Previous   Next

What is your favorite product made in Kansas?

Asked at The Merc, 901 S. Iowa on November 16, 2009

Browse the archives

“Central Soy Foods tofu. It’s really good for you, it tastes good, and it helps people get jobs here in Lawrence.”

“All the fresh produce that’s in our local Farmers’ Market. ”

“The honey-coated sunflower seeds. It’s a sweet snack that’s also healthy for you. ”

“Honey, by far. It’s sweet and good.”

Comments

mae 5 years, 1 month ago

YES! what spacehog said. take it to mass again please!

these merc answers are alien to 90% of the population

gccs14r 5 years, 1 month ago

Labmonkey,

Did you read the article? The dude was drinking three quarts of soy milk a day. Too much of anything isn't good for you.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 1 month ago

Tofu and honey. Roe, name one food besides, sob, Bambi, that you eat. :-)

Matt Warman 5 years, 1 month ago

I'll second on T_O_B's wife. Wait, that came out wrong. I swear I never met her. Whatever T_O_B says, I'll second.

headdoctor 5 years, 1 month ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says… RI got disappeareereererddeded. This is becoming unfair

If you can figure out the enforcement of the LJW TOS would you please post it so others can read. The only thing obvious is it does work by flagged posts and or complaints but it would appear that it is up to the eyes of the beholder as to the decision to red ink it or ban the user. While there are some real no brainers(such as threats to a poster)as to why something happens, a lot of regular posters are left scratching their head why the enforcement appears to show favoritism. But hey, it is their forum. If I don't like it or a given outcome I can always leave or just not post.

pace 5 years, 1 month ago

i happen to believe fresh home grown Kansas tomatoes and sweet corn beat similar products from other states. I think the home grown zucchini in Oklahoma is better than Kansas's . I do like Kansas beef and central soy and bishop's honey.

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 1 month ago

Py, I totally object to a woman being called by the b word. I am offended by most obscene and vulgar words. However I do not intend to try to enforce my opinion on others. Just saying. We need to have a list of words that cannot be wrote on the comments section, or the blogs, of the Journal World. You should not criticize someone because of their weight or the religion they belong to.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 1 month ago

For the moment, I'm saying little, but oh, what I'm thinking.....

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 1 month ago

i'm from salina so i have to represent:

cozy inn hamburgers. buy 'em by the sack! :)

somedude20 5 years, 1 month ago

I like these beautiful, corn-fed, locally grown women they have around here

gsxr600 5 years, 1 month ago

Merc bias again. Is it really the best place to ask over 50% of all on-the-street questions? Apparently it covers all demographics.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

Sorry I missed out on all this enlightening conversation. I've been busy chasing the illegitimate son of a neighbors dog that has been defecating his feces on my lawn.

Viking2 5 years, 1 month ago

Candy from the Sweet Granada in Emporia and bread from Wheatfields.

riverdrifter 5 years, 1 month ago

Cougar Custom Boats of Hill City, Kansas. If you have to ask the price, you can't afford one. I have to ask the price...

labmonkey 5 years, 1 month ago

Pywacket-

Kyle's mom or Barbara Streisand.

puddleglum 5 years, 1 month ago

best product of kansas? gotta be the free state beer.

or hashinger herps

parrothead8 5 years, 1 month ago

spacehog (Anonymous) says… How come b*s don't have to register for the draft?

Answer: Jimmy Carter thought they should. But rather than me explaining it to you, just read the Wikipedia summary of the court case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rostker_...

My favorite product made in Kansas is Dennis Hopper.

Oh, and I agree that the Merc is getting to be a tiresome location for these OTS questions. There ARE other streets in Lawrence, you know. Try some of them.

riverdrifter 5 years, 1 month ago

Pepper ring bologna from Brandt's Market in Lucas. Bought two rings on the way home today. Thanks, Doug!

Cait McKnelly 5 years, 1 month ago

I have no objection to the use of the "B" word. I have a tee-shirt (and wear it proudly) that says "You call me B***h like it's a bad thing." I can guarantee no woman ever got to the top of the heap without being one. Irish, although our ideas are extremely divergent I've actually grown pretty fond of you. You remind me of one of my sisters. But hon Scientology is not a religion. It's a cult of snake oil salesmen and recently in France it was slammed for fraud for a gajillion dollars. Even some of the stars that flocked to it in the 80's and early 90's like John Travolta (who seems to have become disillusioned with it after the death of his son Jett) are leaving it. Now on to the actual question of the article. I recently visited a friend in Portland, OR who used to live here. I made up a basket for her that had several bottles of Gates BBQ sauce, Malomilk cups, several different types of Wolferman's English muffins, an umbrella from the KC Star (handy in Portland), sunflower potpourri and packages of glazed and spiced sunflower seeds. Took me ceveral days of running around to different places to put it together but it was fun.

Kris_H 5 years ago

Free State Oatmeal Stout. If I ever move back to Lawrence, that will be one of the reasons why.

notajayhawk 5 years ago

"We need to have a list of words that cannot be wrote on the comments section, or the blogs, of the Journal World."

Where would you post the list?

Favorite product made in Kansas?

I-70 Eastbound. ;)