Previous   Next

Do you think Hillary Rodham Clinton would make a good Supreme Court Justice?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 13, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, I do. I think she’s brilliant, she knows the law, although she’s a bit liberal. … I think she is very capable of rising above that for the purpose of justice.”

“Yes, because I think she would be good at anything she does.”

“No, I don’t … she supports a lot of Obama’s policies, which are far left and out of touch with our society today.”

“I do not believe so because I don’t agree with the things for which she stands.”

Comments

purplesage 4 years, 5 months ago

No X 1000! Have we forgotten the shady real estate dealings in Arkansas? The Cllintons are lawyers - as I know the justices must be. But they are the kind of lawyers who feed the pool of lawyer jokes, whose knowledge of the law allows them to stay barely legal. This is a scenario I hadn't imagined. I was afraid that the ex-President had such aspirations, though.

grammaddy 4 years, 5 months ago

No. Great lady that he is, she has no experience on any bench.Gotta have a little experience presiding over some court.

Bill Lee 4 years, 5 months ago

I think she'd do a good job, but she's better where she is for now. Let her be Obama's third Supreme Court appointment, replacing one of the more conservative members. I don't who will resign or die next, but I'm convinced there will be a third opening during Obama's presidency...most likely in his second term.

verity 4 years, 5 months ago

If she says that her name is Hillary Rodham Clinton then that is her name. She gets to say. That is what we all get to do. Get over it already. If that is all you've got, you've got nothing.

Kirk Larson 4 years, 5 months ago

It was funny when Dan Quayle and his ilk made a big deal about Hillary using her maiden name. As soon as those bums were out of office his wife went back to her practice as Marilyn TUCKER Quayle.

grammaddy 4 years, 5 months ago

Sorry Spacehog, I meant "she". Sometimes I type too fast for this keyboard to keep up. Can my dog join yours and Autie's? She can open the fridge and fetch beer. She likes blowing out matches and lighters, too.

BorderRuffian 4 years, 5 months ago

Oh, yes!! Of course we should raise Hilly to the Supreme Court. After all, she is already sooooo experienced. Let's see - she was first lady of Arkansas and was in charge of Whitewater, she was first lady in the White House, and oversaw her husband's sexcapades, and she is now Sec. of State. All primo qualifiers! The best thing of all is, she has never sat as judge ANYWHERE! That alone should qualify her!

This rumor is disgraceful, despicable, and has corruption written all over it!

puddleglum 4 years, 5 months ago

i say: you go girl. it would be more fun than a barrel of monkeys to watch the NRA's response, not to mention how cool would it be if the supreme court found that fox news can not use the word 'news' because it is a opinion-digest network. just imagine " FOX Opinion-digest with bill O'reilly"

that would be great

chocow 4 years, 5 months ago

Actually, you could have had a better question for the day, considering she is not even on the "list". Sometimes JW you need to stay up on the news.

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

Ever notice how the people who scream about patroitism the loudest are the first ones to throw democracy out the window when their candidate doesn't win?

Tom, Obama wasn't annointed, he was elected -- by the people. I know you have a hard time with that, being the one-party only type.

Yes, Clinton would make a fine judge. She is far more centrist in her views than most people on either side ever recognize. That is why I supported Obama in this past election, because Clinton wasn't liberal enough.

denak 4 years, 5 months ago

A better question would be, why would she want to be a Supreme Court Justice?

As Secretary of State, she is only 4th in line for the Presidential sucession. That is a lot of power. Plus, as Secretary of State, she remains the first female Secretary of State. If she became a Supreme Court Justice(which I don't think she should for numerous reasons already mentioned on this board) she would only be the fourth. History doesn't really remember the fourth person to hold a particular title but it always remembers the first.

So, if Hillary is looking out for her legacy, she would do better to stay the Secretary of State.

Dena

nobody1793 4 years, 5 months ago

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.

jonas_opines 4 years, 5 months ago

Woohoo, a lightning-rod OTS question!

I think it would be better to get a judge.

/out

denak 4 years, 5 months ago

oh wow, do I have egg on my face. I totally spaced her out. My only defense is that like, Tom with the current administration, I just try to forget that the Dubya administrations ever happened.

My bad.

Kirk Larson 4 years, 5 months ago

I think Madeline Albright might have something to say here.

Linda Aikins 4 years, 5 months ago

Come on guys. Let's get some pictures.

bruno2 4 years, 5 months ago

Not just yes, Hell Yes! Hey wing nuts, Hillary's name was put forth as a possible nominee by one of the top elephants on the Senate Judiciary Committee, your very own darling Orrin Hatch, who said, "I happen to like Hillary Clinton, I think she's done a good job for the Democrats -- Secretary of State's position, and I have high respect for her, and think a great deal of her." Have a bite of that hog, and keep your sick fantasies to yourself please. Ooooh, hurts don't it...

2002 4 years, 5 months ago

Well, she would have made a better President that Obama has shown himself to be. But, she really hasn't been practicing in the legal realm for a very long time. She is a politician and that isn't really what the Court needs.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

Does Hillary have a wise Caucasian uterus?

snoozey 4 years, 5 months ago

She has done a fine job of letting her husband poke strippers and stick things in congressional interns. If that prepares you for the Supreme Court she should be a shoe-in.

kugrad 4 years, 5 months ago

I think Hillary Clinton is a very intelligent lady who has many skills. However, I do not think she is a lawyer? Correct me if I'm wrong. She hasn't ever worked as a judge in a lower court. Therefore, I feel she is not qualified to be a justice of the Supreme Court. We need qualified people with judicial experience at that level.

riverdrifter 4 years, 5 months ago

Not really.

"What's your vector, Victor?"

bd 4 years, 5 months ago

heck , she couldn't keep track of her husband??? and you want her for what???????

Geeeeez!

beatrice 4 years, 5 months ago

bd, keep track of her husband? He cheated on her -- he is the one who broke the marriage vows, yet you blame her? Don't tell me, you also blame women who get raped on what they were wearing, too.

Blaming the victim -- geeeez louise!

independant1 4 years, 5 months ago

I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration. (HRC)

independant1 4 years, 5 months ago

If you ever injected truth into politics you have no politics. (Will Rogers)

TopJayhawk 4 years, 5 months ago

She is a terrrible Sec. of State. She has shown clearly that she has no moral compass, or she would have never taken the job. Look at how she has gone along with Obama in treating the British gov.

jayhawklawrence 4 years, 5 months ago

No and not because I don't like her.

She is far and away too biased to be a judge.

Anyone who would nominate her would lose all credibility in my view.