Previous   Next

Do you own a weather radio?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on April 23, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I don’t … I just never really thought I would need one.”

“No, I do not, but I do have an iPhone.”

“No, I got a scanner on my iPhone.”

“No, I do not.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 7 months ago

yup. on our third one. first one didn't work hardly. second one sounded like three emergency vehicles suddenly racing through the bedroom at 3 am.then we would get take cover advice for counties on the other side of the state. both of them got the ball peen adjustment. the one we have now is still on probation but is working out so far

M. Lindeman 4 years, 7 months ago

Yes we do and when it goes off, it could wake the dead.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

I stand on the porch & look up at the sky (while wearing my bike helmet).

gphawk89 4 years, 7 months ago

I have one, but my spouse made me put it away because it scared her awake when it went off in the night. Isn't that what it's suppose to do?

Kontum1972 4 years, 7 months ago

i have a Maine Coon cat..he works fine

Kontum1972 4 years, 7 months ago

and i know heather tesch....personally

ruraljayhawk 4 years, 7 months ago

Just check weather.forecast.gov/ for active warnings and live radar on storms, wind, rain etc. This is the site where most radio and t.v. stations get their info. Piece-o-cake.

bearded_gnome 4 years, 7 months ago

PS, if I don't show up on here, for god's sakes, someone get over here and clean off my computer's history immediately, will you? Oh hell, just take all the computers with you, just to be safe. Clean them all at your place. Have fun. ;)

---okay, so multi you don't want us to take the histories and post them on here like blogs??? you could have the most popular blog ever that way!

Spacehog, you wanna share some of those goooooooooooooooooood meds?

have a weather radio but is turned off. it is even one of the new kind you can program so it doesn't go off for storms way off in Chastity Springs.
however, NWS was setting it off for 60MPH plus penny sized hail FGS!
too many superfluous alerts.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 7 months ago

No, but it is my birthday today so if anyone wants to get me one, by all means, be my guest!!

SpeedRacer 4 years, 7 months ago

I had one for a short time but it went off so often it met an untimely end...I still need to fix that hole.