Previous   Next

How do you like your peanut butter sandwiches?

Asked at The Merc, 901 Iowa on November 9, 2009

Browse the archives

“I like them with crunchy peanut butter and jelly.”

“Toasted whole-wheat bread, all-natural peanut butter and all-natural blackberry jam.”

“I like my peanut butter sandwich crunchy with apricot jam.”

“Toasted and creamy.”

Related story

Comments

Kathy Getto 5 years, 7 months ago

On my husband's homemade bread with jelly and cheddar cheese. Mmmmm.

Slackermom3 5 years, 7 months ago

With marshallmellow fluff on white bread folded in half...fluffanutter suitcase sandwich!

nbnozzy 5 years, 7 months ago

I guess me and my girlfriend are so vanilla. We like it the old fashioned way: creamy Jif and grape jelly. I do prefer my bread to be wheat. Imma rebel.

Rex Russell 5 years, 7 months ago

On a slab of dark jewish rye bread. Creamy, with copious amounts of my moms homemade goosebery jam.

Ronda Miller 5 years, 7 months ago

I'll go with Elvis's favorite. Peanut butter and marshmallow cream, slice bananas then fry it! If I'm lazy I go with multi grain bread, sans banana, replace jam with local honey.

Bobdigi 5 years, 7 months ago

Pickles are great on pb&j sandwiches. Sweet or dill it doesn't matter.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 7 months ago

i prefer wheat bread for sammiches of any type. i like creamy peanut butter not crunchy and i like strawberry jam but will settle for grape jelly.

GardenMomma 5 years, 7 months ago

Whole wheat bread, creamy peanut butter (although crunchy is all right), strawberry preserves (but grape will do in a pinch). A tall glass of ice cold milk. Sometimes sliced bananas on the sandwich is nice.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 7 months ago

gardenmomma, i noticed we have similar preferences-- if you're a sandwich for yourself, make me one too please. :D

Matt Warman 5 years, 7 months ago

With bacon and cheese, hold the peanut butter and jelly, add some mayo and tomato and lettuce...

acg 5 years, 7 months ago

toasted white bread, crunchy pb and strawberry jelly. ruffles chips on the side. mmmm

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

Smooth peanut butter is an abomination. Silence! I keel you!

1029 5 years, 7 months ago

Dipped in batter and deep fried is the only way to go. I make pretty much every sandwich this way except for tuna salad.

KansasPerson 5 years, 7 months ago

My favorite peanut butter commercial. Now THAT'S some old-school animation!

Purell 5 years, 7 months ago

Creamy peanut butter is for the toothless & sissies; real men demand extra crunchy!

trinity 5 years, 7 months ago

creamy Jif on mrs. baird's fresh white bread. mmmm. occasionally with strawberry jelly. often a single slice of bread slathered in pb (Jif creamy) and with a liberal sprinkling of chocolate chips on top. mmmm. always with milk. always.

Aisling 5 years, 7 months ago

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, heinz 57 and french fried potato. Oh wait, that's for cheeseburgers. Um---creamy Jif and Sara Lee white bread if I'm feeling extree crazy I put a layer of potato chips.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 7 months ago

you know, potato chips on a PBJ doesn't sound all that bad! especially if they're lays or ruffles.

Richard Heckler 5 years, 7 months ago

On home made sour dough wheat bread with honey or grape jelly strawberry jelly * granola

billbodiggens 5 years, 7 months ago

Chunky peanut butter mixed together with orange marmalade and chocolate chips and topped with a slice of American cheese on whole wheat or 6 grain bread

Chrissy Neibarger 5 years, 7 months ago

Creamy PB with Marshmallow Cream and Chocolate chips!! :) Yumm.. had me one of those just last night!

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 7 months ago

remember when peter pan (or maybe it was jiff-- don't remember which) came out w/ that chocolate peanut better? they don't sell it anymore. but those made great sandwiches!

speed05 5 years, 7 months ago

Crunchy PB Kraft sandwich spread and fresh tomato slices

MadeInKS 5 years, 7 months ago

Mmmmm... I like mine with whole wheat toast, extra-crunchy Jif ("choosy mothers choose Jif") and homemade sandhill-plum jelly.

suesay 5 years, 7 months ago

Whole wheat Sara Lee bread, smooth peanut butter, a banana on the side and a tall glass of cold milk! A couple years and one baby ago, when I was a regular gym goer, I'd have that combo every night after working out for weeks on end and wouldn't get tired of it! For some reason, it just doesn't taste the same to me if the banana is actually on the sandwich. I don't like it!

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 7 months ago

peanut butter and 'nana sandwiched are off the hook.

Dover 5 years, 7 months ago

Blech! I loathe crunchy PB.

Smooth JIF with seedless blackberry preserves... grilled. Mmmm, melty.

kmat 5 years, 7 months ago

I saw on the food network this weekend PB&J pizza. It looked so good. Spread PB on the crust and cover (completely, or else it burns the PB) with jam and bake until crust rises and jelly is really gooey.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 7 months ago

Does anyone else remember the PB you would get in C-rations? (actually the correct term was MCI by then, but everybody called them Cs) Eat one small can & you wouldn't have to drop a chunk for a couple of days.

beawolf 5 years, 7 months ago

With a side of ribeye steak and a baked potato.

royalpain 5 years, 7 months ago

I like crunchy peanut butter with apple butter on whole wheat.

coolmom 5 years, 7 months ago

creamy never crunchy, strawberry jam and white or wheat. honey and creamy works just as well but only those two choices.

Mary Darst 5 years, 7 months ago

OK, I'm all opver the purple goo. Peanut butter mixed till creamy with grape jelly. Has anyone ever had a grilled PB&J. Rich, but tasty. I usually just like mine on plain ol white bread. And, Mel we have sammiches at our house , too.

Tony Kisner 5 years, 7 months ago

My Dad made one for me first he buttered both pieces of bread then the PBJ. It was incredible, but even in third grade I could see the health issues involved.

hwarangdo 5 years, 7 months ago

toasted whole wheat, natural crunchy, blackberry jam and bananas ... or pickles ... but not together ... or toasted whole wheat, natural crunchy, blueberry jam and m&m's ... with a large glass of ice cold milk ..

jaywalker 5 years, 7 months ago

Crunchy, with my grandmother's homemade raspberrry jam on honey multi-grain bakery bread........AND a tall glass of ice cold milk! AND a bag of Fritos!!

Heaven, I'm in heaven.........

jaywalker 5 years, 7 months ago

Oh yeah....toasted and hot in the winter!

P.S. Incorporating the fritos into the sandwich is a very good thing also, makes me feel like a kid again.

Bleufer 5 years, 7 months ago

Cinnamon-raisin bagel with crunch peanut butter and cream cheese.

If you need something that will stick with you all day (working outdoors in cold weather), this is it. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

AnnaUndercover 5 years, 7 months ago

It's all about peanut butter and bananas.

labyrinth 5 years, 7 months ago

bobdigi, right on. Dill pickles and add a little mustard to help cut it off the roof of your mouth. Actually, I think my mom was pregnant when she introduced these to me. I am in such a mood today, I think my winter project may be trying all of these. If I survive, don't bloat off the face of the earth, I'll let you know how I did.