Previous   Next

How did you file your taxes?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 16, 2010

Browse the archives

“I did it online. … I do mine online every year because it’s easy.”

“We have an accountant. He filed it for us.”

“I e-filed. …. We have an accountant, and that’s how he did it.”

“I used my dad’s business accountant.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

"Blaaarrrgghh!"What Do You Mean— “Taxes”?! "I've been saving all my receipts," I announced with pride, waiting for my gold star. A few months later, my mother asked me not to call him anymore. "We can't pay for The Family Accountant anymore," she said.Holy bananas. Really?I was too embarrassed to hit up a friend for help.I pictured myself in an orange jumpsuit. Could I even blog from jail? Probably not. People want you to suffer for your sins. Dangerously close to the April 15th deadline, I called my parents about this issue."Panic-panic-panic!" I howled into my crappy Samsung.When you're a precious little snowflake, you're a precious little snowflake. I guess every little snowflake wakes up at some point. Gosh, I feel like an idiot these days! Taxes are for people in suits.Good luck with your forms. Forms are evil. I don't wear G-strings. That is highway robbery. Literally! Thanks everyone for the little nuggets.Really, a happy medium would be best. It remains elusive." . . That was fun . . .

denak 4 years, 8 months ago

lol oh Roe stop, we all know you are just a jealous, sexually-repressed failed stripper. Why do you have to be so "mean" to little snowflake. Shame on you.:)

Ceallach 4 years, 8 months ago

Poor Roe, was you inner snowflake wounded?

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

(I'm so transparent . . . . little snowflake that I am)

jonas_opines 4 years, 8 months ago

With the cropping of the photo, and the listed occupation of "naturalist," I'm forced to wonder if Tasha is engaging in nudist behavior.

jonas_opines 4 years, 8 months ago

Oh, and I filed electronically, at my job, for free. Got a great refund, too. Good to go through training to prepare taxes and know all the current allowable credits and deductions. I think I'll just do my own taxes from here on out.

Bill Lee 4 years, 8 months ago

Filed online yesterday. Will get a nice refund from the feds, but it cost me more to file my state return than my refund will be.

Kirk Larson 4 years, 8 months ago

Filled out the forms on line, but printed the returns and took them to the Post Office to see the Alfred Packer Memorial String Band!

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

Did anyone else see the irony of the State lecturing the citizens regarding filing electronically as opposed to mailing returns? The cover sheet on the down loaded forms claims a paper return costs the state 5 times more to process than an electronic return. I totally agree, makes sense!! Just can't get over the fact that the STATE is lecturing US on wasting tax dollars!

headdoctor 4 years, 8 months ago

Very carefully and in the old way of paper and US mail. It pains me greatly to think that they want me to spend a lot more than just time in filing for our so called voluntary tax system. I refuse to spend the money for the computer programs. Most of which wont do what I need them to do, nor will I pay the extortion fees of an accountant who will rack up my bill arguing with me over categories of expense write offs. Even if I make a mistake, I can pay for a lot of mistakes cheaper than paying them for their services.

Violet 4 years, 8 months ago

Tasha works at the Prairie Park Nature center - at least part of her job is leading a preschool class, teaching the kiddos about nature and animals and she is awesome! Very knowledgeable and great with the children (always fully clothed and no hickory nuts or full moons involved!) - go Tasha!

Ceallach 4 years, 8 months ago

TurboTax of course, just like Timmy G.

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

Only 500,000 rounds? Maybe we're not as alike as you think!

8-)

1029 4 years, 8 months ago

I filed them under "nice try, big government". They aint getting a single penny of my hard-earned money. And if they ever try to hunt me down and steal my money, I wont hesitate to exercise my second amendment rights.

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

Hey if he does I hope he lets us know in advance! I wanna be first in line to sell tickets!