Previous   Next

Are you excited about a second NASCAR race coming to the Kansas Speedway?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on August 10, 2010

Browse the archives

“No I am not, I never got into NASCAR.”

“I’m excited for some family members because they love NASCAR, and I’d like to go one time. ”

“Yeah I am, I think it’s great for the Kansas City area. ”

“Yeah, it would be all right, as long as it brings money.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

cuzin elroy," hey jo bob, that sure is a nice car."

cuzin jo bob," your car is nice too, elroy. wanna race?"

and that's how nice car racing got its start. you think i would kid you bout somethin' this important?

Rae Hudspeth 4 years, 1 month ago

THANK YOU.. for my first real LOL of the day.

rbwaa 4 years, 1 month ago

it was a more beautiful area when it was a farm that was destroyed through 'imminent domain' for a private enterprise...

shadowbox66044 4 years, 1 month ago

I didn't know there was a first nascar race.

freestatehawk 4 years, 1 month ago

Technically, there are already three NASCAR races at Kansas Speedway each year, but as prospector points out below, roundabouts are much more fun to watch.

Boosh 4 years, 1 month ago

Any motorsport is a good motorsport :)

Stuart Evans 4 years, 1 month ago

I went to one of those races a couple years back. Had free tickets and everything. Spent 5 long hours out in the blazing sun that day watching cars go 'round and 'round and 'round. I found myself dozing off in the last hour, completely baked by the afternoon (or was it evening) sun, while my azz was becoming part of the seat and the two people to either side of me. But on the bright side, I was nearly deaf by the time we left.

The only way I'll ever go to another race is if there's a VIP room with AC & recliners.

Kontum1972 4 years, 1 month ago

i only watch Ms.Danica......i want to have her baby,,,,lol....

calwt262 4 years, 1 month ago

Why would John being wearing a shirt on a weekday? He probably keeps a spare shirt/shamee under the driver's seat for when he needs to run into the store to grab another 30 pack of Natty and a fistful of slim jims.

schula 4 years, 1 month ago

I was there, too! DId you see Harrison Ford? One of his sons plays in the opening band.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

How long would it take to drive from Arizona to Canada in a Escort? Will wind resistance from the couch be a factor? And does sankferever have access to the internet from a mobile device so she can defend their actions on the run? Live helicam coverage at 11:00 . . .

freestatehawk 4 years, 1 month ago

Adding a second mediocre race at a cookie cutter track means Kansas Speedway will go from a sellout once a year to lots of empty seats twice a year.

LoveThsLife 4 years, 1 month ago

..because Chuck Norris was his teacher.

Actually...that doesn't work...Chuck Norris is a Republican nevermind.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

It was on this day in 1628 that the Swedish warship Vasa set sail for the first time and then sank beneath the waves after traveling less than a mile. Oopsie!

yankeevet 4 years, 1 month ago

How can anyone get excited about someone sitting in a metal container and going around and around in circles..............thats a sport???

whats_going_on 4 years, 1 month ago

just about as excited as I am to see all the trash that comes with it, if you catch my drift.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

***This is completely off subject but does anyone know where I can get a handmade pottery grease keeper for bacon grease?? Phoenix Gallery does not have them and I'm having a hard time finding a place online that carries them. My MIL saw one in Branson that she absolutely loved and I'm trying to find one for her birthday.... or even Christmas. THANKS!!!

GO NASCAR?!?!? I don't follow the sport but I'm sure if I did I'd be super excited it was coming to Kansas Speedway.

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

You can get the genuine autographed Dale Earnhardt #88 handmade pottery grease keeper at www.nascar.com/gearhead/greasekeeper/....

Maybe...