Previous   Next

What’s your No. 1 priority during spring cleaning?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on April 19, 2010

Browse the archives

“Getting rid of children’s outgrown clothing and toys.”

“Cleaning out the garage. All the winter stuff has accumulated, and it’s time to get it clean.”

“I like to go through my closet and clean out all my old clothes and make sure all my winter clothes are cleaned and stored.”

“Fertilizing the pasture and the yard.”

Comments

IndusRiver 3 years, 12 months ago

Taking the "signs for public display" down and washing the windows.

spacehog 3 years, 12 months ago

misterlee, why are you always so serious? You cracked me up when you were the Midnight Chicken! One, two, three, Look Out Mister Lee!!!!!!!!!

75x55 3 years, 12 months ago

Yes indeed, snap - the mice and shrews get thick in these here parts...

somedude20 3 years, 12 months ago

cleansing of genitals and pits

consumer1 3 years, 12 months ago

Sittin on the couch watching a John Wayne movie and asking the little woman to take a break from all that cleanin to fetch me nuther beer and rub my feet.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 12 months ago

labmonkey, I'm loading 2.7mm Kolibri & .600 Nitro Express. Getting ready for both small and large game.

Bill Lee 3 years, 12 months ago

I moved last month, so as I've unpacked boxes, I've thrown out the sutff I should have discarded before I moved it. The good things have found new homes except for about six more boxes, and I'm working on those.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 12 months ago

autie, I really wish you would not even want to use that feature they have corrupted and ruined the "Award Winning LJW" site with, but if you must, click the text body of the reply...

Deja Coffin 3 years, 12 months ago

Our spring cleaning is getting the yard ready for the kids and getting the garden started. I don't worry too much about organizing the house because we're hardly in it once the weather is nice.... I'll save that for the cold weather.

autie 3 years, 12 months ago

So..on a thread when someone replies on that collapsed deal...when I come bopping along later and the end of the sentence is cut off...how do you get to see the whole thing?

labmonkey 3 years, 12 months ago

snap....I could use some 30.06, 9mm, and some 7.62x54.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 12 months ago

I've got loads of once-fired brass that needs to get cleaned & reloaded.

prospector 3 years, 12 months ago

Taking care of the Miabock when it comes out at the brewery..

Chris Ogle 3 years, 12 months ago

Clean the bugs off Motorcycle..... don't worry tree-huggers, they are already dead

Bob Kraxner 3 years, 12 months ago

Spring Cleaning checklist: 1) Run laptop through pots and pans cycle in dish washer. 2) Move La-z-boy to front porch. 3)Start-up ice maker. 4) Fill ice maker halfway to top with beer. 5) Clean binoculars. 6) plug in weather radio. 7)Wait for tornado warning. 8) Open all doors and windows, as tornado approaches. 9) Buckle seatbelts on La-z-boy. 10) Open cold beer and hang on tight.

Spring cleaning is finished.

denak 3 years, 12 months ago

Sorting and get rid of stuff. It is amazing how much junk we manage to accumulate in only a few short months.

spacehog 3 years, 12 months ago

I usually take my computer apart and run it through the dishwasher. I've heard it extends the life of the computer.

nobody1793 3 years, 12 months ago

I turn over my computer and try to shake the internet out. Just like dust, it keeps coming back.

spacehog 3 years, 12 months ago

Not bad, Roe. I have tinfloil covering all my widows, shiny side out, just like Elvis. He drugged all night and slept all day. The first thing I do is put all my furniture on the lawn so I can find all the pills I lost over the winter. I leave it out there all summer. The neighbors dig it.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 12 months ago

This one's for you Vicki. ;) Here's your Monday morning is dragging, put your arms in the air and dance around the office music! Crank it up and kick the shoes off, it's 1969 once again, yeah! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REj9ct...