Previous   Next

Have you seen the new Jay Leno show?

Asked at La Prima Tazza, 638 Mass. on September 22, 2009

Browse the archives

“No. I’ve heard about it, but I haven’t had a chance to watch it … too busy with law school.”

“No I haven’t, no interest.”

“No. I don’t have cable or satellite or rabbit ears.”

“No, I didn’t know he had a new show.”

Comments

KS 5 years, 1 month ago

I have seen it and it is the same ole, same ole! Different set, different time, same old format. I agree with Snap......do people still watch NBC?

M. Lindeman 5 years, 1 month ago

Tried to catch it a couple of times, til he had fat moore on there. Nothing like an anti-american multi-millionaire bitching about how bad capitalizism is. Haven't turned that show on sence, and the ratings seem to agree with me.

Bill Lee 5 years, 1 month ago

I've watched a couple of times. I like what he's doing with combining musical guests. Too large of a stage results in no feeling of intimacy. He's parting his hair on the opposite side from in the past, and it looks goofy. I'll watch on Monday nights for "headlines," but that's about it. There are better things to watch in that timeslot. Sorry, Jay.

Matt Warman 5 years, 1 month ago

After Carson retired, I tried Leno and Letterman, but they just don't have what it takes. I got Spoiled on Johnny Carson. Leno in prime time? Not a chance, there is too much other good programming on to waste my time with his same old routine. Yawn.

Jim Williamson 5 years, 1 month ago

Anyone else old enough to remember when Leno was edgy, maybe even a little dark? Not Bill Hicks dark, but just a little dark?

Then something went terribly awry.

3crookedhearts 5 years, 1 month ago

Phogfan, remember Bill Hick's bit about Jay Leno? Absolutely hilarious. That's real comedy right there. Every time I even see Jay Leno, I have to fight to contain the vomit from spewing out of my mouth. He's just awful.

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

bloody NBC peacocks. Wonderful.

I think it came on, right before I switched channels. I think that might have been after Heroes, right?

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 1 month ago

yes i have. it was okay however i will co-sign its critics which have said it is just a retooling of the tonight show.

50YearResident 5 years, 1 month ago

He should have quit while he was ahead! Now after his show is canceled because of lack of viewers he will be seen as a failure, and always remembered that way.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 1 month ago

Yeah. It's like the Tonight Show, but earlier. I stick around for Headlines.

Oh, and rdragon, I avoided the Michael Moore interview, but I did happen to flip back to the channel just in time to catch a funny question. Leno noted the movie is a criticism of capitalism, and then asked: "So, are you making money on this movie?" I laughed out loud.

lawrenceishome 5 years, 1 month ago

What's the big deal if someone is questioning Capitalism? I am by no means an opponent of it, but it is always interesting to stretch your mind and think of the ways capitalism can, and has been, abused or misused. It's in the same light as Communist Manifesto...I am not a Commi, but one would be ignorant not to see some amazing trends.

As far as the Jay Leno show, I happened to see the Kanye interview at the gym and that was quite hilarious! Will never watch it again.

trinity 5 years, 1 month ago

is the new leno show aired earlier in the evening? the old tonight show is past my bedtime.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

Happy equinox to you, prospector. I hope you can celebrate with a suitable beverage down at Free State.

puddleglum 5 years, 1 month ago

I'd rather watch a rerun of 'top gear'

was jay leno EVER funny?

did anybody see 2-weeks ago the sunday night football halftime where they were asking him about his show and he just cracked jokes with no laugh track? NOBODY was laughing, even the commentators were silent. says it all.

Michael moore is fat, but he is still awesome. I wish he would eat rush limbaugh.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 1 month ago

lawrenceishome: it's not a big deal that someone is questioning capitalism; it's WHO is questioning capitalism. Michael Moore is not a credible source of intelligent discourse; he's an entertainer who gets a lot of attention not because he's accurate or right, but because he's entertaining to enough people.

LogicMan 5 years, 1 month ago

Tried to watch Leno's new show a couple of times. Was so boring that within minutes I went back to watching the local news.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

Moore has become rich by identifying an audience and then pandering to their lower instincts. Rush did pretty much the same thing.

gccs14r 5 years, 1 month ago

I couldn't stand Jay as a guest host for Carson. He didn't get any better when they screwed over Dave and gave him the show. I can't imagine that moving him to 9:00 did anything for him, or us. I'll not be watching, but that won't be new behavior.

John Hamm 5 years, 1 month ago

Why? If I watched TV I'd still watch Dave - the best since Johnny.

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

Permission to expand on original thought, Sargeant!

"Michael Moore is not a credible source of intelligent discourse; he's an entertainer who gets a lot of attention not because he's accurate or right, but because he's entertaining to enough people to enough people who desperately want to believe that he's both accurate and right."

sgtwolverine 5 years, 1 month ago

Permission granted, jonas -- you made the original thought significantly better.