Previous   Next

Are you a Black Friday shopper?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 27, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yes, because it’s fun and I do it with my girl friends and my sisters.”

“No, I am not because I don’t like the crowds.”

“No, absolutely not. There is just too much stress involved trying to pack everyone into a store, trying to get deals.”

“No … too many people.”

Comments

labmonkey 5 years, 2 months ago

Hell no. I will not go out into crowds, only to buy Chinese made junk (junk, as in crap...not junk as in a ship). I prefer to search out American made goods to give for Christmas. I get most of my gifts from unionlabel.com.

RoeDapple 5 years, 2 months ago

No.... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night!

notajayhawk 5 years, 2 months ago

If I was, I wouldn't be answering this question!!!!!

sibkiss 5 years, 2 months ago

This year I am reading a book called The Millionaire Code for the second time. I kept telling myself "I CAN do it!" as a positive affirmation, since my subconscious tells me "no you can't".

The book's author said to look around your house and see if there is anything that you have that can be improved. It may be a million dollar idea.

Well, since I had a few extra empty coffee cans, I decided to go to Hobby Lobby and get red, green, black, and white glittery felt, glitter glue, sequined ribbon, and dress up those coffee CANS, and give them as crafty tokens of my appreciation for my friends and family. I am not a crafter, but as I started to make them, I got better ideas to decorate them in the holiday spirit. The best idea came from the bible. 2 Thessalonians 3:16 which says a lot about peace..

Just have fun, Peace and prosperity to you all.

wordgenie8 5 years, 2 months ago

For politically aware and activist people this is buy-nothing weekend. We used to celebrate it big-time in San Francisco, and I just saw it being promoted on facebook by Resurgence magazine in the UK.

asbury 5 years, 2 months ago

I did it once..never again!! Last night in the KC area we went "people watching". At Best Buy there were dozens of tents, and plenty of people sitting around wrapped in blankets. Toys 'R Us was even worse. This was around 10pm. Crazy.

paisley 5 years, 2 months ago

Nope! Not shopping...working. Besides, my shopping is done. After we ate yesterday, I wrapped some gifts even. It was a really good day.

jonas_opines 5 years, 2 months ago

"I hope they don't read this, or maybe they will."

They're all after you.