Previous   Next

Do you think Kansas Athletics will be able to sell all the new Memorial Stadium club seats?

Asked at Wayne & Larry’s Sports Bar, 933 Iowa on September 3, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, the football team is doing really good. I have season tickets.”

“Yes, KU football is getting better and better each year.”

“The way they’ve been playing the last few years, I think they will sell them out.”

“No, absolutely not. I just don’t think we can generate enough interest in it, especially in today’s economy.”

Comments

Kawatchi 5 years, 12 months ago

This is great news! The fact that they are giving $40M of the proceeds to the University is awesome too.

kujayhawk 5 years, 12 months ago

I think he meant 2008, not the eighties. Anyway, go 'Hawks! I love having a competitive football team around here.

Bill Lee 5 years, 12 months ago

We haven't reached the level of the few programs (i.e. Nebraska) tha sell out no matter what the team's record. We will have sellouts in winning years and not in the losing ones. Not all cycles are on bike paths.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 12 months ago

Absolutely.

Wait...are they taking the seats out of the stadium and selling them off? That's what I thought they were asking.

(Yes, I think they'll be able to sell them. People like football.)

spiff 5 years, 12 months ago

I hope they sell them to incredibly loud drunk people.

ohjayhawk 5 years, 12 months ago

I was wondering the same thing T_O_B. I was at KU very late 80's into the mid 90's and, if they weren't having any problems selling seats, there were an awful lot of people in attendence that had the best disguises in the world as empty seats! And there were even a few years in that span where the team was pretty good.

puddleglum 5 years, 12 months ago

ya gotta support those kids....even in the terry allen days

TheJokerObama 5 years, 12 months ago

WTH does Patrick Boyle know? Can anyone agree he looks like a DBAG?