Previous   Next

What is your favorite carnival ride?

Asked at Douglas County Fair, 19th and Harper streets on August 7, 2010

Browse the archives

“Probably the Ferris wheel.”

“The Ferris wheel because you can see everything from the top.”

“I have to say the Zipper because it turns a lot and it’s like rides at Worlds of Fun.”

“Every one at the carnival.”

Comments

scopi_guy 3 years, 8 months ago

Hooking school to meet up with the guy that puts up and takes down the Octopuss.

Benjamin Roberts 3 years, 8 months ago

The Toilet Paper Roll - the over the top part; under is intolerable. This ride is usually needed 15 minutes after buying anything deep fried on a stick.

mr_right_wing 3 years, 8 months ago

I'll stick to the rides that stay put year round at WOF.

(Not to mention those carnival prices have gone up, KC is more safe and not much more $$$.)

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

Spinning on the bar stool at the brewery.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

It's getting to the point where the people that go to the fair are a lot more scary looking than the carnies. My wife and I drove by last night. Among other attractive people, we saw this couple with a little boy, probably about 5. The boy had a mohawk, his mom was wearing a tight tank top that said "Talk Shat, Get Hit!" on the front, and her boyfriend had on a gangsta t-shirt that said "Hustler". We were tempted to drive past a few more times. Talk about free entertainment....

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Actually, I'm going on my annual favorite ride tonight. Bob Dylan and His Band. Starlight Amphitheater. 8 pm. Oh. Yeah.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

The Spacehog 360. I have one in my living room. It doesn't do anything. You just drop a lot of acid and sit there. Believe me, it's one hell of a ride.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

my first answer would have been removed so I went ahead and removed it. I dont' ride no more....it makes me queasy. I haven't got on anything but the momma since I went to that world of fun place with some kids...and they made me get on something called a mamba...I haven't been the same since that day.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement. (hat tip to milkman_dan)

raginredhead 3 years, 8 months ago

The one that doesn't fly apart while I'm riding on it. Gotta be careful of those carnies.

Boston_Corbett 3 years, 8 months ago

Matthew looks a little stressed. Maybe he just got off The Puke Slinger.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

A toss up between marriage and fatherhood.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Do they still have the octopus? I enjoy watching that one more than riding it. I call it 'The Puke Slinger'