Previous   Next

How did you file your taxes?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 16, 2010

Browse the archives

“I did it online. … I do mine online every year because it’s easy.”

“We have an accountant. He filed it for us.”

“I e-filed. …. We have an accountant, and that’s how he did it.”

“I used my dad’s business accountant.”

Comments

autie 4 years ago

Uh...1029....are you a danged old anarchist? If you dont pay your taxes...get off of my interstate highway....that there is what we calls reverse mooching...worster than welfare moochers...

1029 4 years ago

I filed them under "nice try, big government". They aint getting a single penny of my hard-earned money. And if they ever try to hunt me down and steal my money, I wont hesitate to exercise my second amendment rights.

autie 4 years ago

right on,...right on man. when the hog shows up.....right on.

spacehog 4 years ago

Answer me this. Why hasn't the Tea Party been shut down for domestic terrorism? And don't giving me any of that freedom of speech and expression crap. Evidenty it's permissable, as long as you're a fat, close-minded, homophobe, racist, Sarah Palin-Rush Limbaugh worshiper. Timothy McVeigh would have been a perfect T-Bagger. He probably started the whole thing.

spacehog 4 years ago

I'm gonna hand deliver mine next year, like that dude that flew his airplane into The IRS building in Austin. Good effort on his part.

spacehog 4 years ago

I don't have to pay taxes. I'm one 'a them Constitutionalists. We don't pay taxes. My only exceptions are I'm pro-choice and I support euthanasia. Dr. Jack Kevorkian is a friend of mine. But I have 500,000 rounds of ammo buried in the backyard and my front door is boobytrapped, in case the Feds ever go Waco on me.

CWGOKU 4 years ago

Thanks Spacehog, that means alot coming from the man! Boilermakers... the only way to go.

spacehog 4 years ago

You rock, CW! My favorite combo. Malt liquor and Jack. Do it boilermaker. Knock down a shot of Jack and chase it with a beer. It'll make them both last longer.

spacehog 4 years ago

Speaking of Main St., man this town is dry right now. I have to go to T-Town or Mo-Town to get my stuff lately. The best corner is at 63rd and Troost. Ask for G-Boy. Christ, that guy has a whole pharmacy underneath one of the front stoops. Plus, he dances hyphy, like me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ohlJk...

I always sample everything first, and I mean everything. Last time I had to drive home under the influence of toilet juice, weed, crank, crack, blow, smack, ketamine, ecstacy, vicodin, oxycontin, and airplane glue. But I'm pretty sure I was flying, not driving. Good job, LPD. Clean all the good stuff out of Lawrence so I have to leave town, then drive back loaded. Really smart idea.......

spacehog 4 years ago

Roe, I know we know each other. I thinK I saw you at the Pink Garter, this old, cool strip joint down on Main St., KCMO. The girls still wear pasties. I bet it's not here any more. We were both pretty loaded.

spacehog 4 years ago

Ret, did you mean Erykah Badu? She's is milfy! She got nekked in Dealy Plaza in her latest video. Then someone blew her head off. Everyone was pissed at her for doing something like that in such an abominal, wretched place. I'm referring to the state of Texas, not Dealy Plaza. I thought it was hot. Sexiness and gore, all in one hot minute.

Ceallach 4 years ago

TurboTax of course, just like Timmy G.

CWGOKU 4 years ago

With a gun to my head. Really, through Our CPA, quite a while back and have already spent the return on beer and Jack and a few home improvements.

autie 4 years ago

is that one of them iceland volcano things? I cain't understand nothing they say but that gots lots of purty girls there.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

How do you pronounce Eyjafjallajökull?

Violet 4 years ago

Tasha works at the Prairie Park Nature center - at least part of her job is leading a preschool class, teaching the kiddos about nature and animals and she is awesome! Very knowledgeable and great with the children (always fully clothed and no hickory nuts or full moons involved!) - go Tasha!

g_rock 4 years ago

I did mine electronically about a month ago. I'm one of those folks that usually does them as early in January as possible but I was still working on an appeal (a contested write off that I finally won on) from last years taxes back in January. I had to wait for that pain to wear off first!

headdoctor 4 years ago

Very carefully and in the old way of paper and US mail. It pains me greatly to think that they want me to spend a lot more than just time in filing for our so called voluntary tax system. I refuse to spend the money for the computer programs. Most of which wont do what I need them to do, nor will I pay the extortion fees of an accountant who will rack up my bill arguing with me over categories of expense write offs. Even if I make a mistake, I can pay for a lot of mistakes cheaper than paying them for their services.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Did anyone else see the irony of the State lecturing the citizens regarding filing electronically as opposed to mailing returns? The cover sheet on the down loaded forms claims a paper return costs the state 5 times more to process than an electronic return. I totally agree, makes sense!! Just can't get over the fact that the STATE is lecturing US on wasting tax dollars!

Kirk Larson 4 years ago

Filled out the forms on line, but printed the returns and took them to the Post Office to see the Alfred Packer Memorial String Band!

Bill Lee 4 years ago

Filed online yesterday. Will get a nice refund from the feds, but it cost me more to file my state return than my refund will be.

autie 4 years ago

Naturalist? I wonder how that job description reads? I wonder if she eat hickory nuts and cattails? Dancing naked under a full moon.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

Leave it to a thin little pancake eater to use a rasp where they should have been using a bastard file.

jonas_opines 4 years ago

Oh, and I filed electronically, at my job, for free. Got a great refund, too. Good to go through training to prepare taxes and know all the current allowable credits and deductions. I think I'll just do my own taxes from here on out.

jonas_opines 4 years ago

With the cropping of the photo, and the listed occupation of "naturalist," I'm forced to wonder if Tasha is engaging in nudist behavior.

autie 4 years ago

with a wood rasp, of course. We filed a little here, a little there..until we got down to a manageable point.

And I paid them!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOaStr...

RoeDapple 4 years ago

"Blaaarrrgghh!"What Do You Mean— “Taxes”?! "I've been saving all my receipts," I announced with pride, waiting for my gold star. A few months later, my mother asked me not to call him anymore. "We can't pay for The Family Accountant anymore," she said.Holy bananas. Really?I was too embarrassed to hit up a friend for help.I pictured myself in an orange jumpsuit. Could I even blog from jail? Probably not. People want you to suffer for your sins. Dangerously close to the April 15th deadline, I called my parents about this issue."Panic-panic-panic!" I howled into my crappy Samsung.When you're a precious little snowflake, you're a precious little snowflake. I guess every little snowflake wakes up at some point. Gosh, I feel like an idiot these days! Taxes are for people in suits.Good luck with your forms. Forms are evil. I don't wear G-strings. That is highway robbery. Literally! Thanks everyone for the little nuggets.Really, a happy medium would be best. It remains elusive." . . That was fun . . .