Previous   Next

Have you been affected by the flu this season?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa on September 2, 2009

Browse the archives

“Not yet, but I know I’ll be giving a lot of shots.”

“No, and I’ve got three kids in public school.”

“No, I take my vitamins, I exercise and I’ve been lucky.”

“Not directly, but our daughter’s wondering if she’s got it and my wife’s now wondering if she’s got it.”

Comments

Practicality 4 years, 7 months ago

Dena,

To answer your question, the swine flu has the word SWINE in front of the word flu, and the everyday flu has nothing in front of the word flu.

Does that clear it up for you?

denak 4 years, 7 months ago

I actually had the flu last week. I still have a little junk in my lungs. Hopefully, this means that I won't get sick this winter. Nothing like getting it over early.

The funny thing is I looked up Swine flu and regular flu and I couldn't figure out what the difference between the two were. Exact same symptoms.

So, how is a person suppose to know if they have just the normal everyday flu that most of us have had a half a dozen times in our life and swine flu? And just why is Swine flu considered so deadly? From what I read, most people recover from it.

Anyhoo, the answer to the question, is "Yes, I have"

Dena

TheJokerObama 4 years, 7 months ago

Sheena Hess is too hot for the swine flu.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 7 months ago

I've started washing my pork with purell.

jhawkmomof3 4 years, 7 months ago

She is a peer counselor who works with mother's learning to breastfeed!

kung_pao_chicken 4 years, 7 months ago

Perhaps she's a peer counselor who happens to be breast-feeding...?

somedude20 4 years, 7 months ago

It really is a little too early to be getting a flu shot now. I understand that the media hypes but kids, lets not get the panties in a bunch. Most doctors will say wait until mid-late October

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

This rain is not good for not getting the flu. We got soaked this morning. I hope I don't get dove flu.

mickeyrat 4 years, 7 months ago

Hmm. Four "no" responses in front of the "health-food store." I'm shocked...

Donnuts 4 years, 7 months ago

Change it back.... Change it back.... bu the flu...We all saw it!

prospector 4 years, 7 months ago

Just by the incessant droning about it. Flu happens.

Bu!

Matt Warman 4 years, 7 months ago

I bet Cary is popular on "take your child to work day"

Donnuts 4 years, 7 months ago

I like to be classified by my job and my job only. Is that a job? That is kinda funny. I grow cells up from bacteria in a lab in NYC. Hi Cary, you would remember me but not my name. France was fun in '90?

There were 5 cases of Swine flu in April that died in Brooklyn and Queens. I think there were a few in Montana as well. Be careful.

John Spencer 4 years, 7 months ago

I second that, say BU to the Flu!!

autie 4 years, 7 months ago

a breast feeding counselor? Is that a job?

No, we ain't been sick. Just worry about the kid in the petrie dish.

Donnuts 4 years, 7 months ago

Say, Robert, you should read my blogs more often.

Donnuts 4 years, 7 months ago

I haven't ben effected bu anything that I know of. I always wondered what that girls name was. Let's see 825 or 807? I am still searching. I will make it back that way maybe next summer to try to find out again. Geez, 18 years is a long time to bu effected by something so drastically that nobody could find the cure for. I guess I have been effected bu something, not quite sure what ails me.