Previous   Next

Are you excited about the start of Major League baseball this weekend?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 W. Sixth St. on April 2, 2010

Browse the archives

“Yes, because I’m interested to see what the Royals are going to do. I’m thinking about going to Opening Day.”

“Yeah, because I love the Minnesota Twins and Joe Mauer.”

“No, I’m a Royals fan.”

“I’m a Texas Ranger fan, but I’m still into the Final Four basketball games. … Go Baylor!”

Comments

ontheroadfitness 5 years ago

I am SO ready for the start of the MLB season! I'll be at the K in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to that no matter how poorly the Royals are doing!

5 years ago

The lady is a little late for Go Baylor in the Final Four isn't she? She must be a diehard fan if she doesn't even know they didn't make it. I guess maybe it's Women's Final Four.

jillh 5 years ago

Baylor women are in the Final Four... They beat Duke oddly enough!

BruceWayne 5 years ago

Mark's comment was HILARIOUS! if you didn't get it you dont follow the royals or you are a COMPLETE idiot.

Julie Craig 5 years ago

Babboy - I was thinking the same thing. Obviously the sarcasm from Mark went right over his head.

I love the Royals and always get my hopes up... I can relate to Mark.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years ago

Yes, but that would be an understatement.

“Yes, because I’m interested to see what the Royals are going to do. I’m thinking about going to Opening Day.”

— Alex Jackson, entrepreneur, Lawrence

Hate to break it to ya Alex, but it's sold out.

tomatogrower 5 years ago

spacehog (anonymous) says… Mark, did you actually hear the question? Habla Engles?

Spacehog, get a dictionary and look up the word sarcasm.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years ago

@ spacehog

You obviously missed the sarcasm in Mark's comment, ya genius!

What's up with your hate of baseball anyway? Some kind of deep-rooted daddy issue? What did baseball ever do to you?

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years ago

I ran into a dude like that at a Kwik Shop in Lawrence once, but at least he had music on his CD...he even let me bump it before I bought it. He wasn't affiliated with "Sticky Green Records" to my knowledge.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years ago

@ Pywacket

Yes, that's how I got my ticket. Most people with those tickets aren't thinking about going...they're going. Alex's comment said he was thinking about going...if he doesn't have tickets already, he's probably boned.

Deja Coffin 5 years ago

My husband is a die-hard Royals fan and can't wait for opening day. I'm curious if Slugger will be throwing any hot dogs to the fans this year or if he's been banned. You know if you catch the hot dog with your eye and not your hands, you could receive a detached cornea. What ever happened to that law suit?

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years ago

@ Dejacrew423

I'm betting that the Royals just settled and paid the guy's medical bills.

Flap Doodle 5 years ago

Couple of years ago, a friend left his car parked on the Plaza in KC with two Royals tickets on his dashboard. When he came back, the driver's side window had been shattered and there were four Royals tickets on his dashboard. (recycling, it's not just for tin cans)