Previous   Next

What will you miss most about summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 17, 2009

Browse the archives

“The awesome weather that we’ll never get again.”

“Road trips.”

“Drinking beer on the porch when it’s warm out.”

“Tad’s snow cones.”

Comments

ms_canada 4 years, 7 months ago

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning............ All over this land....................... If I had a bell, I'd ring it in the morning............... All over this land................. If I had a song, I'd sing it in the morning.......... All over this land........ I'd hammer out justice, I'd ring out freedom I'd sing about love between my brother and my sister, All over this land. well, I have a hammer, I have a bell, I have a song

Rest in peace Mary Travers. (Peter, Paul & Mary) you will be missed.

farfle 4 years, 7 months ago

I'll miss that hip hop version of "Forever Young" on the pepsi commercial. I've only listened to it about 10.000 times. Actually. I'll never drink pepsi again.

labmonkey 4 years, 7 months ago

BlueHarley-

And you don't have a lawn service. I am so ready for this to be over.

Jodi_B 4 years, 7 months ago

busk (bŭsk)
intr.v. busked, busk·ing, busks To play music or perform entertainment in a public place, usually while soliciting money.

Really?

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh Py.. if I could still wear a tube top proudly...I'd buy two, one for each of these flappy old lady upper arms. I really wouldn't care what season it was.

;)

(And if you think I'm serious, you're wrong. My arm's don't flap. I'm joking! They jiggle just like everyone else.)

Practicality 4 years, 7 months ago

What the heck is a Busker?

If I ever get interviewed for an on the street question, I am going to say I am a professional LJW commentor! That would be hilarious.

ms_canada 4 years, 7 months ago

Hey wolverine guy! fall has its good points like hockey beginning. First game Rockford Icehogs next Wed.

ms_canada 4 years, 7 months ago

A book of verse, a jug of wine, a loaf of bread and thou beside me................... on the patio.
ahhhhh summer.

Pywacket 4 years, 7 months ago

R_I~ I think you can still wear your tube tops after Labor Day as long as they're not white.

Also--as long as you stay indoors with the shades drawn whilst wearing them. Agreed, girls? Multi? Ronda?

This was the best summer I've ever spent in KS, due to the lack of excessive heat. Even in August, the fields were green and not scorched and dead.

And, while I don't miss school being out, per se, I do miss the luxury of not having to set the alarm clock.

sgtwolverine 4 years, 7 months ago

Fall is my favorite season, so...not much. It was fine while it was here -- actually, this was better than most because the weather was more pleasant than usual -- but I'm happy fall is here.

Matt Warman 4 years, 7 months ago

eating foie gras out on the deck with a beer...

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh and tube tops, definitely tube tops.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

Much better question. Thar be ducks in that sky. Cool mornings and cool evenings with Indian summer afternoons. And it is early Teal season. Football, even if momma says that the foosball is the devil's game.

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

Did Donna pass away? Disco will never be the same.

Oh, the season. It will be back in a couple hundred days whether I miss it or not.

Let's be a 'Positive Polly' and look on the bright side.

"What is the most exciting thing you look forward too in the fall?"

coolmom 4 years, 7 months ago

spending extra time with the kids and watching my lefty finally get to the stage where he could swim during swim lessons without looking like he was having a siezure.

blue73harley 4 years, 7 months ago

I lettered the side of my riding mower, "I survived mowing season, 2009".

I have never mowed so much in my life! I think it rained every 4 days or so. Sick of it!!!! I am getting ready to spray Round-up on the gravel drive for the third time this year. (Can't seem to get Merrill out to my place. Must be busy pickin' weeds in town.)

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 7 months ago

“The awesome weather that we’ll never get again.”,

what does she know that we don't know? --

This summer?

The bump on N 2nd. I came through from the North the other day and noticed a little rumble and thought, "this will be gone soon"

My next thought was, "That's just not right!"

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 7 months ago

The livin' is easy, fish jumpin', high cotton, my rich daddy, and my good lookin' mamma.

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

I will miss the temps in the upper 90's with 85% humidity. I will miss the fleas, ticks and chiggers and mosquitoes. I will miss mowing with all the aforementioned.

Topside 4 years, 7 months ago

Yes definitely Tads. "Jayhawk" is my fave flavor. just a grape and cherry mix, but oh so good, and oh so team loyal. The wife likes "summer Breeze"...it makes her feel fine.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

Laughing at the OCD wackyness of spiderham's most recent incarnation.

zettapixel 4 years, 7 months ago

I don't miss anything about summer. Bring on fall!

jonas_opines 4 years, 7 months ago

This summer? Not a gorram thing. Worst three months of this decade for me, and I'm happy to see the end of it.

Donnuts 4 years, 7 months ago

Days under huge trees by the field with my straw hat and a bandana sweating sweet summer sweat throwing boomerangs and drinking lemonade.

M. Lindeman 4 years, 7 months ago

Did we even have a summer this year? I thought we went from spring straight to fall.