Previous   Next

Have you changed your behavior to avoid getting the flu?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I already had the flu.”

“No, I just don’t think there is really anything you can do to be able to not get the flu.”

“No I have not, but I have had my flu shot and I’m waiting for my doctor to get the H1N1 (vaccine) in so I can get that too.”

“No I haven’t. … It doesn’t seem like it’s any different than any other seasonal flu.”

Comments

H_Lecter 5 years, 9 months ago

I usually cook the meat just a little longer during Flu season....till it stops screaming.

Boosh 5 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I don't venture out "On the street" anymore.

trinity 5 years, 9 months ago

maybe in some really odd way (that's me, lol); such as, i hurt the heck out of my knee about a week&a half ago; haven't gone to the doc because i don't want to sit in a waiting room full of "flu victims". ocd, much? yeah well. the knee is much better-but it sure hurt there for a while.

Matt Warman 5 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I am more anti-social than usual. Also, I don't let my kids in the house anymore.

flux 5 years, 9 months ago

Yes, I stay away from buffets and keep hand sanitizer in the car

bankboy119 5 years, 9 months ago

Dear Margaret,

Before you jump and get another vaccine to make the drug companies more money, you should ask your doctor if they actually take the shots themselves. Most will tell you they do not.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 9 months ago

no, i've always been somewhat of a germaphobe when it comes to publicly used stuff (doorknobs, bathroom faucets, toilet flushers, keyboards/mouses, etc). if anything now other folks are acting like i've always acted.

Matt Warman 5 years, 9 months ago

We asked our Pediatrician, my wifes doctor and my doctor, all three said they do not take the shots. Two of the three did not recommend we get them.

1029 5 years, 9 months ago

Yeah, when I bus tables I no longer eat the leftovers on the plates (which I only did if it looked untouched). I never lick forks or other silverware anymore. It's been a little harder to stop finishing of beers and other drinks, though. Sometimes I just use a straw. And I started washing my hands at work, instead of just once before my shift starts. And I'm temporarily not eating any ham, bacon, or pork products.

sgtwolverine 5 years, 9 months ago

Wait...I'm supposed to avoid getting the flu? Why didn't anybody tell me? I guess I've avoided it purely by accident. Either that or I'm just totally incompetent at getting the flu.

greenvera 5 years, 9 months ago

take vitamin c! TAKE VITAMIN C! if you haven't found a reputable brand yet than at least take emergen-c packets when you start to feel the tickle in your throat. give your body that extra boost to fight off the flu. preventative care is key. it works! just try it.

Richard Heckler 5 years, 9 months ago

Double my dose of multiple vitamins,eat more veggies, fruits and try to get a bit more rest plus keep exercising.

Warm soup is soooooo good.

Water water water

Cut wayyyyyyy back on socializing.

Then keep hoping.