankeevet 3 years, 8 months ago

How can anyone get excited about someone sitting in a metal container and going around and around in circles..............thats a sport???

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

It was on this day in 1990 that the Magellan space probe reached Venus.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

It was on this day in 1628 that the Swedish warship Vasa set sail for the first time and then sank beneath the waves after traveling less than a mile. Oopsie!

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

Autie, it took them 112 years? Well I guess the French are know for taking a lot of vacations. Maybe the good wine they had made it not seem such a priority.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Hmm. Must be the 8th anniversary. Didn't they really start hating us again in about 2002?

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

Today is the anniversary of the French Revolution. So, do they consider that a victory or a defeat? Oh, right, it is the French. They chalk that up as a victory.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

With a stern face, a beard, and glasses: "If you truly believe in the Constitution, and vote for Dennis Kucinich, he will win."

I guess nobody believes in the Constitution, Sean, you angry d-bag. Why don't you go to your room and start pretending you're Jeff Spicoli again. You're soooo cool.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Buzzkill at the Oscars. Chris Rock is hosting and makes a really funny joke about Jude Law and his nanny. Sean Penn gets up onstage with a stern face and says "Jude Law is a great actor".

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

Nascar? I have no clue. What I do know is Sean Penn is one the world's worst human beings.

freestatehawk 3 years, 8 months ago

Adding a second mediocre race at a cookie cutter track means Kansas Speedway will go from a sellout once a year to lots of empty seats twice a year.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

I can't get enough. I sit by roundabouts to get my fix. The one on the Turnpike has the most excitement and the one on Clinton Parkway requires the most skill. I do get some funny looks, maybe it is the Rebel flag I am waving.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

screw Nascar....nobody likes nascar. Oh, except my brother and his boy. but what about the escaped convict from Arizona.....got out with aid from his cousin/girlfriend....headed for Canada. Do you think they'll make it? I think they will be gunned down in Galcier National Park.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

NASCAR....motor sports.....Oh, Motorhead? I would say my favorite Motorhead song is "Ace of Spades". Definitely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2Q...

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh hey, TO Bob, when you get here, sorry I missed you yesterday. Bob Zimm totally rocked!!! I've seen him 5 times since 1986, 3 of them in the last 4 years. This was by far his best show ever. Charlie Sexton is back on guitar, almost daring the Unwashed Phenomenon to get out from behind the keyboard and wake up, which he happily did. He played the most songs of his U.S. tour so far, 3 encores, a long version of "All Along the Watchtower". He really seems to love K.C. and the midwest.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Duh, Of course my favorite yoga position is downward facing dog.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Derek is a bright young man. The kid is going places. I'm pretty sure Jon has his shirt off. We were in junior high together and I don't wear a shirt either. Rock On!!

Kontum1972 3 years, 8 months ago

i only watch Ms.Danica......i want to have her baby,,,,lol....

Stuart Evans 3 years, 8 months ago

I went to one of those races a couple years back. Had free tickets and everything. Spent 5 long hours out in the blazing sun that day watching cars go 'round and 'round and 'round. I found myself dozing off in the last hour, completely baked by the afternoon (or was it evening) sun, while my azz was becoming part of the seat and the two people to either side of me. But on the bright side, I was nearly deaf by the time we left.

The only way I'll ever go to another race is if there's a VIP room with AC & recliners.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

Just what we need....more redneck RVs breaking down on their way to WyCo. At least it is good for our economy for them to stop and restock the cooler before they get there? I just hate it when the lawn chairs fly off as they are on the interstate...

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

Is that like them nascar line them got down in Peru in on top of andy's mountain? them got monkeys an a fish an bird....what they got over to kansas city's nascar lines?

Boosh 3 years, 8 months ago

Any motorsport is a good motorsport :)

shadowbox66044 3 years, 8 months ago

I didn't know there was a first nascar race.

cheeseburger 3 years, 8 months ago

That's a beautiful facility in a great area over there in the 'Dotte. May as well utilize it more often - it sure won't hurt the county's coffers any!

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

cuzin elroy," hey jo bob, that sure is a nice car."

cuzin jo bob," your car is nice too, elroy. wanna race?"

and that's how nice car racing got its start. you think i would kid you bout somethin' this important?