Previous   Next

Do you ever have trouble sleeping?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on October 19, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, definitely. Usually I try to relax watching sports.”

“Yes, but it’s not that bad. I just deal with it.”

“Maybe once in five years.”

“All the time. Sometimes I listen to music or play around on the computer until I get really tired.”

Comments

sgtwolverine 5 years, 6 months ago

I...uh...what? I'm sorry. I couldn't hear you over those sunglasses.

Anyway. I think nearly everybody has had trouble sleeping at some point or another. So yeah, I've had trouble sleeping.

Practicality 5 years, 6 months ago

Um, why do you think I am writing this at 12:30 in the morning?

1029 5 years, 6 months ago

I've been up for almost three days now. You see lots of interesting things when you're awake that you would miss seeing if you were asleep. It's pretty wild.

jumpin_catfish 5 years, 6 months ago

Sleeping, sleeping I don't need no sleeping.....

RoeDapple 5 years, 6 months ago

I'm up all night whining about stuff in a high pitched voice, barking and grouching about stuff like some mean gruff idiot. (^2:45 am post)

8-{

Flap Doodle 5 years, 6 months ago

I read myself to sleep with donnuts' blogs on LJW.......

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 6 months ago

donnuts, that's one of the reasons why i dislike apartment living. its like you have to put up w/ everyone else's nonsense.

i do have trouble sleeping sometimes but its normally sinus related.

mom_of_three 5 years, 6 months ago

Yes, since I have returned to school. I can't be on the computer or thinking about anything important or else I can't sleep, cause my brain doesn't stop thinking.
Sodoku puzzles usually help me relax, and I can sleep. Not sure why, but maybe cause they aren't homework or work work and not important.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 6 months ago

LOL @ bob. okay, i admittedly didn't read the responses by the "people on the street" until you brought them to my attention.

good one. :)

Linda Aikins 5 years, 6 months ago

oh yeah.....so i do the sleep clinic thing, right? I sleep all night there.

I have tried so many different drugs and stuff - nothing yet has given me easy doze-off and stay-asleep-all-night results. However, tonight I will try to work those sunglasses into my dreams (the few I am able to have I can usually manipulate). It will take some work though.

schula 5 years, 6 months ago

I drink a cup of Sleepy Time tea before going to bed. I sleep all night and don't wake up feeling groggy as when I have taken Tylenol PM or some other sleep aid.

greenlid79 5 years, 6 months ago

Lately, it's been kinda bad. Trying to quit smoking and I'll wake up in uncomfortable fits sometimes. And Lord help me if I've forgotten to take off my nicotine patch when I go to sleep. I'll wake up at 2:30 am in a jittery sweat.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 6 months ago

too many insides jokes for me to digest....

infidel 5 years, 6 months ago

Medical marijuana works or so I am told.

ms_canada 5 years, 6 months ago

I don't generally have a problem with insomnia, I just turn on the light and read for a while. but last nite was a horror. I did not want to read, I wanted sleep but it eluded me. Now I am going to be useless today. I guess I'll just lie on the couch and read all day. Two paragraphs and I'll nod off. Oh yeah!!

RoeDapple 5 years, 6 months ago

But, but... baby seals are so yummy!

Like northern veal......

Larry Bauerle Jr. 5 years, 6 months ago

Often, but then I just read Marion's latest post, or the latest repost of his earlier repost, and that puts me to sleep.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 6 months ago

okay.... this monday is kinda turning out to be crappier than usual mondays (for many reasons i sha'nt mention in this forum) so i think the veiled dark humor eluded me.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 5 years, 6 months ago

"play around on the computer until I get really tired"

The computer is not a calming device. Not a good way to get TO sleep. Take it from a multiple-sleep-disorder-sufferer.

paisley 5 years, 6 months ago

Only at home. I do great at work! Ha.

BigPrune 5 years, 6 months ago

Rust never sleeps.

I sleep from 1 1/2 hours to 4 hours every night. I'll take a 10 minute power nap on occassion. If I am only able to afford 1 1/2 hours, I will self hypnotize myself to completely relax. I can actually function the next day, working fulltime plus taking care of the kids, doing the household chores- laundry, meals, homework etc., plus I also have a second job. Into my 5th year of this routine, I can feel it taking its toll on me physically. For the first 4 years the wife wouldn't let me nap, because she didn't believe in naps - of course she did absolutely nothing to help out.