Previous   Next

Are you ready for school to start?

Asked at Douglas County Fair, 19th and Harper streets on August 8, 2010

Browse the archives

“Oh yes I am, we need to get these kids back on a schedule.”

“No! I live right in front of a school and I can’t get out of the driveway.”

“Yes. It’s been a long summer.”

“No, I’m having too much fun this summer.”

Comments

grammaddy 3 years, 8 months ago

I've been ready since the second week of summer vacation. Boy, those little buggers can eat! Although they won't admit it, they're ready too. The sibling rivalry has reached it's peak.They need some time away from each other even if it's just a few hours a day.It will be nice having just the little ones to deal with during the day. They just eat, sleep and poop. No fighting or destroying every room they walk into.I love my grandkids, but I can't wait to walk them to school Wednesday morning.

Kelly Johnson 3 years, 8 months ago

I have mixed feelings about it, but I'm happy I've gotten to enjoy a lot of time with my kids and they had a good summer break.

Kathy Getto 3 years, 8 months ago

Yes and no. Ready for the little ones to come back to school. :-) Not ready for our "baby" to go back to college. :-(

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm sooooooooo not ready for all the kiddies to "move back to school" yet. I know it is vital to our local economy. But I already have a long line to stand in at Walmart and have enough local Larryvillians that can't drive.

sigh

Can't it at least cool off some before we have to deal with the onslaught of people?

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

Parents say Yes!

Kids say No!

Prospector can't wait for the night games at the home of the Chesty Lions. Tickets available for Cool and Girlfriend at will call.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I guess. Bee Boppin' Bob Dylan was in rare form last night. My summer is complete.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Yes, the devil spawn are beside themselves, in flaming fantods, screeching histrionics in the direst of foreboding and doom.

Or it may be the heat.