Previous   Next

How often do you use sunscreen?

Asked at Lawrence Outdoor Aquatic Center, 727 Ky. on May 30, 2009

Browse the archives

“Never because I want to tan.”

“98 percent of the time I’m outside because I don’t want to get skin cancer”

“Once I realize I’m getting burnt.”

“All the time so I won’t burn myself.”

Comments

bearded_gnome 4 years, 10 months ago

I too wondered about this as a OTS question!

c'mon LJWorld, why don't you open it up to us trusty comment posters.

why don't you open a blog for us to suggest good [nonlame] questions for OTS?

asked at Haskell Indian Nations university: "are you a native american?

... asked at Freestate Brewery: "do you prefer more of a hops flavor in your beer?"

asked at the Kansas Union: "how many beers does it take to put you under the table?"

asked at Zenn Zero: "Do you use your noodle?"

asked at the downtown post office: "do you want to stamp out illiteracy?"

asked at LMH: "How long do you expect to live?"

asked at the downtown pool: "swim or sunbathe? oggle or be oggled?"

SwineFlu 4 years, 10 months ago

ON THE STREET ..asked at Brothers Downtown Lawrence.

Do you prefer to call a females exposed thong the "whale tail" or the "Flux Capacitor?"

SwineFlu 4 years, 10 months ago

shaking my head at this stupid question

Pywacket 4 years, 10 months ago

Ha! The kids are smarter than the high school principal. She lives in NM and never uses sunscreen? Does she WANT cancer?

She looks older than I do and I bet she's younger!

couranna1 4 years, 10 months ago

I don't use it too ofter But if I'm on the lake I do

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 10 months ago

When I am driving into a low sun, I will fold down the sunscreen.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 10 months ago

It's funny because when it comes to my kids I cover them with sunscreen...even their hairline, ears, everything. But then when it comes to me, I'll just rub the excess sunscreen left on my hands into my arms and that's it. I really need to get better about sunscreen when it comes to myself, I am peeling now from a recent burn. So tacky!

Chris Ogle 4 years, 10 months ago

I always start the sunscreen after the first good burn... slow learner.

slappedyomomma 4 years, 10 months ago

multidisciplinary,

"There's a reason previous generations used parasols, hats to protect their faces, gloves, and long white sleeves in summer. They knew the sun would absolutely ruin their looks!" ......................

actually, they didn't want to get a tan or burned because it was a sign of status and wealth. it meant that they were rich enough to hire servants which would do the manual labor outside, which meant that those people would get the sun exposure.

milky, white skin was a status symbol during the Elizabethan period. not because they knew that the sun would "ruin their looks".

Music_Girl 4 years, 10 months ago

Funny how both the "good" answers (wear sunscreen often to avoid burns and cancer) came from young kids! Maybe the schools are teaching kids something these days...

phenommenom 4 years, 10 months ago

More often now! I don't want to end up with a leather face! LOL

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 10 months ago

I use it every time I go out. I also use a foundation on my face that has sunscreen. Since I have had cataract surgery on both eyes I am very aware of them and always wear sunglasses as your eyes are in as much danger from sun damage as your skin.

autie 4 years, 10 months ago

After age 40 it became a must. I could care less about a deep, rich tan. the autiedog is nine today. Time for a birthday party.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 10 months ago

Efudex cream- Talk to your doctor about it. If you lived in KS, sunbathed,swam, played in the sun, fished...you're a candidate. If you grew up without sunscreen, you've most like got precancerous cells on your face , chest, ears, etc right now, and you can't tell, but Efudex can. Why not get it treated simply before they have to cut it off of you and leave a scar?

(Oh yes girls..all those summers of looking hot for the guys? Starts biting you big time around age 35..believe me..NOT worth it at all. Those young guys are long gone, but your freckly sun damaged skin stays in your life forever.) Stay out of the sun, wear a hat. Sunscreen isn't all it's cracked up to be. There's a reason previous generations used parasols, hats to protect their faces, gloves, and long white sleeves in summer. They knew the sun would absolutely ruin their looks!

RoeDapple 4 years, 10 months ago

Will my laptop screen give me a burn?