Previous   Next

Do you belong to an auto club?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 25, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I do not; I’m cheap.”

“I do it because my mother pays for it; it gives her peace of mind.”

“No, I don’t because I get roadside assistance on my cell phone for $2.99 a month 000 and they towed my car twice within the span of 40 minutes.”

“I do not because I’ve never thought about it before.”

Comments

edjayhawk 3 years, 12 months ago

I am a member of the Saab car club in K.C.

windchimes 3 years, 12 months ago

Lawrence Area British Car Club member here!

autie 3 years, 12 months ago

just as long as I don't tell them about taking my wife fishing...

autie 3 years, 12 months ago

OK,, so I'll go find a back door now. Now there is a club I think I could get along with.

autie 3 years, 12 months ago

do the OTS Gods not want us to watch the video? What kind of bad karma is out there today? roe, did you get unceremoniously jerked, or was it brother spacehog?

spacehog 3 years, 12 months ago

spacehog 3 years, 12 months ago

I think I just shad myself. Autie would understand this.

tomatogrower 3 years, 12 months ago

Many people should check their car insurance. Auto clubs are mostly for roadside assistance, but many full coverage insurance plans offer the same thing. I wouldn't do without roadside insurance again, especially now that I'm getting older. It's been very helpful that last few years.

thebcman 3 years, 12 months ago

yep. the owners of the honda civics with the potentially lethal air bags.

autie 3 years, 12 months ago

I don't belong to no clubs. I wouldn't be in a club that would have a guy like me as a member.

RoeDapple 3 years, 12 months ago

My car club is about 20 inches long and tapered from 1 1/2 in. up to 2 1/2 in. thick. the slim end is wrapped in electrical tape and the thick end has a 4 in. section of steel pipe around it. I find it handy for . .uh . . .holding up the hood of my four colored '76 F-150. "Club" has such a crude sound to it. I call it my "multi-tool"

nobody1793 3 years, 12 months ago

Yes. There is a fine auto club in Nantucket Where I routinely took my rust bucket The owner's daughter looked good when she leaned over the hood... ...and, uh... did a fine job of repairing my car?

spacehog 3 years, 12 months ago

No, but I have one of them auto clubs. I lock it to my steering wheel for when the repo guys come around. Joe is the worst. I was bribing him with drugs so he wouldn't take my car. One night he showed up and said his boss OD'd on some of the weed I gave him(OD on weed, good one), so he had to take my car. So I unhooked my auto club and clocked him in the head with it.

spacehog 3 years, 12 months ago

Pip pip, cheerio. I shan't be joining an auto club as I've adopted a British accent As that scrubber Madonna has. as has that scrubber from yesterday. Oy, I got me finger stuck in me bumm.