Previous   Next

Are you headed home for the holidays?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on November 22, 2009

Browse the archives

“No, I’m staying here in Lawrence for Thanksgiving, headed back to Minneapolis for Christmas.”

“Yes, I am, me and my brother. … There’s going to be lots of food, and it will be nice to go back to the farm.”

“Yes, me and my boyfriend are headed back to Ottawa. That’s where my mom lives.”

“I am not headed home for Thanksgiving, but I am for Christmas.”

Comments

2Bfrank 4 years, 4 months ago

NO i am reducing my carbon footprint and staying home with energy potentate Al Gore.

tfing3705 4 years, 4 months ago

I know people who post messages on these forums are usually just "sounding off" for the sake of it. But Reticent_Irreverent really blew it when he called Miss Whiteford impolite and boorish. She is young -- I'll give her that. But she is also one of the most respectful people I've had the pleasure to meet in a long time.

Mary Darst 4 years, 4 months ago

TOB...now that is funny. If my Mom was still alive she would call and correct those two. Bad grammer NEVER got past her. I know that is hard to believe...knowing Autie and all.

Mary Darst 4 years, 4 months ago

What is an information technician? I know. the man with all the scoop....I have step-children that could use that as a job discription. If it's happening in this town..They will be the first ones to get the scoop. We'll be staying home...so I can get up on Friday and head up to Lawrence on Friday for the BB game and then to KC for the Muck Fazzou game.

vilduhellerblogspotcom 4 years, 4 months ago

no, will be spending the holidays here in lawrence with me love.

vilduhellerblogspotcom 4 years, 4 months ago

no, will be spending the holidays with me love.

2Bfrank 4 years, 4 months ago

you bet, going to Kansas City - Kansas City here i come!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

"You've got little ones, right?"

Is that related to Man-O-Pause?

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

TOB, you remind me of Norman Thayer in on Golden Pond, griping about his daughter's deficiencies in the same sentence as he's complaining about why she never comes home to visit him anymore.

You've got little ones, right?

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 4 months ago

Have yourself a Free State beer and all will be well. I plan on sitting on the back stoop and reading a book and having a few beers. It is very nice out.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

prospector, Age before beauty, pearls before swine.

prospector 4 years, 4 months ago

smokers

Not a good day for me I see.

prospector 4 years, 4 months ago

Me, you, and R_I could try to go to the brewery, but we might die of thirst saying to each other, "No, you first." at the door. Not really, we can get a beer on the porch if you can put up with the smoker's.

Me, a strong 'C' English student on a good day.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 4 months ago

Spector - It just struck me funny this morning. As you know, my grammar is horrid.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 4 months ago

prospector, It's a matter of politeness, not grammar that leads people to put themselves last in a list. In the same way you hold the door open to let others walk through first, you should let everyone go first first in your sentences.

Kimberly and Ben are part of the "Me" generation. It is clear from their boorish behavior. Me thinks they need a Miss Manners paperback book for a seasonal gift, because, Emily Post is in hardcover, and more expensive, and the Kindle is just plain wrong.

prospector 4 years, 4 months ago

Ugh

Bob, check the calendar, it is 'Scratch the Chalkboard Day' to irritate the grammar police and 'Speak Like a Hollywood Indian Day'.

My mom would repeat it without the "and...", as "Yes, me...are headed back to Ottawa".

Kat Christian 4 years, 4 months ago

No family so I'll be all alone - so you all enjoy that turkey and pumpkin pie. I'll be thinking about you. Sure miss those next day turkey sandwiches for breakfast. No sense cooking a big dinner for one. I'm still thankful though for a lot in my life. Turkey dinner can't give you that. I do miss the family gathering, now that's just a memory.

The_Original_Bob 4 years, 4 months ago

“Yes, I am, me and my brother. …"

"Yes, me and my boyfriend"

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 4 months ago

Nope. Comes a point where everybody's dead and all that were once "homes" are sold. But dinner is on at labyrinth's with Ray, Simon and the rest, so it should be festive seeing as how I'll be in the company of true Mayflower descendants.

So much love in that house,( two and four legged) if it weren't for the winterizing, it would seep out the windows. ;)

spacehog 4 years, 4 months ago

I was born here and I'll die here against my will I know it looks like I'm moving, but I'm standing still Every nerve in my body is so vacant and numb I can't even remember what it was I came here to get away from Don't even hear a murmur of a prayer It's not dark yet, but it's getting there. -Bob Dylan

Donnuts 4 years, 4 months ago

Yum yum pumpkin pie and turkey.

rantor 4 years, 4 months ago

Look! It's Austin Powers's girlfriend!