Previous   Next

Should Lindsay Lohan have served the full 90 days in jail?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 3, 2010

Browse the archives

“Absolutely. … She has been getting away with stuff way too long and gotten way too much preferential treatment.”

“I don’t really care at all because she gets too much publicity. ‘Parent Trap’ was great, she was cute for a while, and now it’s just too much”

“She should have. I mean, she’s a normal citizen. Just because she’s a celebrity does not mean she shouldn’t have served the 90 days.”

“Yeah, she should have. … She shouldn’t have special treatment. She broke the law.”

Comments

Steve Miller 3 years, 8 months ago

She has money, she'll buy her way out of everything she can. It's all bout money...

snowday 3 years, 8 months ago

I don't think she should get preferential treatment and should have served her days (actually, she might have insisted on serving her days because now everyone hates her), but somewhere we have to look at some of the pleasure we derive in the eye candy. That movie about her having luck and unluck was not Fellini's 8.5 and I'm sure she'd be the first to admit it, but quite honestly she's cute and endearing in it. Perhaps the camera does steal the soul.

yankeevet 3 years, 8 months ago

its all about the money..............

grammaddy 3 years, 8 months ago

How much time did Paris Hilton spend in jail.? Did LindsAy get to keep her cell phone like Paris did?

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 8 months ago

autie, our golden fruit cake tramp is LindsEy....that regular fruit cake tramp in Califonica is LindsAy. Fixed that for ya. Of course, I don't think snaps handed out any golden fruit cakes since she's been here, so she'll probably take this as and insult and yank it too. ;)

missunderestimate 3 years, 8 months ago

The real breaking news is that Bristol moved back home.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 8 months ago

This Breaking News was just up there: Jaeger bonds out of jail posted 28 minutes ago
I clicked on it when I got done with my work, and it says Page not found. waiting......

Pywacket 3 years, 8 months ago

I need a cool and fruity treat.

TrooGrit 3 years, 8 months ago

After all her violations of the law, she'd do 180 in county! What are you talking about? Of course she's used her so called star power to lessen her sentence. Justice isn't free in America, but it is deaf, dumb and blind, and in certain cases, for sale to the highest bidder!

Lock her up and treat her like an ordinary citizen, but oh, I forget, she's in La-La Land, so we treat her like all California criminals, like, um, you know, it's no big deal, we can let you go now. Valley girl mentality.

Dixie Jones 3 years, 8 months ago

SERIOUSLY ? who cares? who really would care if she were not a so called star?

couranna1 3 years, 8 months ago

who really cares. If she ends up in rehab that is much better than jail for her

Liberty275 3 years, 8 months ago

She's making a good example. And the judge is making a good example of going #1 on the 14th amendment to his toilet tissue.

If she was a nobody, she would never have served a day.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

From the "One time at band camp..." stories:

The band camp attendee who had been reported missing (see OHT for July 31, 1970) was reported to be found and in “fairly good” condition after she fell from a car on a gravel road near Lone Star Lake. The driver reported that the back door was not securely closed, and it had flown open when he had gone around a curve, causing the young woman and another passenger to fall out.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

uh, TOB, you have made a variety of typing errors today...more than not..are you hanging out in your mom's basement again today?

Bob Kraxner 3 years, 8 months ago

I agree with BABBOY..... how and why should any of the trash in Hollywood ever be newsworthy, regardless of what their behavior is ? Hollywood, and a whole lot of the rest of California is full of nothing but trash, regardless of what their income is, what neighborhood they live in, or what nationality they may be.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

And I'm totally shocked and appalled that this is a perfect star-paparazzi inspired poll and yet there are not insect looking sunglasses. In fact, no sunglasses at all. And on Mass Street no less? I'm so upset...

collared_greens 3 years, 8 months ago

Wait, you're telling me a photographer/reporter got paid to ask this?

Boston_Corbett 3 years, 8 months ago

Where is refudiate when we need her?

ivalueamerica 3 years, 8 months ago

I do not think she got special treatment, everyone that goes there can get out early because of over-crowding and good behavior. Now that is an issue in and of itself, but Ms. Lohan is not responsible for that..only her behavior.

I hope this scared the hell out of her and she wakes up before she becomes another statistic, but for God´s sake, whatever she does..please do not let her make another movie.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

"Cheddar, very sharp cheddar."

The kind where is just crumbles. I hear you, Snap.

BABBOY 3 years, 8 months ago

What is this, TMZ?

I have to read this crap on AOL or on MSN or all the stupid internet "news" sites that put Lindsey Lohan or Mel Gibson or whoever ahead of real substantive news stories.

If fhe ljworld holds itself out to be relevent, then asking this question is BS.

I could give a flying crap about Lindsey Lohan or any of those clowns.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

"what were you thinking C.E.?" - somedude20

Thongs, the Olsen twins, and trying to keep from Lindsey Lohan-ing.

That's what he was thinking.

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

all I can say is that on behalf of red heads, we are open to trading her away out of our clan. we would be willing to take: Grimace, Wilford Brimley, Sondra Locke (what were you thinking C.E.?) or even Yahoo Serious but LL is no longer in the red head tribe.

Paul R Getto 3 years, 8 months ago

I voted for her this morning. Certified crazy is better than the alternative, sneaky crazy with a hypocrital mean streak.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

autie, Come on, she sued George Bush and the Department of Homeland Security for conspiring against her and her family members, causing her husband's wrongful death, attempting to bring about Ms. Heffington's death, and causing severe emotional distress. She contends that President George W. Bush issued a National Security Letter against her, in an attempt to stop her nonprofit activities "which exposed government fraud."

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

They should use here as a lab rat to test how she is still alive with all dem dar STDs. With all the itching and burning and whatnot.

prospector 3 years, 8 months ago

I would convict her for impersonating an actor and throw the book at her.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

Joan Heffington said “The state of Kansas is operating under a dictatorial French law that the CIA helped establish here in the 1950s"

Anybody distrusts those damn cheese eating surrender monkeys is all right in my book.

CWGOKU 3 years, 8 months ago

Ship her overseas, I am sick of hearing about her. And I wish she would quit texting me. Between she and Kim Kardashian I can't get any rest.
Lindsay... what a waste of talent and time.

demonfury 3 years, 8 months ago

Lindsey who? I can't believe the news coverage being given to a spoiled 20-something yr old. Here are a few 20 year-olds worth knowing about: Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Chase Stanley 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew King 23, ...Christopher Goeke 23, & Sheldon Tate... 27. These 20-somethings gave their lives for you this week in the line of duty, while this whiny little tramp gets to go home early because of her celebrity status. She's a joke, and should have the entire 90 days in jail. The US Justice system makes me sick.

g_rock 3 years, 8 months ago

Only if she has to serve it in the general population. Being in solitary is not the same. She needs to be scared with a smack down from some butch chicks. And she would have great stories for later in life.

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

now get it straight R_I.....our gal is LindsEy......that fruit cake tramp in Califonica is LindsAy.

jonas_opines 3 years, 8 months ago

I don't care, not one bit.

Question: Does anyone hear know of a good roofer? Anyone had a positive experience with one here in town?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 8 months ago

I love the way new words are assimilated into the American vernacular. Now you no longer have premature ejaculation, you Lindsey Lohan-ed.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 8 months ago

She keeps yanking my innocent comments. Keep her ass in jail until she learns how to play well with others.

Tom Shewmon 3 years, 8 months ago

Wasn't Whitney Lohan let out due to overcrowding?

autie 3 years, 8 months ago

Lindsey is a sensitive girl and just needs some understanding and love. It may take her awhile to adjust to the wry sense of humor some people have and not get so quick to pull their comments...........oooh.....you mean the other Lindsay..sorry.

OonlyBonly 3 years, 8 months ago

anybody consider she didn't get any preferential treatment not afforded to other high-visibility tenants of the Los Angeles Jail....... Thought not.

JackFrost 3 years, 8 months ago

I like the Iran idea. A good old fashioned keelhauling would be nice, too. Except she's so toxic and skanky she might sink the ship.

seppuku 3 years, 8 months ago

left in jail and visited by every at-risk kid in the L.A. school district. Then ship her to Iran with a note that she committed adultery.