Previous   Next

Is Thanksgiving your favorite holiday?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and Louisiana streets on November 25, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I prefer Christmas. It’s a lot more fun for the grandkids.”

“Yes, because of the food. It’s better than Christmas.”

“No, it’s not. Easter is because it’s the resurrection of Christ.”

“Yes, because it’s just about family getting together without presents and commercialism.”

Comments

grammaddy 5 years, 1 month ago

Yes, it is. Great food, lots of family and no commercialism.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 1 month ago

My favorites are all those undesignated holidays-from-the-Holidays.

trinity 5 years, 1 month ago

nope. my fave holiday is FESTIVUS! :)

canyon_wren 5 years, 1 month ago

It's one of my favorites, but not THE favorite. I guess Christmas is still my favorite--there are so many aspects of it that I enjoy, particularly the music. It IS nice,though, that Thanksgiving is not as commercial as the other holidays--that spoils holidays for me that used to be a lot more enjoyable.

SpiritTat 5 years, 1 month ago

Till I had a kid of my own, I dreaded the holidays ~ sooo much family baggage, Schwarzenegger in his heydey would have had trouble carrying it.

But time (a whole lot of it) ~ and a wee one of me own to start a-new with, have me enjoying the winter holidays soo much ~ and especially Christmas, so that one gets my vote for fav.

"Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind."

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

Something tells me that if you put a turkey with all the fixin's in one corner and a bunch of wrapped presents in the other, lil' Tristan would be saying something different. But he's cute, though.

My favorite is Halloween.

canyon_wren 5 years, 1 month ago

autie, you must have been watching one of my favorite Andy Griffiths reruns lately--to remember Panama Canal Day and National Potato Week!

backyardwino 5 years, 1 month ago

don't forget: International Talk Like a Pirate Day. . . Sept, 19 System Administrator Appreciation Day. . . (last Friday of July)

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

Tomorrow is the birthday of Eugene Ionesco. Go do something absurd.

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

"Jonas, he will be sitting is a fort made from the boxes gnawing on a turkey leg soon there after."

Hmmm. . . I didn't start playing Lord of the Vikings until I was at least 5.

jonas_opines 5 years, 1 month ago

For Holiday cheer (for those who don't hate animals I guess)

Great thing is that his facial expression in the first pic is really similar to the face that I've had human clerks give me when I told him I didn't want the 100s, just the regular hard pack.

mom_of_three 5 years, 1 month ago

nope, thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday, but it is nice to have Fridays off. Christmas is okay. I usually enjoy family get-to-gethers. This year, I just want to veg to myself with my hubby and kids.

Ricky_Vaughn 5 years, 1 month ago

As much as I enjoy indulging in gluttony, I'm with Jonas. Halloween is my favorite.

acg 5 years, 1 month ago

No, this isn't my favorite holiday. I get up at 6:00 a.m. and start cooking and then spend a whole day cooking and cleaning things. I munch so much while cooking that by the time dinner rolls around I'm full. Then I generally pass out on the couch for a few hours and wake up to a kitchen that looks like it needs a Hazmat squad. This year, however, will be different. My hubby said he was going to do all the cooking and for that I'm truly thankful! Yay! I may just sleep in, take a hot bath and do my nails.

dajudge 5 years, 1 month ago

Usually. Cinco de Mayo is a good one, too. Lots of Mexican food then.

Newell_Post 5 years, 1 month ago

propsector:

How about Guy Fawkes Day? That's sort if like "blow something up day."

Chrissy Neibarger 5 years, 1 month ago

Halloween is definitely my favorite.

Other than the Turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing, which IS one of my favorite dinners..Thanksgiving tends to remind me of all the past faults of our ancestors and the "claiming" of new property...

Sagecasey 5 years, 1 month ago

My favorite holiday is January 2nd. The end of the holiday season.

labmonkey 5 years, 1 month ago

R_I and Autie.... Please tell me there is a National Eyebrow combing day for Walter.

My favorite holidays are Super Bowl Sunday and Chiefs opening day.

riverdrifter 5 years, 1 month ago

Mardi Gras. There was my pal Roger hanging by his knees from the railing of a balcony over Chartres Street when he started to throw up and the hookers... Oh, never mind.

denak 5 years, 1 month ago

Yes, if I'm the one cooking. I only get to cook Thansgiving every 5 years or so, so it is fun when I do get to do it.

Of course, if I had to cook every year, I probably wouldn't like it as much.

Dena

Bill Lee 5 years, 1 month ago

I like saying goodbye to the year on New Year's Eve. It's also a great time to get kissed alot.