Previous   Next

Do you own a weather radio?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on April 23, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, I don’t … I just never really thought I would need one.”

“No, I do not, but I do have an iPhone.”

“No, I got a scanner on my iPhone.”

“No, I do not.”

Comments

SpeedRacer 3 years, 11 months ago

I had one for a short time but it went off so often it met an untimely end...I still need to fix that hole.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 11 months ago

No, but it is my birthday today so if anyone wants to get me one, by all means, be my guest!!

bearded_gnome 3 years, 11 months ago

PS, if I don't show up on here, for god's sakes, someone get over here and clean off my computer's history immediately, will you? Oh hell, just take all the computers with you, just to be safe. Clean them all at your place. Have fun. ;)

---okay, so multi you don't want us to take the histories and post them on here like blogs??? you could have the most popular blog ever that way!

Spacehog, you wanna share some of those goooooooooooooooooood meds?

have a weather radio but is turned off. it is even one of the new kind you can program so it doesn't go off for storms way off in Chastity Springs.
however, NWS was setting it off for 60MPH plus penny sized hail FGS!
too many superfluous alerts.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 11 months ago

No. I live in a possibly 100-150 years old church, no one can tell me yet, and that 'ancient smell' in the confined closet I'd take shelter in, would probably kill me before the tornado got here. They'd find my corpse one day, and have to check my computer history to know what day I died.

ruraljayhawk 3 years, 11 months ago

Just check weather.forecast.gov/ for active warnings and live radar on storms, wind, rain etc. This is the site where most radio and t.v. stations get their info. Piece-o-cake.

spacehog 3 years, 11 months ago

According to NPR, this rain we're having is full of MSG and other presevatives. I believe everything they say.

spacehog 3 years, 11 months ago

Don’t you know They’re talkin’ bout a revolution It sounds like a whisper Poor people gonna rise up And get their share Poor people gonna rise up And take what’s theirs

Don’t you know You better run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run Oh I said you better Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run -Some guy on NPR

Kontum1972 3 years, 11 months ago

and i know heather tesch....personally

Kontum1972 3 years, 11 months ago

i have a Maine Coon cat..he works fine

spacehog 3 years, 11 months ago

Ben is cool. Straight and to the point. I actually did have one, but it made this horrible noise every time it rained so I let my dog eat it.

spacehog 3 years, 11 months ago

No, but I have toilet paper. I only listen to NPR on my ham radio. But I do have a police scanner. I listen to it all day. I'm a nosey hick, and everything is my business.

g_rock 3 years, 11 months ago

I sleep in the basement so that I don't need to take shelter when I'm sleeping....

whats_going_on 3 years, 11 months ago

I had one, and it didn't work even ONCE.

BABBOY 3 years, 11 months ago

It came with my car. I love it. But, I travel a lot and can pretty much get anywhere in this silly state blindfolded.

(Oh the joy of driving an S class Mercedes with an Obama sticker on the back in SW Kansas. Very popular with the pickups. Appreciation is shown by getting as close as they can to my bumper – I guess so they can be closer to the sticker. But, fortunately, the Benz has close to 500 hp (or something outrageous like that -- it is just very fast) so they do not get to look at it very long)

CWGOKU 3 years, 11 months ago

No. I do what Snap does. Good one Bob, thank you for the morning laugh.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 11 months ago

No. The NWS is just another example of ineffective out-of-touch mis-ran bloated money sucking government, I listen to Ron Paul Revolution Radio on my cell phone @ 512-646-4405.

prospector 3 years, 12 months ago

Weather is not a problem down in the mine.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 12 months ago

I did, but it didn't play Skynard, so I tossed it.

gphawk89 3 years, 12 months ago

I have one, but my spouse made me put it away because it scared her awake when it went off in the night. Isn't that what it's suppose to do?

autie 3 years, 12 months ago

We gots a radio out on the deck that has sat there for ten years or better. It is pretty weathered. Survived years of wind, rain and snow...and it still works. It only gets the one Coffeyville station, but it works.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 12 months ago

I stand on the porch & look up at the sky (while wearing my bike helmet).

M. Lindeman 3 years, 12 months ago

Yes we do and when it goes off, it could wake the dead.

RoeDapple 3 years, 12 months ago

yup. on our third one. first one didn't work hardly. second one sounded like three emergency vehicles suddenly racing through the bedroom at 3 am.then we would get take cover advice for counties on the other side of the state. both of them got the ball peen adjustment. the one we have now is still on probation but is working out so far