Previous   Next

What is your favorite pumpkin-flavored food?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. on October 14, 2009

Browse the archives

“Other than coffee and tea, it would be the muffins.”

“Pumpkin-flavored eggnog.”

“Pumpkin muffins.”

“Cold pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 2 months ago

You got it Jessica! Only instead of cold pumpkin pie with whip cream, make mine fresh from the oven apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese on top and a cup of hot black coffee!

thadrosen 5 years, 2 months ago

Multidisciplinary, try the pumpkin whoopie pies at HyVee. Scrumptious!

KCTech 5 years, 2 months ago

My wife's homemade pumpkin cheesecake. If you haven't tried it, you ought to. Kind of funny, but I don't even like pumpkin pie!

ohjayhawk 5 years, 2 months ago

My wife just made some kick-butt pumpkin bread the other day. So, based on it being most at the forefront of my thoughts, I'll have to go with that.

George_Braziller 5 years, 2 months ago

Pumpkin roll. It's kind of like a jelly roll except it's made with pumpkin and has a nut and cream cheese filling.

puddleglum 5 years, 2 months ago

pumpkin ice cream at baskins robbins........too bad that will never happen again. does anybody know anybody else who sells it?

Aisling 5 years, 2 months ago

I do not like pumpkin pie I do not like it said I would not eat it in a house I would not eat it with a mouse I would not eat it with a fox I would not eat it in a box etc etc etc

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 2 months ago

yummmmmmmmmm.......... i heart pumpkin stuff. my favorite would be pumpkin bread. homemade.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 2 months ago

puddlegum... braums sells pumpkin icecream as a seasonal item. however, you may not be close to a braums. they make good stuff.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 2 months ago

ohjayhawk, can i come over to your house? :D

Mary Darst 5 years, 2 months ago

TOB.. Receipt for pumkin brownies...Sounds delish!!!

Ronda Miller 5 years, 2 months ago

DQ has a seasonal pumpkin ice cream that is just like pumpkin pie. I love I Hopps pumpkin pancakes which are seasonal as well. I love baked pumpkin with spinach and layers of mozz. cheese over the top.

roe, no pumpkin in your apple pie...or is it one of those mock pies...hehehe

coolmom 5 years, 2 months ago

i love pumpkin pie this time of year and i make pumpkin bread that has the neighbors calling. i make several loaves and give them to neighbors and friends and teachers this time of year and have calls to see if we have just one more. my best friends insists that i give her 2 loaves as she has to put up with me lol. i cannot make pumpkin pie as well in my opinion.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 2 months ago

coolmom, consider me one of your neighbors. :)

ronda, that pumpkin w/ spinach and mozzerella sounds delish. who had the recipe for that one?

Bill Lee 5 years, 2 months ago

An old girlfriend used to make a pumpkin cake that was similar to carrot cake, only better (if that's possible). I'm sure she still makes it each year, but her husband would probably be upset if I invited myself over for some.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 2 months ago

misterlee, i forgot about pumpkin CAKE! oh my goodness!! "yum" doesn't begin to describe!!

ksdivakat 5 years, 2 months ago

Last year, I came across this recipe for Pumpkin cake and it has 2 indgredients, get a spicy cake mix and 1 can pumpkin, no eggs, no nothing else, just mix the can pumpkin with the spice cake mix and bake at the temp the cake mix calls for, then use cream cheese for the icing. THis was a hit at Thanksgiving, I made it for my co-workers and family and have already been asked if I will make it again, it is delicious and so simple I couldnt believe it!

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 2 months ago

ksdiva, thanks so much-- and that makes sense that you'd just use a spice cake mix. i think i'll make that for t'giving. we are planning on a big family reunion type of t'giving dinner this year and i can make alot of that cake for not a whole lotta money.

ksdivakat 5 years, 2 months ago

thats it exactly Mel! And it tastes awesome! I could not belive that it didnt call for eggs or anything, just the cake mix and can pumpkin and of course the frosting and it was delicious! My kids are already driving me batty asking me to bake one before t-giving...lol

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 2 months ago

thanks again ksdiva. :) i'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 2 months ago

At Hogwarts apparently they only drink butter bear and pumpkin juice.

GardenMomma 5 years, 2 months ago

Homemade pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream on top.

Sigmund 5 years, 2 months ago

Pumpkin Flavored SPAM. It's perfect for the holidays! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdpsfB... Spam, by Weird Al Yankovic

Spam in the place where I live ... ham and pork Think about nutrition, wonder what's inside it now ... oh boy Spam in my lunchbox at work ... it's the best Really makes a darn good sandwich any way you slice it at all

If you're running low, go to the store Carry some money, to help you buy more The tab is there to open the can The can is there to hold in the spam

Oh, spam on the table at home ... ham and pork Think about selection, are there different flavors now ... let's eat Spam in my office at work ... it's the best Think about the stuff its made from, wonder if it's mystery meat

If you need a spoon, keep one around Carry a thermos, to help wash it down Now, if there's some left, don't just throw it out Use it for spackle or bathroom grout, now

Spam in my pantry at home ... have some more Think of expiration, better read the label now ... oh boy Spam breakfast, dinner, or lunch ... it's the best Think about how it's been precooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold

Now, once you start in, you can't put it down Don't leave it sitting or it'll turn brown The key is going to open the tin The tin is there to keep the spam in

Oh, spam ... spam Ham and pork Think about nutrition, wonder what's inside it now ... oh boy Spam ... spam It's the best Really makes a darn good sandwich any way you slice it

Spam in the place where I live ... have some more Think about addiction, wonder if I'm a junkie now ... let's eat Spam in the place where I work ... you're obsessed Think about the way it's processed, wonder if it's some kind of meat

Spam in the back of my car ... ham and pork Spam any place that you are ... ham and pork Spam any place that you are ... ham and pork Spam any place that you are ... ham and pork