Previous   Next

Will Alex Rodriguez retire as the all-time home run leader in Major League Baseball?

Asked at Royal Crest Lanes, 933 Iowa on August 5, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I don’t believe he will. I think Albert Pujols will probably do it.”

“No, he doesn’t have enough years left to catch the leader.”

“He probably will, though it’s going to be tainted … because of the steroid use.”

“I don’t think so. I think somebody is going to pass him.”

Comments

Bob Kraxner 3 years, 8 months ago

With or without steroid use, baseball is as boring as watching golf on television. The only time its worth watching is in October, during the playoffs and the world series. However in this day and age of overpaid, attention hungry players it has, like all other stick and ball sports, become a cheap imitation of what the game was originally. Considering that everyone who has passed Henry Aaron (so far) has been proven to have used steroids, then Aaron himself should be the official homerun leader. Until somebody can hit more than he did without cheating, then he will always be the leader in the eyes of any true baseball fan.

hungryhustler 3 years, 8 months ago

(the third guy), "Nobody F&*ks with the Jesus."

He probably has a purple jumpsuit.

jstthefacts 3 years, 8 months ago

No, the juice is to hard to come by these days.

jhawks1234 3 years, 8 months ago

Unfortunately Howard and Pujols probably won't pass A-Rod simply because pitchers now don't challenge these two and they get very few pitches to hit a game. Steroids or not A-Rod still is one of the most talented players to ever play the game and if you think those pitchers he was homering off of were not on P.E.D's at the same time then you are just plain stupid.

schula 3 years, 8 months ago

I agree with Ricky that Howard and Pujols are going to pass him. I can't stand A-Rod!

Ricky_Vaughn 3 years, 8 months ago

It's not easy to do by any standard:

15 years @ 50 HR/year = 750, but nobody hits 50 every year, not even juiced up Barry and A-Rod.

25 years @ 30 HR/year = 750. You have to be good for a loooong time to even have a chance.

Ricky_Vaughn 3 years, 8 months ago

I think A-Rod can pass BARRY BONDS before he retires. Last time I checked, 762 was greater than 755 or 714. If the era was full of steriods, he was still the best player in the era. A-Rod is too.

However, I agree that Pujols could eventually leapfrog him. Ryan Howard is a possibility too, since he hits 40-50 a year and is young...

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

Roller Derby, folks, that's the sport of the future.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

I can drink beer on my back stoop.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

You can drink beer at the ballpark.....???? Lots of good things to eat. Did I mention beer. If you don't like baseball you might be Al Quaida. Could be part French.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

If I wanted to see all that spitting and scratching I would watch soccer.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

The Babe rules. He hit most of them while consuming a dozen hotdogs and a six pack of beer.

Did it the Merican way.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 8 months ago

You ever try to email a question into Cabella's? It's almost as difficult as......a couple of other places I could drop kick off of a tall place. You type in your email address,pick a category, your question, and hit submit question.You think you're done. Next page comes up, wants some more info and you must click to open a user account so to speak..no number or phone required or anything...then a new page where they try to stall with prefab options to select and read to solve the questions, that have nothing what so ever to do with what I wrote them about. At least they only gave me one screen with 5 of those, with the option at the bottom there to submit away. I guess they know better than to mess too much with people who are likely to be armed, it could get ugly. ;)

Almost wants me want to make a phone call to tie up some of their time duplicating the info request. eg

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

As long as A Rod is still getting the hook up from being a player (or being a player because he can get the hook up) he will continue to play. Oh and he plays baseball too? Really? I thought he was just concerned about getting to home plate...

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

A Rod a home run leader? nope

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

And the first 2 could at least share some food with Troy. They've got that "I just inhaled 9 cheeseburgers and 6 Cokes" smile on their faces.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

3 looks really hungry. He shouldn't have retired.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

Careful, Multi. I posted a pretty innocuous comment yesterday concerning the meeting of a watermelon and a car. Lindsey removed it. I read the harrassing comments guide and there is a new ammendment: "Anything that offends Lindsey, Bethany, or whatever the hell her name is will be removed." Please come back, JK. You were mean to me but at least you have a sense of humor.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 8 months ago

3 of these people appear to be familiar with the OTS, don't they, hehehe..they've got that look in their eyes.

Now..if you hear of someone who puts off getting a smelly toe checked out despite the urging of their RN wife, and they go out, get drunk, pass out and the dog chews their toe off...AND it gets news coverage...be sure to go to their local paper to read the thread and see what the locals say, complete with people who come on to defend them of course!

Can't buy tickets for this folks, it's a free for all. http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/08/dog_eats_rockford_mans_big_toe.html