Previous   Next

Will Alex Rodriguez retire as the all-time home run leader in Major League Baseball?

Asked at Royal Crest Lanes, 933 Iowa on August 5, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I don’t believe he will. I think Albert Pujols will probably do it.”

“No, he doesn’t have enough years left to catch the leader.”

“He probably will, though it’s going to be tainted … because of the steroid use.”

“I don’t think so. I think somebody is going to pass him.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

3 of these people appear to be familiar with the OTS, don't they, hehehe..they've got that look in their eyes.

Now..if you hear of someone who puts off getting a smelly toe checked out despite the urging of their RN wife, and they go out, get drunk, pass out and the dog chews their toe off...AND it gets news coverage...be sure to go to their local paper to read the thread and see what the locals say, complete with people who come on to defend them of course!

Can't buy tickets for this folks, it's a free for all. http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/08/dog_eats_rockford_mans_big_toe.html

Mary Darst 4 years ago

That was on our local news last night. Gross!!!

Boston_Corbett 4 years ago

It's censorship, I tell ya.

jonas_opines 4 years ago

Ty Cobb rules. He did it while being a hated jerk who jammed his cleats into anyone who got in his way.

He was just ahead of his time.

B^)>

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

I think your argument applies to Barry Bonds too...

jonas_opines 4 years ago

Baseball is as boring as mom and apple pie. Now Blernsball, that's a sport!

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

Roller Derby, folks, that's the sport of the future.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

I think A-Rod can pass BARRY BONDS before he retires. Last time I checked, 762 was greater than 755 or 714. If the era was full of steriods, he was still the best player in the era. A-Rod is too.

However, I agree that Pujols could eventually leapfrog him. Ryan Howard is a possibility too, since he hits 40-50 a year and is young...

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

Scratch that, Howard and Pujols are both 30. Albert's ahead 393 to 245.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

It's not easy to do by any standard:

15 years @ 50 HR/year = 750, but nobody hits 50 every year, not even juiced up Barry and A-Rod.

25 years @ 30 HR/year = 750. You have to be good for a loooong time to even have a chance.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

Albert's close to 400 HR right now and is 30.

A-Rod just hit 600 and is 34. Can Albert even catch A-Rod? He has to hit 50 a year for the next 4 years to maintain A-Rod's pace.

schula 4 years ago

I agree with Ricky that Howard and Pujols are going to pass him. I can't stand A-Rod!

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

I've never liked A-Rod. However, I do respect his ability to play the game of baseball. He's one of the best ever.

jhawks1234 4 years ago

Unfortunately Howard and Pujols probably won't pass A-Rod simply because pitchers now don't challenge these two and they get very few pitches to hit a game. Steroids or not A-Rod still is one of the most talented players to ever play the game and if you think those pitchers he was homering off of were not on P.E.D's at the same time then you are just plain stupid.

Ricky_Vaughn 4 years ago

Pitchers don't seem to walk these two as much they walked Barry... They're getting more pitches to hit than he did.

jhawks1234 4 years ago

In Howard's case, he chases too many pitches out of the zone. They walked Barry because he really had no one behind him that was dangerous at the plate.

hungryhustler 4 years ago

(the third guy), "Nobody F&*ks with the Jesus."

He probably has a purple jumpsuit.