Previous   Next

Have you ever participated in a run/walk for charity?

Asked at La Prima Tazza, 638 Mass. on September 10, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, I have, probably five or six.”

“I don’t believe so. … I went to an anti-war walk once.”

“Yes, I did the Lawrence Half-Marathon for the Health Care Access Clinic.”

“No, never had the opportunity.”

Comments

Soapdish 5 years, 3 months ago

I've done (4) 5K's now and am attempting a half marathon in KC mid October that benefits the Leukemia Society I believe. It's a nice way to stay motivated to run when you're doing it for someone else and not just for the health benefits.

Mary Darst 5 years, 3 months ago

Played 118 holes of golf in one day for M.S. That was 15 years ago. I played with a friend of mine. We would end up with a whole group of people following us. I think they were really just there to drink. But it was fun.

myvotecounts 5 years, 3 months ago

Way to go, Soapdish! I've done a marathon and half-marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. It's a super program.

bkreed1960 5 years, 3 months ago

I've lost count on how many I've done over the years.

geekin_topekan 5 years, 3 months ago

Yes, my own.

I used to walk up and down mass all day long raising money for my charity. Probably 5 miles per day. Made bank too.

Matt Warman 5 years, 3 months ago

My wife and I run 4 or 5 5K's a year and they are all for worthy causes. It is great to run in them, good for you and for a good cause.
Oh, um, Sofie, make up your mind!

beatrice 5 years, 3 months ago

Jessica the farmer needs to ease up on the pesticides. It appears she has developed a growth on her left shoulder that looks like a hippie.

Yes, I have run for charity.

Crossfire 5 years, 3 months ago

When I was younger I did "Charity" runs all the time. I was poor and homeless. If I needed something I would grab it and RUNNnnn....

Crossfire 5 years, 3 months ago

....farmers in KCK.... ...what they grow is a hippie attractant.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 3 months ago

I have a strict policy against walking without a compelling destination. If I'm going to walk, I'm going to walk somewhere I want to be.

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

The last Charity I knew was in elementary school, and she was already mean as hell.

ms_canada 5 years, 3 months ago

jonas - you are priceless. My laugh for the day, oh no, I hope there will be a few more laughs this day. Just went out in my yard to do a bit of dead=heading and wow, is it cold. Can not believe it. Fall is on it's way and then can winter be far behind?

Soapdish 5 years, 3 months ago

Thanks myvotecounts!

Honestly I was -never- a runner before. Heck I almost threw discus at WSU. I got told a lot I was too this or too that... I wasn't moving fast enough... blah blah blah and for whatever reason, I decided to give it a go and tackle a new challenge! It's still occasionally a struggle to keep my mind in it but my fastest 5K was 27:26 and I was really really excited.

GardenMomma 5 years, 3 months ago

Brew-to-Brew and Hospital Hill every year for the last 3 years and plan to continue.

I ran the Dam Run last year, but couldn't fit it in this year. I would like to add that one as a regular one as well.

A couple of years ago the kids and I did the Turkey Trot too. That was cold, but fun. My five-year old was running faster than me!

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

Danke, Mrs. C.

By the way, I just signed on the myspace last night for the first time in about 9 months, and I saw you had left a message. I can't remember if I replied or not, but the pup -- who's pretty doggish now until he sees another dog or me or my wife or a few of our friends and starts his full-body wag -- remains quite a barrell of laughs for all of us, and is still one of the sweetest, calmest, and smartest dogs that I've met to date. Sorry for the. . . delay in response.

jonas_opines 5 years, 3 months ago

Oh, one from you too, R-I, but to be honest I don't see myself returning to myspace too much.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 3 months ago

I did the MS walk last year and took a detour to check out the new memorabilia in Allen Field House; guess I stayed in there too long because once we left they'd taken down the signs showing the path for the walk.......we ended up cutting through some apartment parking lot and eating at the Pita Pit......but it's the thought that counts, right?