Previous   Next

Would you pay $300 for a pair of shoes that would help you jump higher?

Asked at Watson Park on April 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“No, because that’s really expensive and it’s not that cool to jump higher.”

“Probably so because I’d be dunking in b-ball all the time.”

“If they were cool, but I don’t think I’d be able to wear them to play basketball.”

“Absolutely, so I could make it rain on all these fools in basketball.”

Comments

CreatureComforts 4 years, 12 months ago

Yeah. it would impress the ladies. They like the ups.

grammaddy 4 years, 12 months ago

Why would anyone do that? $300 will put new tires all the way around on the Gallant.

alm77 4 years, 12 months ago

No, but I do want my husband to spend $99 on those shoes that promise to make by butt look awesome.

beatrice 4 years, 12 months ago

Is it just an inch or two higher, or is it Flubber higher?

BorderRuffian 4 years, 12 months ago

Never, never again. I bought a pair odf Keds back when I was a whipper snapper because the kid in the commercial was able to run straight up a tree. I tried and durned near kilt myself. Besides, what would a man in his upper seventies need with a pair of shoes that made him jump higher? If'n they worked, I'd be bouncing over the top bar of my walker. Reminds me of the time I got accused of "stalking" one of the cute, young nurses. I made the head nurse lower the charge to "shuffling" the little cutie. Heh, heh, heh.....

hail2oldku 4 years, 12 months ago

Hey R-I, that wasn't the free bin. That was my bag you pulled the Burner out of out there. Thanks though, since the clubhouse attendant is the one who set my bag out and left it unattended they replaced it with the Bertha which I like better anyway.

Tony Kisner 4 years, 12 months ago

oh yeah, then my vertical would go from 3 inches to 6.

beatrice 4 years, 12 months ago

3crookedhearts 4 years, 12 months ago

An original pair of Air Jordans from 1985 recently sold for $10,000. Sneakers are becoming quite collectible.

denak 4 years, 12 months ago

No, but losing a few pounds might.

Dena

P.S. Love the flubber references.